F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

gas or diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nards444
Im glad you are researching ideas and getting ideas from experienced people. A lot more than a lot of kids these days have, and you have goals, also a lot more than what most kids have.

He makes 350 which includes his taco bell, and roofing company, he is not making all that from being a CRNA. You could do the same thing, but it takes many years to gather the coin to start a franchise or a company. Dont expect to get out of college and start all those ventures right away. Chances are you will be married at some point so working 60-70hours a week and family doesnt mix. Take the numbers put out here for a good starting point. I have seen this job your are pursueing and talk to people just coming out of college. Expect to make 80-130k a year out of school. Which that is dang good boy, but its a lot different than 250k. Whatever you do not start making big financial decision until you have a sign sealed and delivered job offer. This economy is brutal, the last thing you need is to have a nice degree coming out of college, you dont have the job you expected or pay you expected and you have this 50k truck loan looming over your head. It would suck to get out with a nice degree and have a bankruptcy or a repo on your record. Just be smart and shoot for the stars, and dont cash checks you dont have.

Im not saying this job wont be there in 3 years but you dont know with this economy. As I said earlier fad jobs come and go, ask all these people with teaching degrees. And the way the government dinks with medical chit right now, you never know. Government could mandate wages or install some legislation that drives down salaries.

And biggest peice of advice I have is have a back up plan, and plan your life out at least 5 years ahead
I also asked him what he started making, he said he started at 90,000 here in Memphis, but his friend that graduated the same time he did started in Nashville started at 100,000

and i know that i cant just jump out of school and do all that he did, hes been doing this 12 years

but Im going to plan on doing this too, ha he has a different car/truck for everyday of the week

Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by BOOMER2011
I also asked him what he started making, he said he started at 90,000 here in Memphis, but his friend that graduated the same time he did started in Nashville started at 100,000

and i know that i cant just jump out of school and do all that he did, hes been doing this 12 years

but Im going to plan on doing this too, ha he has a different car/truck for everyday of the week
You are on a good path. My wife and I do well for ourselves and we are 30 years old. The paths we took I don't think will ever lend us to make 150-200k seperately a year unless we go outside of the box. But with time and experience I think with our career progression we will probably make low 100's in the next 8-10 years and on the last ten years of our working career can probably hit 120-140 a year a peice. And looking back wish I may have gone another route. But there is no get rick quick scheme that works out there. And there is something to said for time. After working close to 10 years now, I can tell you I would rather work 40-50hrs a week and make 80-100k instead of making 150-200k and work 60-70hours a week.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I hear ya

Old 01-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Also be wise on choice of women. Dont get married to quick and dont have kids with girl friends. Both things can cost you in the long run and really ruin both of your careers. Looks matter and arent everything, dont choose somebody because they have nice clothes, a nice rack, or just because they make money, factor it all in.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
LMAO hahahahaha

I hear ya man haha

Wise words

Quick Reply: gas or diesel?