F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Just Bought New 'o3 250 Psd Have A Few Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002 | 01:24 PM
|
Question Just Bought New 'o3 250 Psd Have A Few Questions?

Hello I'm new to this site and have read almost every post so far it seems to be very informative and am glad that I found it well I didn't find it all by myself one of the Lightning guys I met at the Fun Ford weekend told me about it, and I'm glad they did!!! Wish there were more posts here seems like the diesels are limited edition and not the Lightnings seems like they have the most posts of them all or they have all the problems (LOL) but they are fast I have to give them that!!
My questions are what do I need to do different to this truck I have the 7.3 litre power stroke any thing special I have to do besides the normal maintenance?? I have read that some people have five minute timers,propane,k&n filters,oil bypass,chips,exaust,etc.... I live in a small town and don't have any place to purchase any extras nor does anybody know anything around here!! I would like to get some extra power from my diesel!! So any help would be appreciated and where I could read about some of the stuff before I purchase it. And where I can purchase some of the products I need that everybody trusts. I have heard you can't load the truck down over 4,000lb. with any chip over a 60 h.p. gain I would like to differ fact from fiction and will it affect the amount of miles I will get out of the motor??
The only reason I'm asking is my dad has a Power Stroke and does Hot Shoting across the country and has about 450,000 miles on his truck and still counting and it is all stock and hasn't had any problems except the normal wear parts but he takes it to the dealer every 3,000 to 5,000 for maintence I want to get this many miles on my truck!!!
Thanks in advance!!!

Old 11-10-2002 | 05:27 AM
Get the guages first, so you dont have to go by the max 4000 and 60hp chip rule, which is-dont install anything until you have a way to monitor the feedback on the mods...

Establish a baseline on temps/pressures...

Mileage also counts as a baseline...

Then and only then is it safe to understand what is happening under the hood...

P.S. be careful about the 3yr/36000 waranty and mods...

Old 11-26-2002 | 01:23 AM
|
Thanks for info...

Old 11-26-2002 | 03:13 AM
The k&N's are questional on the PSD's...change oil at 3000 unless you have a by-pass system...

Change fuel filter at 15000.

Hit the exhaust first, and the intake , then a chip if you want..

If you want more info email me at rbabola@281.com

good luck and enjoy...

Old 12-01-2002 | 01:54 AM
You may want to check out www.thedieselstop.com

Old 12-01-2002 | 09:54 PM
P.S.D., you might want to re-think ANY chips, mods, etc until AFTER your warranty has expired. Ford is getting a bit sticky on mods that affect the engine/powertrain. You could find yourself with a voided powertrain warranty for adding a chip. Some people will disagree with this, but the proof is out there. Remember, if you want to play, you'd better be able to pay.

Quick Reply: Just Bought New 'o3 250 Psd Have A Few Questions?