F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Would you buy a truck that was previously in an accident? [and fixed]

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like a very nice black out truck, but I would question why the whole cab was replaced if it had only minor damage. As others have said, it sounds like it was a roll over or the damage was much more severe. Without pictures of the damage, I would hesitate to buy it.

KR-Texas

Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
if its a diesel your wasting you time, the 6.0 and the 6.4 are great after $5000+ put in them, so be ready for the on top of 40K, if it was me, go with the bread and butter 7.3 powerstroke, 99 to 02 1/2 are great lookin trucks and you cant find a better motor, maybe a cummins but who likes dodge?( the answer to that is no)

Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
As a previous Sales Manager in a dealership, if a vehicle has a salavaged title we would bid it for 40% - 50% less than what we would normally bid it for. Also I love accessories and customization, but we would never add additional money for lift kits, wheels, tires, bed covers, etc. Yes, it does have eye appeal, but it only appeals to a small portion of the market. I would say go with NADA private value and deduct 30% - 50% from that and you should be good. Try to talk your way out of an accident or damage discloser when you try to get rid of it in 3 years! Save some money and buy a lift wheels and tires for yours.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a truck that was previously in an accident? [and fixed]