F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

but those aren't my highbeams!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but those aren't my highbeams!

How many here keep getting poeple ahead of you at a stop at night who think you're highbeams are on when they are not? It gets a little out of hand sometimes when another driver becomes aggrevated. This one lady started yelling in her car and covered her rearview mirror with her hand while driving until she finally just pulled over and flipped me off before disappearing. I try just flicking my lights to let them see the difference, but nothing seems to work.

I know it really doesn't matter but I get really angry at those jerks who drive down the road with their highbeams on and I don't want others getting the idea that I'm one of those jerks.

One time, this lady pulls up to a 4-way intersection right before I do opposite of me. Well she thought my highbeams were on and she threw hers on. But I had KC Daylighters on my front bumper at the time so I let her have it. The KC's and my highbeams together lit up the inside of her car like the sun. Needless to say, she immediately turned off her highs and took off.

Just wanted to see if I was the only one out there having this situation or if other truck owners are dealing with this, too

Old 03-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Happens to me all the time. I think its because we sit so much higher than most vehicles your lights are right on eye level. I get flashed every night on rural highways but Like you I can light up my Warn bumper and high beams and make them think aliens done landed.

Old 03-27-2002, 10:51 AM
Banned For Violation of ***** Rules
if you had your KC's on then they are definately brighter than your low beams...they just dont look it from the cab since they are not concentrated on a particular area like the headlights

Old 03-27-2002, 12:01 PM
hasen't happened to me yet. But i don't have an SD either. I can't wait till it does though. They're gonna get it good

Old 03-27-2002, 11:29 PM
I do all the time even in my Expy when both driving and headlights are on. All I can do is flick the highs to let them know I don't have highs on.

Old 03-28-2002, 02:17 PM
Happens to me all the time...

Yep, I get this all the time, especially when I pull up behind some of these vehicles that drag the ground. To be honest though, I can see where they are coming from because I was in my wife's car the other evening (one of the aforementioned ground draggers), and a SD pulled up behind me. His lights were just perfect to blind me. [Gotta admit though it is kinda funny when you pull up behind someone in a less than desirable part of town and they start scrambling because they think it is the law! ]

Old 03-29-2002, 05:53 PM
my friend had that happen to him one night. pulled up behind a guy in a civic and he had his lows on. so when the light turned green the guy went through the intersection slammed on the brakes got out and started cussin him out about his "high beams" hes like ok man whatever you say and then he noticed his family was in the civic with him so he let the guy get back in and my friend then proceed to let him hear his exhaust note and let him smell some burnt rubber. ohh yeah...he has a ford ranger

Old 04-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Angry Be happy

Must say, "be happy". The '02's new "jewel effect" lights completely SUCK! F*rd must've bent under pressure from the AARP. I couldn't get anyone to flash me, adjust mirrors, honk, yell, fart ... anything WITH MY HIGHBEAMS ON!!!. I am completely disappointed. I'm going to re-aim them so I have the same problem as you.

Besides the "flashing" ... these are not good lights. They look cool from the outside, but using them are terrible at night. I have to run high-beams just to get a decent look at the road.

Before you say...awww... you're just not used to the night: I work at night driving at least 150miles in a 10hr shift. I know the value of good night driving and how the headlights affect that driving.

Old 04-12-2002, 10:54 PM
Ive noticed the ones on my 02 dont have the power my 01 has as well, but they do look cool in the day.

Old 04-13-2002, 01:34 PM
And why do motorcycles always seem to have their high beams on?

Old 04-13-2002, 03:36 PM
I was stopped by the LAW several times for haveing High beams on, When I showed them that it was the low beams, they told me to get the lights ajusted..Well after being stopped several more times, I put smoke covers on them, Thought this would do the trick. Two PM on a bright sunney day. I get a $175.00 Ticket for
illleagal head light covers. Went to court, had to fight this. Well
after telling the judge my story, Not only did it cost me the $175.00, but $65.00 more for court cost. So what do you do?

Old 04-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey Murfster!
I'll trade you my 1999 headlights for your 2002 headlights! Even swap!

-Chris

Old 04-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Never had the people getting mad at me for the headlights problem...UNTIL...i installed my Sylvania SilverStar bulbs and upgraded my fogs to 9005's, that really makes people mad! see pics in my gallery for comparisons from stock to the new bulbs, i love 'em.

Old 04-17-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by chaydu
Hey Murfster!
I'll trade you my 1999 headlights for your 2002 headlights! Even swap!

-Chris
Yea, in your dreams!! Just like Swofford said, they look cool during the day. Tell 'ya what, if I run into any '02 SD's (or some earlier Excursion) that have been wrecked, I'll remember you.

Old 04-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Thanks Murfster!
Guess it was worth a try.

Does anyone know offhand what the new headlights would cost if bought from the dealership? They can not be cheap.

Quick Reply: but those aren't my highbeams!