You've GOT to be kidding me!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003 | 04:55 PM
You got the right bag of cereal, it's obvious they packed it in the wrong box

Old 03-26-2003 | 06:14 PM
Budweiser...The breakfast of Champions

Old 03-26-2003 | 07:54 PM
I am studying abroad in London this semester and it seems every drink at places like McDonalds and Burger King is not filled all the way, about a half inch to a quarter of inch is left at the top of the cup that they don't fill. I have hardly ever had this done to me in the United States.

Old 03-26-2003 | 08:40 PM
It seems everyone is out to be a sheister these days.
Ever since I hit my 30's, I've transformed myself into the consumer from hell.

The half full box of fries from McDonald's? I tell them to fill it to the top, I don't ask them, same thing with drinks, or whatever it is I am buying.

If I get stuff from the drive-thru, I check everything before I drive away... people waiting behind me? Too bad! These mindless twits that work at these places can screw up the Lords prayer.

Your example is typical of the inside last page of Consumers Reports, very typical marketing bs. "Make the customer think he's getting more, but give him less = extra profits.

Everyone is out to chisel and squeeze every last drop out of you these days, it does get tiring, but that's why I've forced myself to be an ahole, and not accept it (when I can)

Habibi

Old 03-26-2003 | 09:03 PM
It's like when you order a draft beer at a restaurant and they bring it out with about 3" of head! I just paid $4.00 for a freaking beer, how about filling the dang thing up! Is that asking too much? Or how about this, used to be, a can of tuna would make two sandwiches, now, the same size can is mostly water/oil and the tuna makes barely over one sandwich. Same size can, same price, less tuna. Give me a break!!

Old 03-26-2003 | 09:05 PM
Habibi

I am the same way. If at McDonald's and that don't fill the fries FULL like the damn picture, I give it back and tell them:

"Fill that sumbitch UP, I didn't buy no damn reduced fat, reduced cholesterol fries I bought the full blown, 100%, Super size, artery clogging, bring on the heart attack, full thin cardboard fry holding container till the glue can barely hold it together FRIES!!!”

Now getting them hot and fresh is a whole other story…

Old 03-26-2003 | 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike B'ham
Or how about this, used to be, a can of tuna would make two sandwiches, now, the same size can is mostly water/oil and the tuna makes barely over one sandwich. Same size can, same price, less tuna. Give me a break!!
Sometimes I wonder if it is even tuna anymore. You know you open the can and sometimes there is some really dark meat in there. Kind of wonder WTF is that? Could it be some left over dark meat turkey from someone’s Thanksgiving dinner…

Old 03-27-2003 | 05:32 AM
Shew, I hated guys like 01 XLT Sport and Habibi when I worked at McDonald's! Just kidding, I really did fill the stuff up all the way without being asked, and I usually went overboard with it. I didn't agree with the jump in prices three times in one year, so I tried to make up for what the people deserved. Unless they were rude, then I went by policy and gipped them.

Old 03-27-2003 | 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Habibi

I am the same way. If at McDonald's and that don't fill the fries FULL like the damn picture, I give it back and tell them:

"Fill that sumbitch UP, I didn't buy no damn reduced fat, reduced cholesterol fries I bought the full blown, 100%, Super size, artery clogging, bring on the heart attack, full thin cardboard fry holding container till the glue can barely hold it together FRIES!!!”

Now getting them hot and fresh is a whole other story…
Man ain't that the truth. I found if you want "fresh" fries, you have to go inside to the walkup, drive-thru gets yesterday's

Old 03-27-2003 | 08:44 PM
"some settling may occur" is another one of those BS sold by weight, not volume labels.

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Man ain't that the truth. I found if you want "fresh" fries, you have to go inside to the walkup, drive-thru gets yesterday's
No sh*t? Hell and all this time I have been bringing my own bag of frozen fries and asking: "You mind putting these in the deep fryer?"

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Pickup Man
Shew, I hated guys like 01 XLT Sport and Habibi when I worked at McDonald's! Just kidding, I really did fill the stuff up all the way without being asked, and I usually went overboard with it. I didn't agree with the jump in prices three times in one year, so I tried to make up for what the people deserved. Unless they were rude, then I went by policy and gipped them.
I would have to disagree with you, though it is hard to do, but hear me out.

Ok, I am the guy that ask for a little more fries. I believe you would have hated my X if she got something she didn't like it would SCARE me. She would chuck, throw what ever it was she didn't like over the counter and back into the cooking area...

HEAD'S UP fellows, the bitch is back!!!

Quick Reply: You've GOT to be kidding me!!