F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2" / 2.5" Leveling Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2" / 2.5" Leveling Kit?

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forum in a while. I used to read every post on here back when I was in high school and had my F150. As corny as it sounds, just coming back to this site literally brings back memories but a lot of time has passed and things have changed – college, corps of cadets, career, marriage, buying house, etc. Anyways, last summer I stumbled across a deal on an 06 F250 PS SD that was too good to pass up so I reluctantly let go of my F150. Since then I’ve kept myself entertained working on some pretty extensive construction and home improvement projects but I’m almost to the point where I’m breaking stuff just to fix it so I’ve decided that’s its time to keep myself busy by giving the “new” truck some overdue TLC.

I’ve been thinking about giving it a little bit of lift but my antennae already hits every joist in the parking garage at work so I’m really limited to how high I can go. It seems like leveling spacers were really popular in the half-ton scene but I’ve done some searching and haven’t found a whole lot of info or pictures of people running leveling kits on SDs. There are tons of really cheap aluminum spacer options all over eBay though. Of course, the suspension system is very different but I ran a 2” spacer on my 150 for about 5 years without any issues at all other than the upper control arm rubbing on the coil a little bit.

So, how many people are running spacers on their 05-07 SD? Do you have any pics? Are there any common performance / maintenance issues I should be aware of?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Suspended
i ran them on my superduty, ended up with a BMF spacer just since it is what i could get that day locally. alot of people over on powerstroke.org are using atomic (something of the sort) leveling kits from ebay.

when you do level it will move your axle over a hair due to the track bar but not much and not noticeable unless you look. install is stupid simple if you have jack stands that go high enough (roughly 27", i used 32" tall jack stands) the axle drops alot before you can get the springs out but besides that it's a breeze.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Suspended
double post

Last edited by 06yz250f; 06-17-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Right now I've currently got 275/70/18 Michelin ATs. Its not an aggressive tread at all and its not too wide but they have right at a 33" radius. Do you think a 2" leveling kit will dwarf the tires really bad? These Michelin's are great tires and have plenty of tread so it's hard to justify upgrading right now.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Suspended
33's will look small, not terrible but you will wish you had bigger tires at some point.

with a leveling kit i'd look into a 35/12.50 at some point.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Alright, so I’ve never done any photo editing before but decided to try some GIMP tools and see if I can emulate a 3” rough country lift that Im looking into getting. It’s a little more lift than I was looking for but it’s the only kit Ive found that has everything I would want to replace (track bar bracket, radius arm drop, shocks, etc). I will probably eventually get some 295/70/18 Nitto Trails but what do you think it will look alright till I can get that done? Heres a link to almost the same truck with the same amount of lift and 33” tires (2.5” in the front and f350 rear):

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8692/img0216o.jpg

Stock:

3"/2" Lift:

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Suspended
if it was me i'd just get a 2.5" leveling kit. it will only move your axle over slightly and won't be noticeable unless your looking for it. there have also been bad things said about rough country's kits for 3/4 & 1 tons. parts breaking from daily driving, search powerstroke.org and there should be a couple threads on it. also on a few other forums as well, it's apparently not unheard of for them to break so i'd look elsewhere for a lift.

another option if you don't want to have your axle slightly moved is get an adjustable track bar and then you can re-center the axle.

Quick Reply: 2" / 2.5" Leveling Kit?