F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

What is up with my front end

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is up with my front end

Ok here is the problem. I had my truck aligned not too long ago. At each oil change, I balance and rotate my tires. About 2 months ago When I had my tires rotated, the truck was pulling to the left. I took it for another alignment and they told me it was the tires. The swaped the front tires and it no longer pulled to the left. I took the truck back to goodyear and they looked at the tires and could find nothing wrong with either of them. Now the other problem which may be playing into all this, I had my front rotors turned and then I replaced the pads. The truck ran very smooth for a week. Then it started pulling to the left when I brake - but no every time. I flushed my calipers and they all flushed with no problem. The braking was fine for a few days, but then it started to pull the left again, but not every time. This last time I had my tires balanced and rotated, goodyear said there was no issue with the calipers. I have also noticed slight vibration in my steering wheel at highway speeds, but this had been going on for a long time - before my alignment issue or rotor fix. So here is my question...what is the problem with my braking/tires/vibration/alignment.

Thanks

Runnert

Old 12-11-2002, 01:03 PM
oops wrong truck

I no longer have the F150, I have an F250 PS, 1999

Runnert

Old 12-11-2002, 01:19 PM
A thought .. When you replaced the pads and had the rotors turned, was anything done to the pistons in the calipers (Honed, new seals)? Almost sounds like the left one is sticking a bit, heating up the pad, then when you use the breaks, they pad grabs more than the other.

One way of checking for the vibration problem would be to take your truck to someplace where they can balance the tires on the vehicle. That way, you are actually balancing the tire, rim, rotor/brake drum, etc. If it still does it, it may be a drive line problem.

Larry

Quick Reply: What is up with my front end