F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Cruise surging

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise surging

I have had my new Super Duty for about 2 months now and from day one the cruise has surged. Most noticeably when going down hill. It will let off then correct by giving to much gas. This morning I noticed it very slightly with light wind, about 5mph, and the cruise at 58mph. I have searched here and ford-deisel and have not found anyone that has had this problem fixed. I would take it to the dealer but I’m sure they will say it is normal. Or they will reprogram my computer. The last time they did that on my F150 I hated the way it shifted. Any one had this fixed???
P.S. -also posting in the engine section. Thanks

Old 09-21-2001, 08:23 AM
I have the same power train that you have and have never had this problem - I drove the truck from Mass. to South Carolina (and back) and spent most of the time under cruise. This would seem to be something that the dealer should be able to fix - either a problem with the cruise servo, a binding cable or a speed sensor. Assuming everthing else is working OK - you don't notice any surging ANY other time...?

Old 09-21-2001, 10:53 AM
Dtyo, I only experience the surging while it's on cruise. And it is usually worse at higher speeds, like 65-75 mph. I thought I'd talk to the dealer to see if they have an idea. Maybe this evening I’ll check out the linkage and check the connections.

Old 09-21-2001, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Bob's F150
I only experience the surging while it's on cruise. And it is usually worse at higher speeds, like 65-75 mph.
There have been a couple of us that found that right at 70mph the surge is the worst. Changing RPMs (OD on/off) does not affect the surge. So far, I know of no one that has gotten it fixed.

Quick Reply: Cruise surging