F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Time for a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you really made this truck look great man, awesome stuff!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by MrEvil
Dude, the plastidip on your truck is looking mighty slick. Every bit as good looking as PTM grille and bumpers. (but without the pricetag.)
Thanks. Some day I might get either new bumpers or strip and get these plated to match the truck.

Originally Posted by TexasFrog
you really made this truck look great man, awesome stuff!
Thanks.

Got to put the 4x4 to use tonight. Took our ATVs out to the end of year party at an off road park near us. Had some fun ripping around in the mud. It rained a lot recently so it was really soupy and thick stuff. Got the ATV stuck a few times and even managed to drop my truck onto it's frame and get stuck in the parking lot. 4Lo and the Locker weren't enough. Worst part was I had to ask a couple guys in a Dodge and Chevy to pull me out. I was amazed I didn't rip the Air Dam off the bottom of the bumper. The guy yanked me really hard because he had to pull me across some 2ft deep ruts. The Brushguard save my front bumper and took the hit when I dropped into a rut and he dragged the front end right through. Hell, even while doing all that bouncing with wheels leaving the ground, I didn't spill my coffee.

Tomorrow I'm going to go rent a power washer from Home Depot and spend a few hours cleaning this stuff. I really hope it doesn't set up too hard tonight.

Also got the Line-X done last week and the Cover came in yesterday so I put it on this morning.

Got a few pics in the dark for tonight. Going to take some more tomorrow once I get to cleaning.

Name:  DSC01575.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  122.6 KB
Name:  DSC01574.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  77.9 KB
Name:  DSC01573.jpg
Size:  124.7 KB
Name:  DSC01572.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  98.0 KB

Last edited by 08stx4x4; 10-27-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Well after cleaning the mud off the truck I've found that I did rip the air dam off on the driver's side. Ripped the bolts and plastic pop rivets right out of the air dam. Not sure if I can save it yet, might just have to order a new one.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Did the mud manage to rip the air dam off? That must have been one heck of a pull.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by MrEvil
Did the mud manage to rip the air dam off? That must have been one heck of a pull.
Yea, it was some thick stuff and I was sitting on the frame. He tried going easy at first but was just spinning his tires. He just put a few feet of slack in it and then floored it until I was out. It left a mark with the same pattern as his strap in the rubber on the brush guard. Had no choice but to pull hard. Was pulling me slightly sideways and had to get over a 2ft deep and 2ft across trench in the mud. It broke because the front end slammed down and then he just pulled it over. You can see where he pulled the front through the mud because it scooped it into the bumper next to my front plate.

I'm going to go get a washer in the morning and try to reattach it. I only pulled the outer most bolt out and one of the plastic retainers pulled through.

It's about $100 to buy a new one so I'll just fix this one for now. I'm sure it's not the last time it will get broken. It's the only thing that hangs below the brush guard and it's also the flimsiest part of the front end. I'd get rid of it, but with the way the brush guard mounts it looks odd to me without it.

Also, even while sliding through mud and rocks, it didn't damage the plastidip. Also didn't leave any marks once cleaned using a 2000psi pressure washer.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Some updates since I last posted. I have since added a Cobra 75 WX ST with 2 Firestik 4 ft antennas. Also added the WeatherTech window visors and bug guard.

Took a couple pics today after getting all the salt washed off.

Name:  2013-01-14162643-1_zpse515db41.jpg
Size:  135.8 KB
Name:  2013-01-14162657_zpscce18a70.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  162.3 KB

Quick Reply: Time for a new truck