F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

1000 miles, first problem (brakes)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 1000 miles, first problem (brakes)

The first problem I've encountered with my new S.D. I noticed today. Under hard braking it pulls to the right bad enough to almost take the wheel out of your hands. Took it to the dealer and he said it could be the pads, caliper, sliders, or any number of items. Has anyone experienced this before? Until I can get in for my appointment I'll just have to brake lightly and coast to stop signs more. Also just filled up the tank again. The last tank I yielded 16.6. This one I got 16.4, there was more city driving with this tank though.

Old 08-31-2001, 01:18 PM
Arrow

I've heard of it, never experienced it though. Go over to the diesel board and research this, also check the archived sections. www.ford-diesel.com I've not done any extensive reading on this simply due to not having it happen to me. So I don't know if there's a fix other than trying not to jam on the brakes to much. I've heard that hitting the brakes really hard and trying to turn is extreamly difficult. Your gas milage sounds pretty good. Do work up a signature so I can remember your truck. (memory isn't like it used to be ) Just looked back at your post and realized that the sig doesn't show when we're posting a reply. I've got worse short term memory than I thought I had

Last edited by Tina; 08-31-2001 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2001, 05:03 PM
I managed to make it to 12K miles before having problems with my brakes. Same problem as you, except it pulled to the left. New rotors, and pads under warranty. The A/C had also gone out, so that had to be fixed as well.

HO

Quick Reply: 1000 miles, first problem (brakes)