F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

how to do a lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to do a lift

Was wondering about some opnions on lift since my truck seems to sit a little lower than I would like. It's got the )ff Road group and it seems to be leveled but it seems to be sitting low. Almost is if the front wasn't lifted but the back lowered to level it.

Any hoot, what do you guys recomend for a lift. Can I actually go with 2'' blocks and new bolts for the front and rear? I imagine I would have to bet new shocks though since it would lift. Anyone even tell me if this is possible.

Thanks guys (and gals too)

Old 07-30-2002, 05:41 AM
lift blocks

lift blocks are a big no no on front axles, something about a safety issue........

Anyway, how tall did you wan to go?You can keep the stock shock for any lift under 2" inches is what I have heard.I do't know why you would want to, the stock ones are junk.
August 10th, I am ordering up some new shackles (warrior shackles) and they will lift the front up 1.5 inches.It will bring the truck to almost level.After that I am gonna put on some goodyear mtrs in a 305/70/17(34x12.50) size.They should fit ( I hope) without any rubbing.If they do then I am just gonna add a leaf up front (they are suppsed to give 1.5-2" inches of lift) and possibly the back,depending if the nose is sticking up in the air after the new leafs are added.
For some real good info go over to the forums at www.Ford-diesel.com

Old 07-30-2002, 09:56 PM
re: super duty lift

Thanks for the info lightning, I just found out about the front block deal an hour before i read your post. Could of saved me time and gas but i was to lazy to log on and see. Well I hope your lift goes as well as I plan mine to go. These rigs should come standard with a 6'' lift I think. That would save us alot of trouble.

Maybe we should all rbel against Ford and take over the production line!

Quick Reply: how to do a lift