F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Anyone color match with LineX yet ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone color match with LineX yet ?

has anyone yet color matched both front and rear bumpers and front grill/grill surround on a 08+ F250 yet ? I am seriously thinking about going this route on my Ignot Silver F250 seeing as painting and 3M covering the paint cost nearly triple that of the LineX. Tried searching the net and didn't come up with much so I figured I would ask.

I love the look of the listed above painted silver with the black head/tail lights and feel the LineX would come out to look basically the same I just question the textured look of the LineX looking off with the smooth texture of the paint.

Chrome is not my friend and I want to get rid of it all.

Opinions ?

Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Jesse Rohr did this didnt he on his last white truck? Im sure hes got plenty of custom info for you

Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
There's an F-250 on another forum that has recently done the rocker panel the same color. I can't remember what brand he used, but all he did was mix paint with it.

Jesse did have this done on his 08. The only issue with the white is it starts turning yellow and will stain. The previous owner had it removed and repainted the area.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Big Smokey,
I did see Jesse truck and it looked good from the pics I have seen but as Highon22's said I know the white turns color overtime altho I have been told that LineX now has a LineX Clear they can shoot over the colored LineX which stops the fade/color chnge from occuring.

HighOn22's,
Gonna have to dig and find that F250, but I wish I could find one that has done the Ignot Silver with LineX. I might just say screw it and pull the trigger as I know the LineX dealer and basically get it free. Spoke with him today and it is now the front/rear bumpers, Grill, Bed, and all the Icon Suspension parts I am considering spraying. I think it will give the truck a different look (never see any around here with lift components color matched) and go very well with the Black/Silver theme I am shooting for.

Choices, choices!

Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Mine Is color matched Xtra on bumpers and steps. Can't really see the texture until you get up close.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Here is the link to the thread on powerstrokenation.com.
He says that he used Al's Liner and mixed some of his paint in it. I've never heard of Al's Liner.

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...d.php?t=117408

Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do it man! It'd look sick and get rid of that nasty chrome

Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
fx4,
I am going with the LineX but for some unknown reason Icon is taking a stupid long time to ship out my kit. They say the shocks had to be built, that was 2 weeks ago, and I know it was in the middle of SEMA but damn!! As soon as the kit comes in the LineX work will go down, the reason im waiting on the LineX work is because I want the suspension parts sprayed in the same batch so all that is perfectly matching.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackPlatBDS
fx4,
I am going with the LineX but for some unknown reason Icon is taking a stupid long time to ship out my kit. They say the shocks had to be built, that was 2 weeks ago, and I know it was in the middle of SEMA but damn!! As soon as the kit comes in the LineX work will go down, the reason im waiting on the LineX work is because I want the suspension parts sprayed in the same batch so all that is perfectly matching.
Sweet, it's going to look killer

Quick Reply: Anyone color match with LineX yet ?