F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Buy a used lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a used lift kit?

Been wondering lately how badly I really want to shell out $2,000 for a lift kit, and after reading this forum for years and seeing all the different mods you guys go through, extremeford4x4's thread got me thinking, what about a used lift kit?

Got in the house and on the first page of the first place I looked, found a used lift kit of a 2007 F350 Harley (I have a 2005 F350 Harley, identical truck except color). Its a bigger (looks like a 6inch) pro-comp just like I want (I've been recommended by a Ford service manager that the pro-comp is the best to get for a Super Duty, truth??) and is asking only $650 !! It's only a couple hours from me on my way to my girlfriend's place, which is another plus.

Is this going to be a noticeably rougher ride than stock?

Originally Posted by seller's listing
Pro comp lift kit out of a 07 f-350 all parts no hardware. Its all wrapped up and ready to go

So what are your thoughts? What are the max miles on it that you'd feel comfortable purchasing?

Thanks,
-Josh

Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When purchasing a used lift make sure you have a parts list when you pick it up. You don't want to "hope" you have everything then once you have the truck torn apart realize something is missing. As for as how many miles on one, to me that really isn't a big factor as long as everything is in good shape. Inspect everything to make sure nothings bent, the shocks and bushings are still good, nothings rusted, etc. Most of the time some sandblasting and paint can have everything looking new.

As for as Pro Comp being the best, well that's a lie. That's what Ford uses on there factory lifted trucks and is a good lift, but isn't the best. IMO the top 3 lifts are ICON, BDS, Rize. There are a couple of new lifts out, but the ones I mentioned have proven themselves. I'd be lieing if I told you how good or bad a Pro Comp lift rides.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as long as everything looks good, go for it. Even if it has some bolts or brackets missing, you can order those from pro comp through 4 wheel parts. I bought a used pro comp stage 2 lift for my 150 about a month ago. It was missing some brake brackets but that was no big deal. i installed the kit and everything is holding up well. Finding a used lift for a good price that close to you doesnt happen very often. ****** that thing up.

Quick Reply: Buy a used lift kit?