F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

5.4 vs. PSD

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because the dealer puts your VIN in the computer, DOESN"T mean that your Waranty is Voided...Again I state it is up to the individual dealer to refuse to work on it...I know a chip friendly dealer who has no problem working on rodded or moded PSD's..

You say you had all kinds of problems with yours and name the rotor warpage as a problem..Rotor warpage is one of the most common problems on an automobile today, so your psd is junk because of this????

Ford reconized the trans cooler and issued a TSB for it...Did you get yours done for free??? Again, this was a major problem??

And yes the cooler carried over into the 2000 models, I bet you have an early model 2000, which if you would have done your homework you wouldn't be ready for a T/C...

Again I ask--why did you buy a first year/ or until they worked out the bugs, vehicle???

One last question---and this is on topic---If you had so many problems with and dislike the diesel, then why do you still own it??????

Like any vehicle that you buy, you have to research it and understand the weak points and either try to get the dealer to address them(like pulling nails) or you can fix them yourself...
I chose to fix them myself...I fixed my fuel system already...I did my research and they changed a lot of stuff mid-year 2000..this is when I bought...I think you missed it by a couple of months...

I just dont understand why if the truck is no good...why dont you do something about it????

This is the second time you have trapped me into complaining about your vehicle,,,but you still have it...so it cant be that bad???

Or am I the only one you can get to listen to you about it??

Old 09-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Mach1
Just because the dealer puts your VIN in the computer, DOESN"T mean that your Waranty is Voided...Again I state it is up to the individual dealer to refuse to work on it...I know a chip friendly dealer who has no problem working on rodded or moded PSD's..

I'll put this plain and SIMPLE for you, if your VIN goes into OASIS for an unauthorized mod , no dealer in their right mind will touch it. If the repair is listed under the OASIS as a warranty related item, Ford won't pick up the tab for the warranty related problem. and the dealer will have to.

You say you had all kinds of problems with yours and name the rotor warpage as a problem..Rotor warpage is one of the most common problems on an automobile today, so your psd is junk because of this????

Again, YOUR WORDS, not mine. AGAIN, I don't have a PSD!

Ford reconized the trans cooler and issued a TSB for it...Did you get yours done for free??? Again, this was a major problem??

Of course Ford did the TSB on it. Did you expect them not to?

And yes the cooler carried over into the 2000 models, I bet you have an early model 2000, which if you would have done your homework you wouldn't be ready for a T/C...

Who in the He** said that I needed a torque converter? What are you on?

Again I ask--why did you buy a first year/ or until they worked out the bugs, vehicle???

Get it straight the SD, in its current configuration, came out in '99 and 99.5 model years, hence a 2000 model IS NOT the first model year! Simple enough for you?

One last question---and this is on topic---If you had so many problems with and dislike the diesel, then why do you still own it??????

I DO NOT/WILL NOT own another diesel. I've had my fill of them. I own a V-10 F-250 SD. Plain enough for you?

Like any vehicle that you buy, you have to research it and understand the weak points and either try to get the dealer to address them(like pulling nails) or you can fix them yourself...
I chose to fix them myself...I fixed my fuel system already...I did my research and they changed a lot of stuff mid-year 2000..this is when I bought...I think you missed it by a couple of months...

I just dont understand why if the truck is no good...why dont you do something about it????

I'm not complaining about my truck, YOU are complaining about someone's truck though.

This is the second time you have trapped me into complaining about your vehicle,,,but you still have it...so it cant be that bad???

What are you sniffing? Diesel oil or the combustion by-products?

Or am I the only one you can get to listen to you about it??

Obviously, you can't comprehend the English language.

Old 09-04-2002, 05:05 AM
For any of you people out there that have modified vehicles that need warantee work on them and have your waranty voided and listed on Oasis..I know a dealer here that work on it and ask no questions...

Warped rotors are as common on a vehicle as fuel filter changes, almost every vehicles gets them...

I guess you still didn't catch that untill a new model vehicle gets all the bugs worked out its not a good idea to purchase one..May it be the first year, second year, thrid year..Dont buy it until the bugs are fixed...(you did)

You got a v10..hows your fuel mileage loaded???

You are the one who is complaining about your diesel that you sold already...Why dont you stop complaining about..You made a mistake and bought the model before the bugs were worked out, yes even the early 2000's were bug riden until mid 2000, which I bought because I did my homework...

You should be disappointed in yourself for not doing your homework before buying the diesel...You should have waited another 6 months...All the problems you mention were modified /repaired...

And you still dont make any sense to me...You sell the dieseel and buy a V10...Then you mention all problems with the truck(springs,rotors,trans cooler) that have absolutely nothing to do with the diesel and on top of that you buy another truck of the same kind that has the bugs worked out and still blame it on the diesel...No sense here!!!!

Thanks for telling me your story and sharing your thoughts..I will use you as a good story when /as I talk to others about the trucks...

To offer some releif though--I have talked to a few people that have ran into your same perdicament...Buying the 1st/2nd/3rd/year models that haven't had the bugs worked out yet...Then blaming Ford for making a bad truck, when you could have avoided it by doing your homework...

Oh BTW--Here's a tip, the new 6 liter G2 motor that is due out next year--DONT buy it until they work the bugs out...If you want I can e-mail you and tell you when that happens, because I do my homework!!!!!

Old 09-04-2002, 11:19 PM
For any of you people out there that have modified vehicles that need warantee work on them and have your waranty voided and listed on Oasis..I know a dealer here that work on it and ask no questions...

BS meter is on. Perhaps everyone with warranty related problems can get free repairs from this dealer. LOL!

Warped rotors are as common on a vehicle as fuel filter changes, almost every vehicles gets them...

I guess you still didn't catch that untill a new model vehicle gets all the bugs worked out its not a good idea to purchase one..May it be the first year, second year, thrid year..Dont buy it until the bugs are fixed...(you did)

What in the world are you talking about?????

You got a v10..hows your fuel mileage loaded???

You are the one who is complaining about your diesel that you sold already...Why dont you stop complaining about..You made a mistake and bought the model before the bugs were worked out, yes even the early 2000's were bug riden until mid 2000, which I bought because I did my homework...

BS meter off the end!! Yup, everyone should call YOU before buying anything. LOL! Especially since you can't comprehend what you've read.

You should be disappointed in yourself for not doing your homework before buying the diesel...You should have waited another 6 months...All the problems you mention were modified /repaired...

Again, what are you talking about? I guess that you can't read, yet you sure can give out BS, err "advice."

And you still dont make any sense to me...You sell the dieseel and buy a V10...Then you mention all problems with the truck(springs,rotors,trans cooler) that have absolutely nothing to do with the diesel and on top of that you buy another truck of the same kind that has the bugs worked out and still blame it on the diesel...No sense here!!!!

You STILL can't read!!

Thanks for telling me your story and sharing your thoughts..I will use you as a good story when /as I talk to others about the trucks...

Yup, you are "the man" when it comes to truck buying advice. LOL!!

To offer some relief though--I have talked to a few people that have ran into your same perdicament...Buying the 1st/2nd/3rd/year models that haven't had the bugs worked out yet...Then blaming Ford for making a bad truck, when you could have avoided it by doing your homework...

Homework? This comes from someone that ALSO has a '00 SD? More "sound advice" from the oracle.

Oh BTW--Here's a tip, the new 6 liter G2 motor that is due out next year--DONT buy it until they work the bugs out...If you want I can e-mail you and tell you when that happens, because I do my homework!!!!!

Don't flatter yourself. Any "advice" from you should be put into its proper place, the same place all of the BS goes. If your reading comprehension,( yes, I know that it's a big, multi-syllable word), is anything like your "advice", you'd better stick with something that befits your status.

Old 09-09-2002, 06:21 AM
How come you dont try to explain your thoughts instead of just saying BS to everything???

Just because it is out of your relm of knowledge-does this make it BS????

Fact-You bought an early model 2000 PSD, Fact I bought a late model PSD...

Everyone(Well except you) knows that the problems were not fixed until mid to late 2000...Plain and simple..

I did my homework and investigated..You did not...

Now, you want to blame Ford for this, I ask why didn't you do your homework and find out when the first year bugs were fixed??? No BS-just answer the question...

Next question-How come with all the problems you mentioned which were with the truck and not the engine, you buy another truck and blame it on the engine(warped rotors, brakes, etc.)PSD

Now I know its going to be difficult for you to answer these two questions, without your typical response(BS)...But I think if you try real hard you can do it!!!

Just the answers..you can say it..It wont kill you to admit that you made a bad decision..I know you have the MAN syndrome and you dont want to admit you made a bad decision on your part..

Old 09-09-2002, 10:45 PM
How come you dont try to explain your thoughts instead of just saying BS to everything???

Just because it is out of your relm of knowledge-does this make it BS????

I hope you don't want to TRY to prove that you've received a college education. You've embarassed yourself enough already and your lack of education shows like a beacon in the darkness.

Fact-You bought an early model 2000 PSD, Fact I bought a late model PSD...

First BS on your part! FACT I've NEVER owned a 2000 year PSD, or a '99 or 99.5 PSD for that matter. To say that I have is a gross error on YOUR part.

Everyone(Well except you) knows that the problems were not fixed until mid to late 2000...Plain and simple..

Are you saying that the CACKLE, or idle knock, was cured in '00? Tell that to the people with '02 models and they'll laugh at you. How about CPS problems that occur to this date? Turbo bolts have been fixed since '00? I can go on and on too. I hate to say this, but you're full BS to make those erroneous claims. You can attempt to mislead others, but it won't fly here.

I did my homework and investigated..You did not...

If this is proof of your "extensive investigative knowledge", maybe you should work with Janet Reno. She couldn't find anything wrong with the klinton's actions either.

Now, you want to blame Ford for this, I ask why didn't you do your homework and find out when the first year bugs were fixed??? No BS-just answer the question...

I did not purchase the SD until it was in the '00 model year. This allowed '99 and '99.5 for growing pains. Further, I don't blame Ford for anything. As a matter of FACT, I've got several family members that work for Ford.

Next question-How come with all the problems you mentioned which were with the truck and not the engine, you buy another truck and blame it on the engine(warped rotors, brakes, etc.)PSD

IF you can read, and that's a BIG IF, I stated that I had a '99 F-150, and that Ford did a buyback on it. I THEN purchased a '00 SD with a V-10. Can you actually comprehend this? The SD has these known problems, there's no doubt about it. To deny it, is just plain foolishness. There's a pattern of behavior on your part that keeps showing up again and again.

Now I know its going to be difficult for you to answer these two questions, without your typical response(BS)...But I think if you try real hard you can do it!!!

I've answered your questions Einstein. The thing is, can you actually assimilate the replies? If not, I'll get a first grader to reply and then perhaps you'll be able to get a grasp on things.

Just the answers..you can say it..It wont kill you to admit that you made a bad decision..I know you have the MAN syndrome and you dont want to admit you made a bad decision on your part..

I didn't make a bad decision buying a V-10 SD. As a matter of fact, I'll buy another, in a year or so.

Old 09-10-2002, 05:56 AM
Getting back to the subject at hand..I have the PSD and tow alot with it...I like the fuel mileage while towing..The 5.4 IMHO is underpowered for such a heavy truck..

WW-How is it you are such an expert on this subject when you haven't owned either of these configurations..You bash the PSD and have never owned one???

BTW--you are the man...

And you WIN....You are right...

You sucked me in twice now, but there wont be another time...

Old 09-10-2002, 10:28 PM
I like peanut butter sandwhiches.

Old 09-10-2002, 10:35 PM
I'll try to put this so anyone, even you, can understand what I'm saying. I said that I've never owned a Super Duty, as in '99, '99.5, or '00, etc. with a PSD, not that I've NEVER owned a PSD. I have and that's why I've gone back to gas engines. Again, you have attempted to cloud the issue by making more erroneous statements. This is done in order to attempt to validate the PSD and trying to make yourself look intelligent at someone elses expense. Well, you've failed AGAIN this time, quite miserably I might add. You don't know truth from fact, yet you proceed to ASSume certain things, then they become your "facts." These "facts" are quickly and easily dispelled though. Here's a tip for you; Take the time, learn to read, and then COMPREHEND, sorry for the multi-syllable word, I know it's kind of long, what you've read. I'm sure it'll help in your "investigations" of things. Who knows, for once, you might even make some sense in the future. Doubtful, but you may get lucky once in your lifetime.

Last edited by WWBF150; 09-10-2002 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:02 AM
You are right--You know it all!!!

Old 09-11-2002, 06:10 PM
I also like peanut-butter sandwiches.

At least you two are staying on topic.

Old 09-11-2002, 07:00 PM
The 5.4 IMHO is underpowered for such a heavy truck
I have absolutley no complaints with my 5.4 towing 4,000lbs. Would I like to be able to pull a tree out of the ground? Might be kinda cool, but necessary? Nope. I put 10K miles a year on it.

I don't know why PSD guys think they made the only valid choice. Some of us don't need it & don't want it, as hard as that is for you to believe .

I swear, these PSD vs Gasser debates sound like a bunch of guys comparing penises . "Mine's bigger than yours... nahanahnahnahnahnah..."

Old 09-12-2002, 07:53 PM
I like them with lotsa jelly......mmmmmm.....jelly

Old 09-12-2002, 10:37 PM
You are right--You know it all!!!
It seems that you're getting an education on Ford-Diesel with your thread too. LOL! I guess that I'm not the only one that has had any problems with the SD either. BTW, there's nothing wrong with a 5.4 in a SD either.

Old 09-15-2002, 04:11 PM
5.4L vs PSD

In my case, I do very little towing, and don't really haul more than an F150 could handle.
However I wanted a SuperDuty for its interior, exterior, 5sp, and look.

I got a 00 F250 xlt SC 4x2 5.4L 5sp 4.10ls.

I have no problem keeping up with or passing traffic from light to light in the city, or on the highway.. I do recommend the 4.10 rear as it seems to put the engine at a decent RPM at 60 mph.

I debated for a long time between the PSD and 5.4L.

PSD was obvious overkill for what I'd be using the truck for. The V10 was overkill as well as getting 2mpg's less on average than the 5.4L.

I've checked my MPG's for every tank of fuel since I bought the truck. My overall average is 16.2 mpgs. This is mostly with 60/40 city/highway driving. I am a conservative driver and rarely go over 65mph. I've gotten as high as 18.0 mpgs average for a tank and as low as 13.5.

So, depending on what your wants and needs are, there's an engine choice for you..

Quick Reply: 5.4 vs. PSD