F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

X-plan

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question X-plan

What is this "X-plan" I here you guys talk about?????

Old 05-06-2002, 11:56 AM
X-Plan (Ford Partners Program or Family and Friends Program) is a no-haggle price set by Ford for employees of certain companies, members of certain organizations and friends and relatives of Ford employees. It requires a PIN# issued by Ford to get the price.

What it is is A-Plan (Ford employee price) plus 4% and since May 1st another $150. All vehicles invoiced after May 1st will have the X-Plan price clealy printed on the invoice (like A-Plan is now). The dealer is also required to give you all consumer AND dealer rebates. Any additional fees (like set-up fees) are prohibited.

Dealers are not required to sell vehicles on X-Plan or A-Plan, so if the vehicle is a high demand unit a dealer can refuse to honor the plan price.

Old 05-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey Marty

Where did you get the post-May 1 $150 price hike on X-Plan? I have heard that a couple of places, but haven't seen anything official about it. Also, I was unaware of the requirement that the selling dealer giving you dealer rebates. Excuse my ignorance, but how do you find out what dealer rebates are available (assuming that these are something other than the standard Ford offers)? And what about dealer holdback? Where does this fit in the mix? Thanks for the info!

Old 05-06-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation

Doesn't look like I'll be using the X-plan 'cause I don't have the right connections. Oh well, guess i'll just have to do it the old fashion way........WORK FOR IT!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN

Old 05-06-2002, 08:00 PM
We got notification from Ford within the past month that there would be a change in X-Plan. We used to have to calculate X-Plan from the A-Plan box. Now it will be printed in a box right below the A-Plan price on the invoice.

The dealer is required by Ford to give all rebates to the A/Z/D/X plan buyer. It is part of the franchise agreement. Ask to see the VINCENT and you will see exactly what the rebates. You might need to wade through a lot of programs though and check all the compatibilities. An honest dealer will simply tell you what is available.

Old 05-06-2002, 09:22 PM
OK great - now what does VINCENT stand for?

Old 05-07-2002, 10:33 AM
VIN Specific Eligibilty for Incentives. It is a printout your dealer will pull off FDealer (Ford's delaer website) with your Vin number and your Zip code that tells exactly what rebates and programs are available on your vehicle in your location. If you have questions about program compatibility the dealer can pull up individual program descriptions and there is a matrix on the bottom that lists which programs match up (ex. you can't take a Customer Cash program and Special Rate Financing beacause they are not compatible programs).

Old 05-07-2002, 11:24 AM
Thanks Marty! Hey - you wanna just come buy this for me??

Forgot to ask: Are incentives determined by the Zip code where I live, or by the Zip code where I buy the truck? In other words, if I go out of state to make a purchase, will I get the incentives that are available in that area, or only what is available in my area??

Last edited by JDMnAR; 05-07-2002 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:23 PM
Incentives are determined by the zip-code in which you live, or more precisely the address where the vehicle will be titled. A vague but important distinction

I lurk around here and a couple of the other sites. If you have any more questions or need help, let me know.

Old 05-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Who's elegible for the "z" and "d" plans?

Old 05-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Z-Plan is for Ford retirees.

D-Plan is for employees of Blue Oval certified Ford dealerships.

Old 05-21-2002, 04:28 AM
I just purchased a '02 F150 4x4 with the X-plan and received an additional $750 rebate in addition to the standard $2500 rebate being offerred. I didn't even know about the $750 until they sat down with the numbers. Very nice incentive not to mention not having to haggle!

Old 05-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Ya, thye do additional incentive's for "plan" progrmas somtimes. I wish there was somewhaer I could easily find what additional incentives are out there. I'm lucky to get to buy on the "A" Plan.

Quick Reply: X-plan