F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Rear end finished

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks really good. The 11 FX4 stickers look much better than the older models. I thought about having some Flat black ones made.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
what overhead display you doing? Replacing or adding?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Drdudsads
Wow, done? Not so easy buddy! Tail gate needs to be painted to match the truck, stickers gotta go (I know you just put them on, but gotta go!) And, and PTM the bumper! Do it man, DO IT! Hey do it! Also need a chrome shiny tip on that muffler! Than done, maybe.

Or add a turbo and some injectors =) go fast, than look purdy!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

haha i did add the "for now" part. decals are staying for a while since i like how it breaks up the color and the back of the truck. PTM bumper is being worked on but deciding what to do upfront first. should be getting a paintable rear bumper this week also just to have.

if we get picky, there is wax pen on the top left part of the step from the yard it came from (guy i got it from got it from a yard), need to cut a hole for the spare tire winch since it changed sides and like you said gate will be resprayed and new 3rd brake like is being worked on.

as far as exhaust its staying as it is for now and will probably dump it under the truck with a tip later if i feel like spending money on a new turbo back.

So ya its far from done

as far as turbo, i do want but were talking studs, new fuel pump/sump, regulated return, powermaxx, and 190's thats an easy 7-9K in due time.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
what overhead display you doing? Replacing or adding?
replaced. old one screen went out. text me if you want to try and fix it. got the new one for decent deal of 60 shipped for the comp. was one of those things that needed fixing when the opportunity came.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Drdudsads
Originally Posted by thejake1989
haha i did add the "for now" part. decals are staying for a while since i like how it breaks up the color and the back of the truck. PTM bumper is being worked on but deciding what to do upfront first. should be getting a paintable rear bumper this week also just to have.

if we get picky, there is wax pen on the top left part of the step from the yard it came from (guy i got it from got it from a yard), need to cut a hole for the spare tire winch since it changed sides and like you said gate will be resprayed and new 3rd brake like is being worked on.

as far as exhaust its staying as it is for now and will probably dump it under the truck with a tip later if i feel like spending money on a new turbo back.

So ya its far from done

as far as turbo, i do want but were talking studs, new fuel pump/sump, regulated return, powermaxx, and 190's thats an easy 7-9K in due time.
Hey Sally may, it's never done! I say leave the front end as is looks ****! Rear end needs some PTM and deletion of sticker. I wouldn't do dumped exhaust had it on my mega cab and the smell would get into the cab with the windows down at the light. Lucky I liked the smell, females not so much haha. Oh I know how cost adds quickly I had a few bucks wrapped up into. Guy gave me a offer I couldnt refuse and it went, same with my toy hauler. Now I got my f150 that I'm supercharging still no diesel power though! At least will hold me over for a year, I hope. Really want a 2010 f350 with a spartan setup next go around.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:50 AM

haha yea i know theyre never done. im working on saving up for studs to then start adding things piece by piece. and exhaust is straight piped and really not worth swapping yet until i need the powermaxx to breath haha.

being that i only got it in june and its mostly done appearance wise is odd feeling for me but it needs a few more minor things done maintenance wise then its power time. its at the shop right now for tierods and thinking of getting 2 rear view cameras. one for the back and put it in the spare tire winch hole thats on the wrong side and run it to the edge cts and and then a front camera on a switch run to the head unit.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Drdudsads
Once you stud it than it's game over as you will be hooked, have the supporting mods and wanting more and more! Shawn's 04 or 05 PSD 6.0 at NADP is a animal! Wanna say runs 12.65's, anyway truck is a monster! So it's Matt's 12 valve too! I just like to have a shiny tip on my exhausts, my only real "bling" you could say haha

Coming a long way in 6 months! Funny you bring up the cameras. I have alpine ina w910 coming in and plan to have a camera in the front and rear as well. Been a week so far gets deliveried today, yet still waiting on my dash install kit.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM

exactly, i figure i can be in the high 14's currently (ran 15.015 with horrible RT) but it should be studded by next summer hopefully. sucks that injectors cost around 3500 plus install. its got 175K on it so far and i want to be able to freshen it up if/where needed when doing studs and then like you say be hooked big time. there was another 04 ccsb 4x4 with us at the track the time i ran and he went 12.2 on spray with 205's and think it was 64mm or 62mm non vgt turbo.

i hear ya on the headunit. my new wiring harness will be here tomorrow and the unit has been sitting inside since last saturday haha

Old 12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Drdudsads
A little more practice should net ya a high 14 sec ran once studded though 12's or bust! Haha. I was running 13's with my cummins megacab on 35's not bad for 3k in mods. Heck I spent $4500 on a supercharger, headers, Yadda Yadda on my f150 and will only be at mid 14's. Yet doing it to help turn some 37" meats once I long travel it.

How much for injectors? Geez! Labor isn't too bad if you have a day to knock it out and don't mind getting dirty. With those miles on the truck all on gamble on parts needed freshening up, hopefully not. That's a impressive time for a 8k truck. Pulling up next to a higher end German car and waxing his a$$ is just icing on the the cake for me. Man you are making me go sign papers on a 2010 F350 and I was set on cutting up my truck too! Only took me five years to finally pull the trigger haha

Lucky duck! I hate the waiting part, yet once parts arrive I'm a happy camper and the week wait was well worth it

Old 12-29-2011, 03:19 PM

yup im amazed how easily these motors can put out power. even in stock form mostly for now its a beast and yea both mine and that truck weigh around 7200-7300lbs.

i just looked at the injectors again and the elites are around 3200 for 190cc but warrens or RCD can be had around 1500-2200 for the set after sending in my cores. RCD does have a package that looked pretty appealing. its a set of 180cc (100% nozzle) Injectors, Airdog II IDP Reg return and a 68mm Powermax for 5k or the 65mm powermax and 155cc injectors for 4100. install i have a buddy who can do all of it for pretty cheap but if i have the time i wouldnt mind doing it but its 8 yrs experience working on 6.0's at ford i can pass that up.

i consider throwing in studs heads on one at a time but it just doesnt seem worth it really since the gaskets are still original. i would like to have the ability to replace the heads when doing studs if needed so thats really what im saving for. other than that i could only see it needing a new HPOP possibly.

it got new oil cooler, egr delete, coolant filter, new turbo oil drain, new tstat, new icp sensor, upgraded FPR spring, and a new injector in september so most of the little things are done.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
ranchand or frontier rear bumper. do it

Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 PM

with my wheels and A/t street tire.....

Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 PM
lol your point? the frontier doesn't look so much like a work truck kinda bumper.
you know you want a headache rack ha
anyways its lookin good! for a 99-04/05-07/08+ F250 lol

Last edited by 97isnotold; 12-29-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 PM

haha i know. the fab4 rear bumper wouldnt look too bad. maintaining a mostly stockish look haha.

i do have a ranch hand brush guard i was gonna put on... but im selling it tonight

Quick Reply: Rear end finished