F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Time for a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08stx4x4
Blacking out chrome is going to be done on Monday afternoon. I was not happy that the dealer would not swap out the chrome bumpers before I took delivery. The only reason I have them is because I wanted cruise control. I don't know why Cruise Control is dependant on chrome bumpers but w/e.

Going to do 20% tint all around except windshield some time later in the week.
haha yeah dealerships do strange things. another alternative to painting the bumpers since most shops wont paint over chrome is getting them wrapped the color of the truck. i just ordered some wrap for the bumpers and grill surround on my f250 and plan on trying it next week. if you didn't want to try it yourself though i don't think it would be much at a shop compared to painting them.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Finally went and picked it up this morning. After about an hour of paper work it took them another 2 hours to finish the wheel/tire swapping.

Unfortunately I'm now having to buy a brand new set of lug nuts for my old F150 because the dealer who installed my aftermarket wheels apparently didn't give me the lugs back. So that's costing me about $110.

OEM Fog light kit is on order and should be here in the next couple days.

Will take more pics later. The DuraTracs make it look so much better even though they are covered in dirt.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Those things are huge arent they? I test drove one and i felt like i was on top of the world lol

Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by 02FORD4X4
Those things are huge arent they? I test drove one and i felt like i was on top of the world lol
Yea, way different than the F150. Tons of power with this one and has a turning radius similar to my OTR Tractor at work.

I took it over to the mall earlier to get some Five Guys burgers and couldn't even make the turn from one row to the next without stopping and backing up. Wound up parking out in an outer lot and had to park across 2 spaces.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Yea, way different than the F150. Tons of power with this one and has a turning radius similar to my OTR Tractor at work.

I took it over to the mall earlier to get some Five Guys burgers and couldn't even make the turn from one row to the next without stopping and backing up. Wound up parking out in an outer lot and had to park across 2 spaces.
Haha I love big trucks but damn! atleast you wont feel like youre driving a car after you switch back to this from your big truck.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM

lol yeah that's one thing i will miss from my f150. even on 41's it could turn circles around my f250

Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Finally got around to painting the wheels and bumpers with PlastiDip last night. Missed a couple spots that I'll have to touch up but other than that it was pretty simple. Almost no prep work was needed besides cleaning parts. I wound up taking the front and rear bumpers off since it was going to be much more work to try and tape/cover everything I didn't want to paint.

Luckily my Dad showed up just in time to help me with taking the bumpers off. The back was easy because it's mostly plastic except for the two side pieces. The front was a bit harder because it is kind of big and heavy.

I also had to use his garage for all the work because it's the only place I know of that I could pull the whole thing into and be on level ground.

I couldn't be any happier with the way it turned out. I have never done something like this before so I was kind of nervous when I first started. Once I got the wheels done and saw how they turned out I felt much better about my decision to paint. It makes it look so much better without the chrome. I did leave the center caps chrome since they look good and they kind of tie in with the Headlights and Ford/F-250 Emblems.

Pics:

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Looks nice... Tint?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Looks nice... Tint?
Planning on doing 20% on the sides and back in a couple weeks. Didn't have time to get it done last week while I was home.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Very slick and sharp. Tint will do that rig well too. I'd for sure want a black tool box and two black whips mounted on there.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Very slick and sharp. Tint will do that rig well too. I'd for sure want a black tool box and two black whips mounted on there.

Adrianspeeder
Tint is scheduled for next Tuesday Morning. Should hopefully be getting the OEM Fog Light kit next week as well. Going to check on that in the morning. If they still don't have it at the dealer I'll just cancel the order and have it shipped from Tasca.

I'd love the look of a toolbox painted with PlastiDip to match the bumpers/wheels and plastic, but I honestly don't have a use for one right now. A bed cover would be more useful to me. Still thinking about it. Might get both and switch to the cover when I need it.

I'm still working on how I want to do a CB. I've never had one before I got into OTR truck driving. Now that I have had one I'd really like one for long trips in the truck. I don't want to mount it on the dash because I can already tell it would cost me a window and my radio. I also don't want to go drilling holes in the bottom of the dash either and I'd like to avoid exposed wires. I might do something like get a new single DIN HU and mount the CB and HU in the stock location. Would then likely run a set of 4-5' fiberglass antennas coming up out of the stake pockets or off the side of the tool box if I go that route.

Taking last week off to enjoy the new truck meant no paycheck this week. Going to have to wait a few weeks to let the wallet fill back up before I can buy much more.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I'd love the look of a toolbox painted with PlastiDip to match the bumpers/wheels and plastic, but I honestly don't have a use for one right now. A bed cover would be more useful to me. Still thinking about it. Might get both and switch to the cover when I need it.
Or get both...

Name:  IMAG0771.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  104.5 KB

Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Or get both...

Did you just put a short bed cover on behind your toolbox or was it a cover designed to be put like that?

EDIT:

After doing 5 seconds of looking on the TruXedo site I found a form to order a Custom length cover. They will cut one to the exact length I need to fit behind a toolbox. I may go this route as long as the price isn't too ridiculous.

EDIT2:

I think the ToolBox would help make the truck look better as well since they put that big gap between the bottom of the rear glass and the top of the bed.

Last edited by 08stx4x4; 10-08-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
congrats on the new truck!

looks good so far!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by str8t six
congrats on the new truck!

looks good so far!
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Time for a new truck