F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

tranny fluid

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny fluid

has anyone here heard about putting a little tranny fluid in the gas tank to clean out the motor/injectors in a diesel

Old 09-09-2002, 06:06 AM
If you are talking about putting ATF in a PSD..This is a no-no..Ford doesn't even want alcohol put in the fuel...The injector orings dont like foreign petroleum products..If you get the wrong ones it will break down the orings...

If you are talking the Cummins with mech injection, it helps keep the injectors clean....

Old 09-09-2002, 11:54 AM
The service manager at my Ford dealer ship told me that Dextron/Mercron were detergents and were great to put in the fuel and clean the injectors. I am kind of hesitant about it. Where did you hear it from?

Old 09-10-2002, 05:46 AM
They used to do this years ago with the mech injection and it lubed and cleaned the injectors...The fuel system on the PSD is lubbed by the fuel and cooled as well...It says in the owners manual not to use ANY additives in the fuel...Be careful-it may cause carboning of the CC's..If I was to use anything it would be Sta-dyne fuel additive...What are you trying to accomplish with an additive???

Quick Reply: tranny fluid