So The Poor Doesnt Pay Taxes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MRBBQMAN
the best tax law i heard of is "earned income credit". one of my employees told me he was getting a $6500 refund, and paid $2500 in taxes. i asked who did his taxes, and told him that both of them should pack their bags, because they would be taking a federal vacation. damn if he wasn't right though. he told me not to give him a raise, or it would mess up the whole sweet deal.
That would be soooo funny if it weren't true.

Old 06-29-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure AJ . This is not Ethnically related. Or is it?

Old 06-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
You're focusing on the vast minority here. How many people on welfare and other services are capable making it on their own? That game can be played both ways.

The thing is that I don't see these people myself. I know that people (01 XLT Sport) talk about how those collecting welfare are just sitting on their ***, watching the tele all day.

What I see are people that would be crawling around the streets without some help. My mother has worked for Hennepin County Social Services (Minneapolis) for about the past 10 years. Until this past December, she worked with mentally disabled. These were people with no familiy to help and completely unable to work, even with medication (Which legally, they do not have to take). Literally, 1 in 10 of her clients fully believed they were Jesus. What these people receive is just enough to feed them and most lived in privately funded homeless shelters, when there was room.

Now, she works in child support, tracking down deadbeat parents. These are often people that just abandon their family, completely.

I don't see that the welfare situation is nearly as awful as many make it out to be. Some people do need help at times and our country certainly is capable of providing assistance when needed, to keep someone alive or a family together until they get back on their feet. People do not collect welfare indefinitely unless they are completely disabled. Anyone who thinks that someone entirely unable to care for themself should be thrown out on our streets to die is very much unenlightened.

L iminator,

I think every single decision we make, that affects someone else, is ethically related.

Ethics:

"A set of principles of right conduct."
I think it makes perfect sense that someone with more money contributes more money. I see this as logial and ethical. Similarly: If you can lift 200lbs and your wife can only lift 1/2 as much, would you expect her to carry as much weight as you? If I had $200,000.00 and someone said I had to give up 1/2, I'd be all over town complaining, but I don't see a proper solution at the moment and I certainly do not trust our goverment to fix any of this.

Old 06-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Damm those 5%, they have all the fun. If only we could get rid of them there would be more money for all of us. Nevermind, then we would just have to pay higher taxes.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:00 PM
AJ. Your heart is as big as mine. But, No matter, I can assure you that after your first year of earning $200,000, you would would feel much differently. I understand how you feel now but no one ,and I mean no one, would willfully give up 1/2 their income, even if it was for those less privelaged. Let them live on my 33% that I pay in.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Oh ,and yes , the Welfare situation is much worse than what you see. Don't make the more Internet savy posters show us that Info. Then we would all be Pissed.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:15 PM
National sales tax is the way to go. I hate taxes like anyone else, but that seems the most fair way to go about it.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:15 PM
I have always said, pay a flat rate of 10% across the board, no matter who you are.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:22 PM
L iminator,

I don't believe there will be a solution. At least not one that makes sense to me. The Federal Gov't (as wasteful as it is) needs money and it has to come from somewhere. When they start to cut Federal taxes, the States just raise theirs. When the States cut their taxes, the Counties and Cities raise theirs. What we end up with are very wealthy, beautiful cities contrasted by very poorly run, overtaxed cities.

I don't make a whole lot of money, compared to many that I see in Minnesota, but I keep very good track of where all of it goes. Because I am contracted for my engineering work, State and Federal taxes are not withheld from my paychecks. Every year I end up writing 2 very substantial checks, to pay our State and Federal Governments.

Because of state budget cuts and an 80% rise in our property value, our property taxes have tripled since we bought our home 6 years ago. Where does all this money go Our schools are still cutting programs. Our roads are ****. Our parks need repairs. WTF!!! On the other hand, our Police Officers are very friendly

In the end, I just wish that those in charge of spending our tax money would budget like we all need to and pay attention to waste. It amazes me how much money our government spends.

I'd be in favor of a national sales tax, but I know those God Damn Republicans SOBs would write the tax laws so that the wealthiest get write-offs and pay just 1%-2%

Last edited by AjRagno; 06-29-2003 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by L iminator
Maybe we should Kill all those stinking RICH people and let the POOR people of America try to take up the tax burden. Don't forget that a very small % of Americans pay an Extremely large % of our Taxes. Or maybe we could all become Democrats, then none of us would have to work, we could all just sit around and collect welfare. What a wonderful world that would be. I like to look at things kind of Differently, &*$k the doomed, they brought it on theirself, why should I have to pay for it ? And NO the poor don't pay taxes , they just keep taking from hard working people like me and my wife.
That Freaking Welfare Queen ! She is a biotch isnt R. Reagan! Hey where have you hiding the last twenty years? Enron? Dont worry me and D. Cheney fixed it so your buddies will be able to continue playing golf. fuccking welfare recipients living in their big homes, driving Mercedes, and living off the hard working people in this country! fucck them! remember vote republican And I will guarantee higher unemployment and more tax cuts for rich guys like you and me. Then tell the dumb citizens we will use this money to create jobs. Their suckers, theyll believe anything I tell. Remember those idiots believed that story about the weapons of mass destruction when my approval had slipped 15-20 percent because of the economy. Hopefully ronny I didnt start the war to early though. Who the hell cares, Ill just go attack some other poor azz country and tell everyone its for the freedom of that country. I love Americans, their so stupid. Take Care ron!

Old 06-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Soo, to sum things up. Has anyone learned which Gov. party pays the most taxes, Anyone. Anyone, Bueler. But it sure is fun to Hate on us though, Is'nt it.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:59 PM
AuH2O! AuH2O! AuH2O!

If America was not scared of radical ideas and listened to barry goldwaters idea of everyone paying a flat % rate on income, we would have almost no deficit because people would not be getting out of taxes, the costs to investigate would drop because taking 15% of your total salary is not hard and is very hard to fake.

Alas this did not happen and we have people finding anyway they can to pay as little as possible and then complain when our school systems suck

Old 06-29-2003, 06:19 PM
easterisland - with the national sales tax, there is no write offs, no forms to fill out at the end of the year, ect. The only way you are taxed is if you buy something. The way to avoid tax is to not buy anything.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:27 PM
My school sys. doesn't suck. In fact, it's one of the best in Texas. Everyone knows if you put more money into a school system the kids will turn out smarter, but wait, my school system gives $35,000,000 a year to the poor underprivelaged school systems who's parents don't feel they should help in the education of their kids, because Bygolly, thats why I pay $1,500 ayear in Fed. Inc. Taxes. It amazes me that no one ever denotes Inteligence to Income. Just giveme giveme giveme. Not intended at the last poster in any way, but if two stupid people meet and have a kid, odds are the kid will be stupid also. Please don't take money from my kid to try and make others smarter. This has prooven to be a failure, but it's still the way they do it here in Texas. Guess everything they say about us down here is True, Hunh.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by therealgeronimo
easterisland - with the national sales tax, there is no write offs, no forms to fill out at the end of the year, ect. The only way you are taxed is if you buy something. The way to avoid tax is to not buy anything.
Sounds good to me. I live in Tennessee. We don't have a state income tax. Our sales tax is 9.5%(6%state and 2.5% county) and that works good. If you don't want to pay taxes don't buy anything, but what do most people do with their money?

Quick Reply: So The Poor Doesnt Pay Taxes?