F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

SD camper pkg. etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SD camper pkg. etc

Hi Does anyone know?

I assume the SD F250SC SB regardless of which engine it has...requires the "camper pkg" to be certified?

Opt. pkg: heavy service fronts springs..rear stabilizer bar ..slide in certif.

I assume it already has the front stab.bar? Was wondering if the "heavy" springs might make for a really rough ride unloaded?

Does PSD already have "heavy" front springs?

Tks. for any info. Good luck...OT

btw...taking a PSD a/t test drive. Soon as demo is avail. Maybe middle this month or eary Jan 03. Dealer waiting on shipment.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:22 PM
OT,

If you are talking about putting a truck camper in the bed, then yes, the camper package is "required" for certification. You are correct in that the front sway bar is standard. As far as handling, I haven't noticed a significant difference in the way my '02 rides (w/camper package) unloaded than my '00 (no camper package) did. If anything, I would think that the PSD would lessen any difference as compared to my V10, since it is a heavier engine (by all accounts I have read). [Of course, this was for the 7.3, don't know about the 6.0.]

Jeff

Old 12-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Well if you look at the towning guide you will see a reduction in the GVCWR for the PSD so I realy do not think so. Otherewise why would they reduce that?

FYI the Dual Rear wheel F350 comes standard with a rear sway bar but I think they increase its size with the Camper package. The single rear wheels do not come with one of any size without the camper package option.

Old 12-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Hi cp

Sorry, but i missed point your trying to make. GVCWR for PSD?

JDM...tks.

Tks. guys for info.

Good luck...OT

Old 12-06-2002, 01:48 PM
Well I was talking about the Gross Vehicles Combined Weight Rating. The weight of the towing vehicle and the Towed Vehicle as well. Combined. I think it's reduced by about 500 pounds in the PSD is it not? That would be almost the wieght difference in the two motors. Kind of indicating to me there was not allowance for anything stronger in the chassis compontents to offset the weight of the PSD vs. an Gas motor. This was in response to the question of wether the PSD has larger springs than its gas counter part. I am just assuming this is not the case though. I do not know for sure. And would have to review that towing guide too. Going from distant memory is a dangerous thing when your past 40!

Old 12-06-2002, 02:34 PM
Hi cp

Ok...tks. I thought maybe new 6L would be lighter.

Just trying to decide if i need the "cmpr. pkg" I do like the rear sway control bar. I dont have o.h. camper anymore...just looking ahead. On my old 88 it did have "cmpr. pkg".

Latest 03 tow figures i have...SD F250SC 4WD 6L a/t and 3.73.1 a.ratio...12,500# (3.73 only one listed) i dont recall "02" ratings.

Oh, i also know about that "past 40" and then some! Need more "ram" like my pc.

OT

Old 12-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Geez...did it again. if im reading right..F250 SRW 4WD SC..max. loaded TT wt. is 12,000#

OT

Old 12-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Oh well the new 6.0 liter PSD may indeed be lighter. I don't realy know for sure. So few of them out there so far. I did hear some rumor that the Combined Weight rating was going up in them though. Not sure if it has anything to do with engine weight or some other things like that Tranny or something though. Have to wait and see unless its already in the newest copy of the Towing guide already? And no one I know had actually weighed one of them on a scale yet to see what is left either.

Oh and I should have listed that as the GCVWR instead of GWCVR...

Old 12-06-2002, 11:51 PM
For 03 you can now order the snow plow pkg and camper pkg together unlike other years. My truck rides great It is a crewcab sb.

Old 12-07-2002, 05:49 PM
Well thats good news....but I was told you still cannot get the snow plow option on a F250 with the PSD in it. Only the V10 and V8. Seems the weight of the PSD (even the new one) is too much to add a plow to the front end of the 250's. Not certain about that but that was the same way it was in the past.

Old 12-07-2002, 06:38 PM
OT, then that is up because my 2001 shows 10,000. So thats good news.

Quick Reply: SD camper pkg. etc