F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

New Superchips product for Powerstroke Diesels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
New Superchips product for Powerstroke Diesels!

To All:

Superchips has recently released the Micro Tuner for the Ford Powerstroke diesel.

This unit takes only 6 minutes to upload your choice of either the emissions certified program that adds 60 HP & 115 lbs./ft. of torque, or the Off Road program that adds 80 HP & 150+ lbs./ft. of torque.

You do not need to know the computer code of your vehicle, this unit is fully automated in that respect, When connected to the OBD-II port under the dash, it will "read" the factory software revision in the ECU of each vheicle, store that factory program in the Micro Tuner, and then automatically upload the correct code-matched Superchips performance program. You can change back and forth between stock or either of the 2 performance programs at any time, in about 6 minutes.

It is ordered and installed "generically," but inside it's still the same Superchips trademark code-specific tuning, and this is possible thanks to Superchips' revolutionary "MAX" technology.

The Superchips Micro Tuner will tune any Powerstroke diesel, from the earliest models right up to the new 2002 PSD's, whether it's in an Excursion, F-250, F-350, etc. It produces the largest possible power gains at the lowest EGT's (exhaust gas temperatures).

For details, please contact us, our contact info is below.

To place an order for the Superchips Micro Tuner for the Ford Powerstroke Diesel, you can either give us a call, or you can just use our online ordering system, and the link ot take you there is also below, in our signature line.

Old 02-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mike,
I just wanted to know if the F-150 online members would get a discount if we purchased the diesel superchip online?? I'm very interested in purchasing a superchip for my 2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke with auto trans. but, I need to wait until the begining of April if possible due to seasonal business. Thanks. Bugman.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Thumbs up

A word of warning about the SCMT Bugman.

If given the chance, DO NOT borrow one just to see if you like it and then think you can return it to your friend and wait until April to get your own. I'd hate to see a friendship ruined!

But seriously, you'll love it. It totally changes your truck for the better. And the best part is that it's safe. I took my truck out and got it warmed up and then made a run stock, then recorded the numbers. I then installed the 60 hp program in a parking lot. I then duplicated the run with the 60 hp program.

Stock at WOT:
EGT: 1,100 deg
Boost: 16 psi

With the 60 hp program & WOT:
EGT: 1,250 deg up hill. About 1,150 degress on flat road.
Boost: 22 psi

Pulling 9,000 lb 5er the highest I saw was 1,100 deg on a very steep incline.

Now for the "seat of the pants" stats:
The turbo lag is all but gone.
Passing power is way up with just a touch of the go peddle.
NO SMOKE from the exhaust.
Really takes off easier pulling my camper. The truck is in zero bind. Just goes and goes.

The above numbers are with a stock intake and stock exhaust. As you can see, the numbers are safe. The max you should see pre turbo is between 1,250 and 1,300 degrees. Anything over that and you can start causing damage. I haven't tried the 80 hp setting yet but those that have say it really rocks. My 4" turbo back exhaust came in today. After I install it I plan of trying the 80 hp mode.

As for installation, it comes with instructions but you really don't need them. The programer talks you through it. It couldn't be easier. And if you want to take the truck in for service, just re-load you stock program and your good to go. No more having to worry about them re-flashing your computer. The micro tuner will still work as long as you re-loaded your stock program into the truck first.

Bang for the buck wise, it is really hard to beat!

Old 03-01-2002, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Bugman,

No problem, the Micro Tuner will be availalbe whenever you're ready for it, and yes, we do offer large discounts for our F-150 Online friends, of course!

All you need do is to click on the link just below in our signature line that takes you to our online ordering system, and you can see the discounted price for the Superchips Micro Tuner for the Powerstroke Diesel right there.

Good luck!

Old 03-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Mike,
Does it effect the fuel mileage? At the present time, I'm getting approx. 18 to 20 miles per gallon. Please let me know. Thanks. Bugman.

Old 03-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Superchips Micro Tuner

Mike,
If the tire size is changed can the micro tuner re-calibrate all that is necessary? I would like to go up a size or two......let me know.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old 03-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Bugman,

Most people see a small improvement in mileage from the Superchips tuning. That happens generally when the engine is under a load, such as when towing, or when driving empty, at freeway speeds, where there is enough aero drag to put some load on the motor. Some people have seen gains of as much as 5 mpg cruising empty at 80 mph, when towing it's more like 2-3 mpg gain over what you would get towing on the factory program.

The mpg gains are merely a by-product of the Superchips tuning, rather than something that was deliberately done for that specific purpose. There really isn't any such thing as a "fuel economy chip," per se, but it's a nice by-product to enjoy, to be sure.

To jkacker:

No, it does not have the ability to change tire sizes, as we have had very little demand for that in the PSD's over the years, unlike some other vehecles like the F-150's, for example. We do have a separate solution available for that, however.

Old 03-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey, Mike. I noticed you also sell the Diablo desiel chip. I know the Superchip with the 2 programs is the better value, but I am curious about the quality of the Diablo chip.

Old 04-01-2002, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Mondo1,

Sorry, I haven't been to this section in a little while!

We are no longer carrying Diablo. To answer your question, we saw larger power gains with lower EGT's with the Superchip tuning, as well as 50-state emissions certification.

A number of people have used the Diablo diesel chip and have liked it, so you'd probably be happy with it.

We prefer the Superchip tuning as they've been tuning them longer, and are getting a better result, cleaner emissions, no black smoke from the exhaust & lower EGT's (exhaust gas temperatures).

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 04-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Can the same tuner be used for two different PSDs

Old 04-18-2002, 12:44 AM
I'd like to know that too.

Old 04-18-2002, 03:55 AM
Does Superchips have a custom program to accomodate high power applications? If so in the 500 to 600+HP range? Thanks,JIM

Last edited by TWISTED METAL; 04-18-2002 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 01:59 PM
TWISTED METAL: Wow... you got a picture of your rig?

Old 04-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Everyone,

Just to answer a couple of recent questions............

1.) The Micro Tuner will tune 1 vehicle at a time, as it has to store the vehicle's stock factory program so it can return the vehicle back to stock. If you restore your PSD to it's factory program, *then* the Micro Tuner can be used to program another vehicle.

2.) To answer Twisted Metal's question, yes, we do offer custom tuning and can handle extreme high-power applications. Just give us a call & we'll go over exactly what you're doing & how we can take care of your needs.

Have a great weekend!

Old 05-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Cool

Mike,
I have a superchip on my F150 and am toying with the idea of getting a F250 Powerstroke. I was wondering if I can exchange my old superchip for one for the powerstroke.
Dennis

Quick Reply: New Superchips product for Powerstroke Diesels!