F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Programmer

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmer

I have a 2006 250 6.0L, I have been thinking about putting a programmer on it. I have been looking at the Edge Juice with attitude. What do you think?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
What do you do with the truck heavy towing or strictly DD or a mix of both? What are you looking for out of the tuner is it for towing or performance or both? I have a SCT Xcal 3 with Innovative Perormance custom tunes (towing, extreme street, econ) and I won't run anything else. You are going to need gauges to monitor EGT's, boost, and trans temps though if you have not done an EGR delete you may want to think about while you are at it as well as rebuilding your oil cooler.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Check out PHP>>>www.gopowerhungry.com
If you like edge they offer something similar along with custom tunes....they are also a forum sponsor...

Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
Check out PHP>>>www.gopowerhungry.com
If you like edge they offer something similar along with custom tunes....they are also a forum sponsor...
I know PHP is a site sponsor, but Eric at Innovative is one of the 6.0 tuning guru's with lots of 6.0's out there running around with his tune in them. But that's purely my .02$ after reading and researching for nearly 3 years before finally pulling the trigger on my tunes.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Bill at PHP was tuning diesels before he ever got into the gas engines. He has a LOT of experience with them.

Isn't it wise to replace head studs on that engine prior to tuning?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dsq3973
I know PHP is a site sponsor, but Eric at Innovative is one of the 6.0 tuning guru's with lots of 6.0's out there running around with his tune in them. But that's purely my .02$ after reading and researching for nearly 3 years before finally pulling the trigger on my tunes.
I know Eric is great!
But just giving the OP other options....

Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Bill at PHP was tuning diesels before he ever got into the gas engines. He has a LOT of experience with them.

Isn't it wise to replace head studs on that engine prior to tuning?
If you are going to go crazy and start running above 30-35PSI in boost yes and you will aslo have to replace the head bolts, intercooler, and do a ton of supporting mods to get there. But if you are only going to be using the truck as a DD and towing with it you will be fine and as long as you are not really flogging the crap of the truck like running it down the drag strip every weekend but I would just keep an eye on things. I am not doubting that Bill know his stuff about diesels and I should have included some of the other 6.0 tuners I have come across that are good too.

Here are some more 6.0 tuners.

http://www.elitedieselengineering.co...ormance/1.html

www.gogodiesel.com

Trending Topics

Old 06-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Hello blown headgaskets!!

Bill is a great tuner, but I've never heard anything about his 6.0 tunes, only the 7.3 tunes, which everybody seems to love.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Hello blown headgaskets!!
I don't know why people automaticly think putting a tune into a 6.0 is going to blow the head gaskets. I towed our 11k 5er this weekend round trip and was pushing 30lbs of boost going up a few hills and guess what......I don't have blown head gaskets. I also run a hotter tune when I am not towing and guess what same thing my head gaskets are still intact and I have seen 34lbs of boost while screwing around once in a while. If you drive with you foot shoved in the injection pump all the time with a very hot tune you are going to have problems but if you drive normally 85% of the time you will most likely not have any issues. My truck also has 166k on it with stock head bolts and I have a feeling I am going to be replacing the transmission before I need head studs.

Quick Reply: Programmer