F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

New mods- Factory Tech and GrabHandle

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New mods- Factory Tech and GrabHandle

I just finished this weekends project of installing a drivers side grab handle on the A-pillar, and i installed the Factory Tech Valve body that has modified valves and springs. My thoughts.

While the drivers side grab handle is a good idea, hence the reason 2003's have them; it is a pain in the *ss to install. Too much modification and trial and errors. I ended up tapping and using 3/8's bolts to hold the bar there. guess i should of made a template for the bolt pattern.

The factory tech valve body mod is relatively simple. Just follow instructions and it goes well. A bit messy of course, but it has definately firmed up the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts; almost makes the truck jump into next gear. I hope to notice less slippage during shifts while pulling my trailer as well. If it makes it run cooler, i'm all for it. Tranny replacement isn't my idea of fun.

Just my thoughts...

Laters

Old 09-10-2002, 05:38 AM
The factory tech valve--sounds almost like the Transgo shift kit, except I had to pull the Accumulator valve body, replace the springs with firmer, open the ports and drill a couple of vents..

It sure does make a difference on how it shifts..You did good by doing the trans mods..it is the weak point..

Had mine to the track a couple of times were I abused it..

It will light the tires up...BIG TIME....

Old 09-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Gotta love the FT Valvebody... really nice shifts, simple to install. Benefit is no drilling, can easily pop the stock VB back in if necessary.

Add some custom programming for the Superchip (all trans/shift mods, less increasing line pressure) ... SWEET setup.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Where do you read about this FT valve body???

The transgo kit is the prefered kit, or so I thought...school me..

You got a real nice truck there....

Now only if it had the diesel...

Just kidding....JUST Kidding...

Old 09-11-2002, 05:46 PM
If I wanted a Diesel, I would have bought one

"Factory_Tech" is a transmission tech at Ford, takes a brand new valvebody, installs everything and sells it for $199. You can get additional info here:

http://www.powersurgeperformance.net/shift.htm

Used by a lot of Lightning and Super Duty guys, only for the 4R100 though. Quick shifts at partial throttle, hit's hard at WOT. I love that thing How about a big 'ole relatively stock F250 4x4 that gets a little scratch on the 1-2 shift?

Last edited by Okie DRN; 09-11-2002 at 06:00 PM.

Quick Reply: New mods- Factory Tech and GrabHandle