F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2002 F250 Super Duty SC Lariat V10 is in.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2002 F250 Super Duty SC Lariat V10 is in.

It is finally here. the Super Duty V10 is in and will be ready for me at 10 a.m. tommorrow morning. I have not been this excited about getting a new truck in quite a few years. I know that this F250 Super Duty V10 will be a great truck and welcome addition to the family. I hope to get some photos to post here in the next week or so. I already have a Bedrug and Extang tonno cover to install this weekend. thankfully I will be off from work this week for a little play time. Hope everyone has a good new year. thanks 95rcobra.

Old 12-29-2001, 02:56 AM
Enjoy your new truck is it a 4x4? color? options? looking forward to the pic's

Old 12-29-2001, 08:02 AM
Thumbs up

Hey kcsd250, I forgot to give some details of my new SD in the 1st post. its a 4x4 w/auto trans and V10 of course that is white with the arizona beige two tone accent. the Lariat package which carries alot of standard features. leather interior with captain chairs and center console. elec. shift on the fly. Lt265 tires, roof clearance lights and chrome tubular cab steps. I am picking it up in about 2 hours and cannot wait to see it for the first time. Damn I luv FORD trucks. thanks for asking. later 95rcobra.

Old 12-29-2001, 04:53 PM
Talking

Sounds awesome really want to see this Super Ford, shift on the fly nice, jumping out getting tireing. I'm putting 265's on mine soon you can see pic's of mine on homepage

Enjoy Kc

Last edited by kcsd250; 12-29-2001 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 08:18 AM
Thumbs up

Hey KC, Nice shots of your truck on the homepage. who makes the grill that you put on in front. that will be one of my mods on the SD. just not sure which grill I will put on there. I picked up the truck yesterday and it is even better than I had expected. this truck is incredible. the ride is super and the V10 has the get up and go plus it runs real smooth. I just came from owning a 2000L so it will be different getting used to the less power and handling. But in every other way I like this SD better than the L. just sitting parked it has a great look with the color combo and the stance of the truck. everybody at my dealer could not get over how sharp this truck looks. glad I went with the white/beige combo. the Quality of the paint, fit and finish are excellent for a pickup truck. no noticeable defects anywhere in the paint. I could not say that for my 2000 lightning. Great job Ford. I am sure that I will have many years of fun and smiles with this SD. I need to get my friend over to take some digital shots of the rig this week coming up. I will try to post soon. thanks and have a happy new year. 95rcobra.

Old 12-30-2001, 10:27 AM
Man! Hearing you talk about yours makes me so anxious for mine to come in! I ordered the same truck as you except I am getting the Arizona Beige/Black color. Only 6-7 more weeks!

Old 12-30-2001, 10:54 AM
Congrats on the new truck. I know the feeling coming from the L. I just traded my L for my new 2002 F250 CC V10 4X4 about 3 weeks ago.

It was kind of sad, but when I pulled the chip and filter and put the L back to stock it was not as impressive. I really needed the extra room the crew cab offers and I haul atv's around atleast 8 months out of the year and while the L would pull it fine, the suspension would sag pretty bad when fully loaded and sometimes would bottom on bumps.

I don't regret getting the new truck one bit. I loved the L, but it just did not fit my needs anymore. Eventually I will have another sports car or truck,but for now the SD does what I need and more.

I like the color combo you are getting, my dealer had one with that combo, but I really like the dark grey. Mine is the shadow grey with the black two tone. I love the combo and it looks really sharp.

I too love the V10, it runs great. I do not plan on modding this truck for a while. I did put in a bedrug and some catch all floor mats but that will be it for a while.

Again congrats.

Paul

P.S. do you ever visit this site? www.ford-truck.com There is a real good superduty forum there. I also sometimes visit the Ford-diesel site. They have a gasser page for us.

Old 12-30-2001, 02:14 PM
Paul, thanks for the advice. I check out the www.ford-truck.com site regularly but I haven't been on the diesel page. I'll check it out. Only seven more weeks!

dusty

Old 12-30-2001, 04:41 PM
My grill is a cover called a cold front. Mine is made by Cloud Rider
http://www.cloud-rider.com/
another brand is Lund
http://www.lundproducts.com/indexLUND.cfm
I use the Cold Front in the winter to help the engine warm up faster & maintian proper operating temp (It can get cold in Alberta) I have a few other photos here
http://www.f150world.com/mygallery.asp?id=1530
when it warms up I going to get a screen type

Old 12-30-2001, 09:40 PM
Thanks Guys, There really is not too many bad color combo's on the Super Duties. the only thing that I dont like from Ford is that you can only get the Ariz.beige two tone color on the Lariat model and silver only on the XLT models. I got the white because I like how my 95R looks in white and it will compliment the SD when I tow it around to road courses in my area. I have been on the Ford truck site alot lately but have not registered yet. I see alot of good posts going on there and I will join shortly.

KC, thanks for the info on the grills. not sure what I will end up with.

Dustyhol, when did you order your SD. I ordered mine on nov.14 and it was built on the 16th of Dec and delivered to my dealer on dec.27th. It is well worth the wait because these SD's are awesome trucks.

Pgio, I feel the same way you did about giving up the L for the new F250 SD. I can do alot more practical things with the SD. good luck with the new truck it sounds real nice.

Thanks again everyone. 95rcobra.
1995 Cobra R model #185.

Old 12-30-2001, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone, For any of you that have installed Bedrugs in your SD's what is the deal with this. it tells me in the instructions that I cannot install the velcro strips on the truck bed unless the bed is 65 degrees or warmer. where I live it has not gotten out of the 20's during the day or 10's at night. I guess that I am not going to install this Bedrug in my garage until Springtime. that really sucks. Hopefully I will not have the same problem with the Extang tonno cover. thanks 95rcobra.

1995 Cobra R model #185.

Old 12-31-2001, 07:10 AM
95rCobra,

I ordered mine on December 13, as of yet I don't have a build date from the dealer. The sales rep and their manager were off last week for the holidays but I am going to start calling every day until I get some info! They told me that at the most it would be 10 weeks. We'll see. Thanks.

dusty

Old 12-31-2001, 11:39 AM
95rcobra,

I read that when I got my bedrug and did the same thing. Well, I borrowed my folks garage that has a heater and parked the truck in there for a couple of hours with the heat up. The truck would barely fit in the garage. I had to have the tailgate up in order to close the garage door.

Well, anyway I did the install in their garage and everything went fine. I am glad I used their garage as it is just too cold out side to do much of anything.

I think the reason for the temp requirement is so that the adhesive will stick. My truck was only in the garage for the install and then immediately taken outside and I have not had a problem.

So, I would see if you could find a friend or relative with a heated garage to do the install.

Paul

Old 12-31-2001, 01:09 PM
Paul,
That looks like my only option right now. I am hoping that my friend Pat over at Level 10 will let me use one of his bays to get this done. thanks.

Dusty,
I just remembered why it was taking a little longer to get your ordered SD. the plant that makes the SD's shuts down for two weeks that started on dec.21st. so they will not go back into production unitl after the new year. that is why they are telling you 10 weeks. it will probably be faster than that but it will be well worth the wait. good luck.

Steve C.
1995 Cobra R model #185.

Old 12-31-2001, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats on your new truck I know you will enjoy driving it for many years to come.

Quick Reply: 2002 F250 Super Duty SC Lariat V10 is in.