F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Kids in crew?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kids in crew?

I was wondering if you can fit three car seats in a row in one of those screws? I have a '02 f150 screw King Ranch that only has two seats in the back and I will be needing to fit three in the back and need to know....can it be done?
thanks for any input and/or suggestions,
sarah

Old 08-07-2002, 01:44 PM
I haven't tried, but would think that it would work (unless you have some oversized car seat). I can give you exact door to door interior measurements of the back seat when I get home tonight if that would help. Worst case, take 3 car seats up to the dealer for your test drive!

PS - it is only a "screw" in the F150 line, crew cab in the SD line. Semantics, I know - but they seem to make the world go 'round!

Old 08-07-2002, 02:24 PM
now that isn't a bad idea...gotta go pick up my truck tonight I think I might just have to test drive a sd "crew cab".......and yes semantics do make the world go round.....bring us all to a grinding hault.

Old 08-07-2002, 06:35 PM
If my measurement was anywhere near accurate (and sometimes it is good to doubt me ), it is just a little over 5' wide inside the back seat.

Old 08-08-2002, 09:24 AM
well, didn't get a chance to test drive a SD last night, but today I looked out my office window and saw a guy getting out of a black SD so I bulted out there to ask if I could check out his back seat....he paused for a second smiled and said "yeah sure I guess" he opened the back door and said " hop up" anyways I ran back over to my truck grabbed two car seats out and put them in his truck.....I think he was a bit puzzled, but was kind enough to help me. and sure enough there is plenty of room for a third one. hehehe now I just have to waite for the King Ranch SD to come out and it will be all mine. thanks for the help! And to the stranger acrossed the street who I never got a name from, but drove a really sweeeet black SD.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:43 AM
hehe - yeah most of us SD drivers are pretty friendly, helpful types . I know you will love it once you get yours, but be warned, it rides a little more like a truck than your S'Crew

Quick Reply: Kids in crew?