F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Spray In vs. Drop In

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spray In vs. Drop In

Okay, I know that I am going to start all types of debate but I need some honest opinions about bedliners. My new baby will be here in about 8 weeks (I know that I must be obsessive compulsive to be thinking about this stuff already) so I am doing a ton of research now.

Anyhow, I am leaning towards the spray-in, does anyone know anything about Perma-Tech liners? How about Line-X? Everything I have heard about Line-x is good so that is my first choice at this time. Should I be considering the drop-in liners? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Old 12-13-2001, 05:09 PM
I would go with the spray on. I have have only seen Rhino, and LIne-x. I liked the line-x in my old truck. Drop ins are ok, but when you take them out, the pickup bed usually is nasty, and it is very common to see rust spots in various areas.

Old 12-13-2001, 05:52 PM
Arrow Stick with your gut...

I've seen them both with real comparisons...Line-X hands down. You would probably get a better debate over here --> F150online - Bedliners

G'Luck

Old 12-22-2001, 08:44 PM
Thumbs up DROP IN OR SPRAY IN

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH A DROP IN THEY HOLD WATER SCRATCH THE BED WHICH RUSTS THE BED IN TIME.I HAVE LINE X LINER IT LOOKS GREAT THINGS DO NOT SLIDE AROUND THE BED. IF COST IS NOT AN ISSUE LINE X ($325.00 IN ATLANTA)

2001 SCREW LARIAT 5.4
LINE X LINER
ROLL AND LOCK COVER
K&N FILTER
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY 265/70R17 (BEST TIRES ON THE MARKET)
MORE OPTIONS TO FOLLOW

Last edited by shawnp582; 12-22-2001 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:58 AM
Definetly stay away from the drop ins for the above reasons.

I just got my truck about two weeks ago and I put a bedrug in it. I have had 4 bedrugs and this one is the best. It fits perfect and looks great. I have the shadow grey truck, so the charcoal color bedrug matches perfect.

Anyway I looked at spray ins. My problem was letting someone sand my bed down on my brand new truck.

I would say it depends on what you will use the truck for. My business has an old work truck, so if I have to haul gravel or dirt or a lot of stuff like that, then I just use the old truck. My truck is a daily driver and is for personal use, and towing atv's and a camper in the future.

If you are using the truck for severe duty, by all means go with the spray in liner, it will serve you well and they do look good, if done properly.

If you won't be using the bed for severe stuff, then I would do a bedrug in a heartbeat. The bedrug can also take the punishment and just be hosed out. Some people have said, you can't use that bed with carpet in it, but I say what would you like to put in it and lets do it.

Again I have had 4 of these and have put pretty much everything possible on one or in one and just hosed it out when done.

Thats my .50 cents worth. If I had a digital camera, I would post a pic for you.

Paul

Old 12-24-2001, 01:19 AM
Line-X can't be beat

Old 12-24-2001, 02:03 PM
I've got the BedRug and love it, but I'm not using it as real work truck.

For proper truck use go with the spary in. I'd never use a drop in they trap mosture and rust the body.

Quick Reply: Spray In vs. Drop In