F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Help! New toy!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! New toy!

Hi y'all, I'm new here I had an excursion and just sold it..Miss the bad boy already. With that being said I'm looking into getting a 2011 or 2012 f350 diesel. Getting it turned into an excursion! My wife says I'm crazy but she still loves the idea. I need help though I wanna keep the truck as low as i can but fit 38s under her. Not sure what way to go I do not mind fender flares or trimming. This truck will be used through some mud,along with my daily driver.
Any ideas guys? Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Id think that the bushwhacker cut out fender flares would give you plenty of room to run 38's while keeping it as low as possible. Well at least give you extra room to put as little as lift on it if any..

Be sure to post pics of this beast! Cant wait to see what she looks like all done!

-Matt

Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Badass idea! are you getting it done through this guy?

http://www.customautosbytim.com/2011FordExcursion.html

Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
ProvenDesign-I was thinking about that,I wonder if i could do a four inch with a level. than put the flares on her. hmmmm thanks man!

BG-yeah! its badass,I want one! determined to get one.

Its a big chunk but the way i look at it I can drive that baby til the wheels fall off,than throw some bigger ones at her

Old 04-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Hmm, I was wondering how they were going to handle matching the front flare to the rear of the truck and I got my answer........they didn't! IMO it looks like crap since it has the 11 front fenders and the 99-05 rear fenders that don't match. Basically they got lazy. IF they had stepped up the fabrication a little bit it would easily fit 38s with only a 4" lift, but as that one sits you'd be lucky to do it with a 6" lift. Unfortunetly you can't get cutout flares for an excursion because of clearance to the rear door and the inner wheel tubs. The ideal way to do this would be to have the rear excursion section between the rear door and the rear window lengthened to allow for more room for the 11 flares. Then take the flares from a rear 11 quarter panel and graft them onto the older excursion shell. At this point it won't be that hard to put in bigger wheel tubs in the back so you can fit bigger tires with less lift. On top of all this the frame would have to be lengthened slightly from the one you see in the picture.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Hmm, I was wondering how they were going to handle matching the front flare to the rear of the truck and I got my answer........they didn't! IMO it looks like crap since it has the 11 front fenders and the 99-05 rear fenders that don't match. Basically they got lazy. IF they had stepped up the fabrication a little bit it would easily fit 38s with only a 4" lift, but as that one sits you'd be lucky to do it with a 6" lift. Unfortunetly you can't get cutout flares for an excursion because of clearance to the rear door and the inner wheel tubs. The ideal way to do this would be to have the rear excursion section between the rear door and the rear window lengthened to allow for more room for the 11 flares. Then take the flares from a rear 11 quarter panel and graft them onto the older excursion shell. At this point it won't be that hard to put in bigger wheel tubs in the back so you can fit bigger tires with less lift. On top of all this the frame would have to be lengthened slightly from the one you see in the picture.
Yeah i seen that.sorta looked bit tacky with the complete old look in the rear.I am currently waiting on a reply from them to see if they could do that for me,because i really want 38s my last x was lifted 6 with a leveling kit on 35s it looked nice but still didn't give me the look i dream of now,I also plan on doing some customing to the tail light make it look like its an actually new back end instead of an old one. who knows though i may get tired of waiting and buy an old excursion or bronco see how hard it would be to drop the 6.7 psd and engine in it, do some customs to it. but hopefully they can come through for me! thanks man for telling me the real deal on how i should tell them to do it!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Suspended
so your going to spend 50k on a truck then another 30k on the conversion and take it offroad

for all the money you spend, they could atleast update to a newer looking excursion logo and ford logo on the rear and on the front hood/fender area.

edit: it does say $500 charge for 2011 rear fender addition, so maybe that one just didn't have it?

you can fit a 35-37's on the 05+ with a leveling kit. just matters what wheels you will be putting on and width of tire. theres a guy on powerstroke.org with 41's and 4" of lift IIRC.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 04-28-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Add in a manual tranny and that would be pretty nifty.

Adrianspeeder

Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Add in a manual tranny and that would be pretty nifty.

Adrianspeeder

Kinda hard to get that with a 6.7L like the OP wants. Besides new 6spd auto kicks the old ZF6s in the ***. The full manual mode on the new 6spd auto gives you both a manual and an auto.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Kinda hard to get that with a 6.7L like the OP wants. Besides new 6spd auto kicks the old ZF6s in the ***. The full manual mode on the new 6spd auto gives you both a manual and an auto.
does it give you a third leg as well?

err... um... i mean a clutch pedal

Old 05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
so your going to spend 50k on a truck then another 30k on the conversion and take it offroad

for all the money you spend, they could atleast update to a newer looking excursion logo and ford logo on the rear and on the front hood/fender area.

edit: it does say $500 charge for 2011 rear fender addition, so maybe that one just didn't have it?

you can fit a 35-37's on the 05+ with a leveling kit. just matters what wheels you will be putting on and width of tire. theres a guy on powerstroke.org with 41's and 4" of lift IIRC.
Yeah pretty much :P
Do you have the link i would love to see that truck! Yeah kinda messed up but I can do that myself,or atleast try. thanks guys.

Last edited by xking44; 05-02-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! New toy!