F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

DPF Back Exhaust...help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPF Back Exhaust...help

So i hate the look of the ugly exhaust tip on these trucks..also i would like a little noise coming from this truck..i cant do a dpf delete because of emissions in my state and from what i hear they are cracking down on the deletes in mass..im wondering if someone can steer me in the right direction or atleast shed some light on this as this is my first diesel so im still learning stuff....thanks guys

Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Well if they are as picky on the DPF deletes as you say, then you won't be able to remove the tips which also are part of the package. The purpose is for the vents to draw in air so the 1600 deg exhaust regen doesn't burn yer leg or set a field on fire.

For mine I put on stainless MBRP tip covers when I did the delete, but kept the muffler and tips as I liked the look of the dual poker.

Adrianspeeder

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive found some guys selling there DPF systems for pretty cheap. even found one that the person had hollowed out and then put it back in line with the new exhaust so the thing could breathe. I cant remember what state they were in, but you could do that then, unplug the 3 or 4 sensors that go into it and from the DPF back run whatever you want to...mbrp, etc......

Quick Reply: DPF Back Exhaust...help