F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Traded in the truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
hey JERK...just because somethng is German does not mean it's ****! I am German American and own both American and German cars. Sorry to tell you, but German cars are very high quality and fun to drive as much as our Fords.
I have no beef in this fight....but, I disagree with you on one point...you are an American (of German ancestry)

Never understood the Afro American, Irish American, Asian American thing...we are simply 'Americans'...

I'm an American (of Scotch-Irish ancestry)

Old 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pagnew
I have no beef in this fight....but, I disagree with you on one point...you are an American (of German ancestry)

Never understood the Afro American, Irish American, Asian American thing...we are simply 'Americans'...

I'm an American (of Scotch-Irish ancestry)

My father was from Germany so our cullture is still strong, but yes I am American. I also live in New Mexico where everyone likes saying they are Mexican or Mexican American (and always putting down the gringos) so I guess I am used to standing up to my European roots. Still, I do not like it when someone relates something from Germany as being "****" so give me a little latitude here. Also, I thought my initial reaction was a bit over the top so edited it but you quoted me before it took.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 02-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy ginormous pics!!! Sorry for the downgrade.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
My father was from Germany so our cullture is still strong, but yes I am American. I also live in New Mexico where everyone likes saying they are Mexican or Mexican American (and always putting down the gringos) so I guess I am used to standing up to my European roots. Still, I do not like it when someone relates something from Germany as being "****" so give me a little latitude here. Also, I thought my initial reaction was a bit over the top so edited it but you quoted me before it took.
Just tryin' to make a little light of the situation... I used to live in SoCal so I understand with the constant Mexican American thing ~

but back to the subject: ...from a SD to a BMW??.....

Old 02-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150

Well, then I take that back, I don't want your old truck... everything needs to be standard shift.
Not very many 6.4L sticks at all. I've only seen 2 others other than mine.

Adrianspeeder

Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks! I liked your truck. You'll be back, you'll be back

Hope it works out for ya!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Weird trade... kinda puzzled. But if you aren't using it as a truck like many (more of a car-like us, myself included) then I can see that

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
I think you were very smart - with gas/fuel prices on the rise the resale on that bigass truck is going to tank and the prices of fuel efficient cars are going to climb. Good timing.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
I just listed some of the things I removed from the truck in the classifieds. Here is the link:

BUMPER - TRAIN HORN - FLASHPAQ - HI-LIFT JACK - PIAA FOGLIGHTS - MTX SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE - ALPINE AMP

Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I just listed some of the things I removed from the truck in the classifieds. Here is the link:

BUMPER - TRAIN HORN - FLASHPAQ - HI-LIFT JACK - PIAA FOGLIGHTS - MTX SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE - ALPINE AMP
Yea I was looking on ebay and found the guard. I was like what the HLL.
Who cares if it was an auto. The auto's are stout. Actually have had better luck out of them then the allison's and of course the dodge trannies..
But anywho, Sad to see you get rid of her. But I don't blame you. Sounds like ford mad you mad or something?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Well, I spent the day removing my bumper, winch, lights, toolbox, train horn, and stereo from my truck. I just needed to get away from it. I found that the more time and energy I spent on the truck, the more grief it gave me. The issue with the batteries draining constantly and the dealer doing nothing was the last straw. I decided that I just want a vehicle that I can drive and not have to worry about something breaking. I originally looked at some Mustangs and G35's and 350z's and Lexuses. I finally settled on a white 2008 BMW 335xi with tan leather interior. All I can say is wow. It may not have the raw power of the Mustang GT, but what the 3,0L twin turbo inline six lacks in power, it more than makes up for in handling (partly due to the awesome BMW AWD).

So, in short, I traded my 4wd twin turbo truck in for a AWD twin turbo car and cut my payment in half. For the first time in seven years, I have a car payment under $400 a month.
Freeky, if you're still here, you made the homepage on f150online. Photo of the week. I hope you're enjoying the BMW and I hope you get back into a F-series again.

https://www.f150online.com/

Old 08-16-2013, 09:52 AM

I was thinking about the homepage when I opened this. Really? The truck has been gone for 6 months and they put it on the homepage? Haha

Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 AM
I saw the pic on the homepage and was like, I know that truck and wondered what happened to Freeky. Then I see that the truck was sold. He was a good poster.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:55 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I was thinking about the homepage when I opened this. Really? The truck has been gone for 6 months and they put it on the homepage? Haha
try 2.5 years

Old 08-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
try 2.5 years
I missed the 2011 part, gave them the benefit of the doubt and just looked at the month haha. 6 months is one thing, 30 is just stupid! But I guess it doesn't matter cause it's still a nice truck haha

Quick Reply: Traded in the truck today...