F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Noisey, rattling doors, F250SD Supercab

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Noisey, rattling doors, F250SD Supercab

Driving over uneven surfaces, like offroad and also on some streets, I have noisey doors on this supercab. At highway speed there is no sound, not even wind noise. Sometimes it sounds like a rubber noise and sometimes it sounds like the door is going to fall off. Both front doors make noise, but then maybe it is coming from rear doors, can't tell. Ford technicians are puzzled. It can be especially bad when it is below freezing or when it is hot. Have tried silicone, but seems to quiet things for a few days only. Any suggestions?

Old 02-20-2002, 05:13 AM
I have an x-cab and you have to slam these doors tight!!!!

The first time the dealer showed me, I almost thought he broke the window!!!

What I do is hold the door above the handle and slam it hard while holding it.

They will rattle if you dont do this and even some after doing this...

Old 02-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Man Ive never had a rattle in my truck from the doors and I definatley dont slam them

Old 02-20-2002, 02:31 PM
I'm with Swofford on this one
I definatley don't slam my doors on the truck
and there's no rattle in mine

Old 02-20-2002, 06:14 PM
My 2002 F-250 Supercab has the rattle too, on the drivers side door when hitting the bumps. I know another friend with a 2002 that has the same problem. Mine started about a month after I bought the truck. It seems that once the rubber trim started to break in a little, the rattle started. I don't get the ratlle on the passenger side and that door hardly gets used......Hmmmm......
In my humble opinion, I think it might have something to do with that soft rubber trim. I also notice that I don't have to close my door very hard to get it to shut tight- nothing compared to my old 99' F-150 ( I know, different door altogether) but still.....Hmmmmm
.....that soft rubber door trim..................?

Old 02-23-2002, 09:55 PM
I dunno what that could be. My 01 has no rattles at all and the doors shut with little effort at all. My 02 doesnt have any rattles either but is still very new. Kinda interesting though to see if its a common problem or not......

Old 02-23-2002, 10:15 PM
Question Have you guys complained to Ford?

Thanks for the replys.
Since all of our vehicles are still under warranty, have you reported it to your dealer? I have had mine in several times, but nothing good so far. Now they are going to put new rubber seals around the doors. Today I noticed that the solid bar latch on the front of the rear door that holds the front door shut can be moved. It is bolted tight, but whatever it is bolted too is weak and the metal flexes. Have you guys noticed this? I would be interested if those that don't have door rattle problems, can check their latches. Got to go.

Old 02-25-2002, 05:20 AM
The 3rd and 4th door will close with little effort....But they will rattle and creak...Shut them tight and they will not make noise...Hey I did not believe it until I was shown!!!!Have talked to other people that known the secret and they say the same thing...

Old 02-25-2002, 05:22 AM
I am speaking of the extended cab with the small suicide door...

Quick Reply: Noisey, rattling doors, F250SD Supercab