F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Trans Temp install

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trans Temp install

Hi,

I have a V10 with a auto. I want to add a autometer transmission temp guage in the dash to the bottom right of the steering column. Has anyone done this and have any pictures of doing this?

Also, since mine is a 99, i want to install a grab handle for getting into my truck on the drivers side A-pillar, hence the reason for not installing a pillar pod. Anyone have pics or directions for this? I saw it once on another website, but can't find it again.

Thanks

Old 09-02-2002, 02:44 AM
I have my Isspro guage installed there. There is plenty of room just watch out for a couple dash supports. Best check behind the area and measure. Under the dash, there are several wires in the trailer brake harness. The brown one I believe is for the ilumination. It is hot when the lights are on but not in the dimmer circut. I used that to power the blub in the guage. Only problem that I have had is the light bleeds through onto the guage cluster. Someday I'll stick a piece of duct tape up there to block the light. Also, I can see the reflection of the guage on the windshield at night. I changed my guage bulb from clear to green. Not so bright that way. You can use one of the customer access wires under the hood/dash to run the lead to the sender. Sorry I don't have a pic. I can just see enough of the guage through the steering wheel and shift lever. It's a good spot for the guage.

Old 09-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Thanks V10 man

THanks for the info and advice. I'll remember the brown for power, i'm not sure i'll actually hook up the power to the light though, I happen to do 98% of my towing of the travel trailer during the daylight hours.

THanks again.

Quick Reply: Trans Temp install