F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

My new baby!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My new baby!

Well, here's my new truck (pic should also be in sig). Just got it yesterday. It's the perfect combination of everything I wanted. However, I am slightly regretting the long wheel base, as it won't fit in my garage (by six inches). So it has to stay outside and right now it's too pretty to do that . My wife loves it (says she loves the smell of diesel fuel) and was very glad we got it. Not going to do much to it as I'm going to get a project mustang to build up and tow to races and such (I traded a 99 cobra for this truck).

Old 05-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice! I think you'll get used to the wheelbase & find that, even though it won't fit into the garage or any "normal" parking space, having that extra room is sure handy.

Old 05-23-2002, 08:40 AM
Good looking truck Nightfall - I know you are loving it! One question - are the nerf bars factory, or did you add them? If not factory, what brand are they?

Old 05-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Factory: Here's what's weird. They are a $445 option on the XLT package (they were already on the truck when I bought it) or a $75 option on the Lariat package. Isn't that strange????

I wanted the XLT package because my dog hates leather seats (learned this in the cobra) AND because Ford leather=worst leather ever (with the exception of the HD and the KR). This truck actually was slightly more expensive than an almost identical Lariat 350 they had on the lot because of the power seats and the nerf bar price difference.

Now if I could just get on ford-diesel.com I would be a happy camper. Registered there and emailed some moderators and no luck getting on the board yet.

Old 05-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I noticed that option price difference in my shopping as well. Think it is because the Lariat comes standard with black step bars, if my memory serves me correctly, while the XLT doesn't come with anything. I also noticed in the literally hundreds of trucks that I looked at stickers for online that option pricing varied among trucks (I assume depending on build date). As an example, my truck showed a $300 cost for the 3.73 LS, but some I looked at had it listed as a $285 option.

Old 05-23-2002, 10:34 AM
I noticed the option price variation as well. The privacy glass was 110 on my truck and 100 on every other truck on the lot. I think the LS was more expensive as well. In any case, when you're buying a 40k truck, 10 bucks here and there doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:16 PM
Good Looking truck! Congrats!!

I noticed that we live in the same neck o' the woods too!

Old 05-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Thats a great looking truck I hope you have fun with many years to come.

Old 05-23-2002, 11:22 PM
All: Thanks for the compliments

All Motor: ....nice truck there...I really like the grill. Whereabouts in MO are you?

Old 05-24-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Nightfall
All: Thanks for the compliments

All Motor: ....nice truck there...I really like the grill. Whereabouts in MO are you?
I work in a little shop in Claycomo all right, a big freakin' factory!

I live in KC, but am moving to Liberty by the end of summer...

I like the grill but it was a PITA to install. I've got the Ram Air hood on now (for fitment). Can't wait til it's painted.

Quick Reply: My new baby!