Lamborghini Diablo @ Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003 | 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sambusik
I would love to see what the F150 woulda looked like after hitting that wall.

http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rat.../html/0110.htm

P = POOR. Useless hunk of Detroit crap.
Troll alert...

Old 03-06-2003 | 02:31 AM
He's a troll from the minicooperonline.com site, under the MINI TALK forum, in the 'THIS is sad thread'. He's under the same username there

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:33 PM
Unhappy Mini vs F-150... end the debate before it starts.

Okee..

I'm the President of a Mini club. So, you'd think I'd be biased. Yes, I love my car. Yes, I am aware that it is superior in crash ratings than the F-150, but both are good vehicles in their own right, and both have their own loyal followings. So, let's keep this from getting messy, eh? Its amazing how much hate can come from a reaction to a few words. Heck, we own an '89 F-150 and F-350 Dually... I can't say I don't like 'em, lol.

Hope everyone stays nice, that's all I have to say.

Old 03-07-2003 | 11:51 PM
|
Banned
Hey its all good.

Old 03-08-2003 | 10:31 AM
I wonder what would happen to you in your mini if my Lightning or Expedition piled into it at 45 mph? Keep in mind that real world wrecks arent car v.s. wall at 40 mph, it's car v.s. car and people like to haul ***.

Only the supercabs crumble pitifully like that, since they don't have a pillar there between the doors.

Regular cabs, Screws, Expy's, and all of those with a pillar between the door's keep you much safer that any small car could.

Old 03-08-2003 | 03:06 PM
You know, I would like to applaud you guys, I'm being completely serious. I posted a very troll'ish comment on your board just to pathetically amuse myself. I am in no way qualified to make an educated comment about the F150.

What I'm applauding is that you took my comment with a grain of salt and didn't come out and flame war me, you just laughed at me and brushed me off.

On the other hand, some dude on minicooperonline (also a member of this forum) seems to have made it his mission in life to make me look pathetic for posting one dumb post, and later laughing about it.

I'm just glad people here don't take things as seriously.

Old 04-16-2003 | 07:45 PM
Lambo Crash

Just reviewed your Thread. I was the owner of the Lambo you all have commented on. After reading all the speculation, I thought you should know what really happened. I was invited to bring the car there to participate in the filming of a commercial for a local Motorcycle Dealership. My job was to ride around and have the cameras film the car for inclusion in that commercial. I had done this thru the day, with various passengers, who were there, and wanted a ride in the Lambo. During my last outing, I went out wide under the bridge, leading to turn 12 and caught the speed bumbs on the left side. The car was "light" and immediatley spun a half turn and slid down the hill into the wall. You can see the result. Most importantly my passenger and I escaped with "minor" injuries- cuts in both of our heads, broken collar bone and a lot of soreness! Fyi, the car was totalled and the insurance company paid in full with no complaint- I was not racing, preparing to race or taking any "times". Also, I am very familiar with the Track having raced there many times in AMA, CCS, and WERA motorcycle races. Allan.

Old 04-16-2003 | 07:51 PM
Hey glad you are OK, and it makes for a great story...

Sorry about the car.

Old 04-16-2003 | 07:52 PM
Holy ***** this thread has 91,000 views.........

That is like 200 more than the thread of that hot 17 y/o chick

--Joe

Old 04-16-2003 | 07:54 PM
I was the owner of the Lambo you all have commented on.
Could you post some pics of yourself next to the lambo before the crash/after the crash, and/or supply an image of your auto insurance policy?

Old 04-16-2003 | 07:57 PM
WoW word really gets around. Glad to see your ok.

Old 04-16-2003 | 08:00 PM
More threads back from the dead?

Old 04-16-2003 | 08:08 PM
Originally posted by device manager
Could you post some pics of yourself next to the lambo before the crash/after the crash, and/or supply an image of your auto insurance policy?

Old 04-16-2003 | 08:18 PM
The bike sitting on the wall, what it in track with you at the same time?

Old 04-16-2003 | 09:40 PM
Re: Lambo Crash

Originally posted by allan s.
Just reviewed your Thread. I was the owner of the Lambo you all have commented on. After reading all the speculation, I thought you should know what really happened. I was invited to bring the car there to participate in the filming of a commercial for a local Motorcycle Dealership. My job was to ride around and have the cameras film the car for inclusion in that commercial. I had done this thru the day, with various passengers, who were there, and wanted a ride in the Lambo. During my last outing, I went out wide under the bridge, leading to turn 12 and caught the speed bumbs on the left side. The car was "light" and immediatley spun a half turn and slid down the hill into the wall. You can see the result. Most importantly my passenger and I escaped with "minor" injuries- cuts in both of our heads, broken collar bone and a lot of soreness! Fyi, the car was totalled and the insurance company paid in full with no complaint- I was not racing, preparing to race or taking any "times". Also, I am very familiar with the Track having raced there many times in AMA, CCS, and WERA motorcycle races. Allan.
It's always the last time out that some crap happens. Good thing your alright and the insurance paid off

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Diablo @ Road Atlanta