So The Poor Doesnt Pay Taxes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by AjRagno
I understand your point. I hope you understand mine.

The constitution does not say:

"Pregnant mothers get braces."
"01 XLT Sport must pay for said braces (and beer)."

It also does not say:

"01 XLT Sport can freely kill cats."
"01 XLT Sport gets to make all rules, because it's his house and his roof."
You know what this means?

You AGREE with me, I win… ding, ding, ding..

Another liberal converted…

Old 06-29-2003, 08:28 PM
http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/ofa/

I still don't see people sitting around, watching Oprah, buying houses with their welfare money.

Our Constitutional Rights do change little by little and that is what I've been getting at. Little by little Roe v. Wade is getting closer to being overturned and the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Texas Anti-Sodomy law last week, bringing gay marriages one step closer to being legal. It goes boths ways.

And again.... I still don't see people spending their life on welfare or getting a free ride on your money.

Another thing: If tax dollars are so special to each of us, why does Bush get to spend my tax money getting more oil for his buddies???

Old 06-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Both the poor and the wealthy abuse our nations penchant for charity. Reform is needed to keep cheaters off the rolls and to keep the very wealthy from using loopholes to avoid paying a fair share for the services everyone uses.

I have paid many, many taxes over the years and would love to see a tax break. But I do not want any tax cuts until we pay off the National Debt. We owe it to the future generations of our country to leave them debt free.

The far right just voted to extend our indebtedness another trillion dollars and want to cut our taxes again and that is not only wrong it is criminal.

Pay off the debt and everyone can have a huge permenent tax cut. Continue increasing the debt and every working class American will eventually have to work like slaves and live like paupers. Oh wait, thats what the far right want. They are trying to kill the 8 hour day as we chat.

Old 06-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by AjRagno
http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/programs/ofa/

I still don't see people sitting around, watching Oprah, buying houses with their welfare money.

Our Constitutional Rights do change little by little and that is what I've been getting at. Little by little Roe v. Wade is getting closer to being overturned and the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the Texas Anti-Sodomy law last week, bringing gay marriages one step closer to being legal. It goes boths ways.

And again.... I still don't see people spending their life on welfare or getting a free ride on your money.

Another thing: If tax dollars are so special to each of us, why does Bush get to spend my tax money getting more oil for his buddies???
The example you give have nothing to do with the Constitution being changed. The Constitution is NOT a living document, it is a document that states HOW IT IS. Now we have people sitting in courts who for some reason can not read what is in black and white or have decided the founding fathers didn’t get it right.

Roe v. Wade is not about changing the Constitution, it is about someone else making a law and using the Constitution the front for it. There is NOTHING in the Constitution that states one way or the other if a human can kill another human. Therefore it is “suppose” to be left with each of the states to make that decision.

The Texas Anti-Somody law that the Supreme Court for God knows what reason decided that they would over ride what is actually in the Constitution. What I am referring to is there is a statement in the Constitution that specifically states, and this is not exact, going off the top of my head, but something like “Those rights, issues not addressed specifically in this Constitution are left to the states to decide on their own.

So you see they completely over rid what the STATE of Texas made law legally. There is NO provision in the Constitution that permits that Supreme Court to decide what a state can and can not do, UNLESS it infringes on ones right. Last time I read the Constitution I do NOT recall anything in it stating one man has a right to give his buddy little ***** in the back door, therefore if Texas wants to make it illegally then so be it, that IS lawful under the Constitution.

As you see, nothing has changed in the Constitution only some men and women making laws who should NOT be. They are the judicial branch of government which means they are SUPPOSE to insure the laws on the books, or the rights in the Constitution are upheld. It is the legislative branch who makes laws. Seems some branches have some learning to do…

You have never seen someone spend their lives on welfare? Where have you been there are some kids born into it and continue the tradition on into their adulthood…

Old 06-29-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm seriously gonna have to stop reading these political threads. I can't believe some of the stuff I read here. It boggles the mind.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:08 PM
You have never seen someone spend their lives on welfare? Where have you been there are some kids born into it and continue the tradition on into their adulthood…

01XLTSport,

You are correct and we need to change this, cutting off aid when they have no immediate alternatives is probably not a very good alternative. Simply stating "get a job" does not always work. In many ares there simply is not a job to go get and for the jobs that are available there is no way to get to them, especially in rural areas and many destitute inner cities.

We need to quit giving breaks to large and medium sized manufacturers who close their American plants and go overseas where they pay people a dollar an hour force them to work 12 hours a day and then dump raw sewage into their drinking water.

We need to quit being nice to our neighbors who fill their homes and garages with things manufactured in communist countries, ie. CHINA.

We need to demand from our retailers that they provide more American made goods so that some of the poor in our country can have jobs to go to. Not every one can work in an office or inherit a position in a family company. There are only so many hamburgers to be flipped and lawns to be mowed.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:31 PM
01 XLT Sport,

The Constitution was not ammended, it was interpreted. Some agree with the Court's rulings and of course others disagree. I've realized that this is just how our country works, everyday. People argue for their view of the Constitution and the Justices rule. This is constant here in America.

The Texas anti-sodomy law was struck down because, in the opinion of the majority of Justices, it violated the 14th Amendment. I coudn't tell you why, but I am confident that they understand it more thoroughly than I do.

I am so, so very thankful that you are not a Supreme Court Justice, if you are going to interpret our Constitution in the terms you're using

No, I have not seen generations on welfare. I've seen some pretty ****ty houses and poor families on South Minneapolis, but I'm pretty sure that drug dealing paid their bills, not welfare.

Old 06-29-2003, 09:47 PM
01 XLT Sport,

You should be watching "Do The Right Thing". It's on Trio (the Liberal Channel) right now and the black men are complaining about the Koreans, fresh off the boat, getting their own business

Old 06-29-2003, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SVT_KY
[B]What do you think about the "facts" that SGL so graciously
posted? Everytime I hear about the "rich" getting away with
murder, I wonder just which "rich" people they are talking about?

Seems like when the top 50 percent pays 96 percent of the tax
burden, there isn't much beeching to be done by the other 50
percent when the Government gives the payers back some of their
OWN money. Yes, I know this is hard for some liberals to grasp,
but it is MY money, and I don't cotton to the Gov't taking any
more than absolutely necessary to run the country.

IF you had to write a check the way self employed people do
every month, you would DIE seeing what part of your money
goes to the wasteful gov't..... They need to stay on a budget,
do REAL cuts (Not cuts in percentage raises!) and get this place
back on it's feet again.

Here is an idea to solve your tax problems:
Stop working and go hop on welfare and let the government take care of you. Im sure you would be much happier knowing you didnt have all that tax burden. Im in the upper middle class and I pay my fair share of taxes(probably more than you) seeing how I live in the Chicago area and we have some of the highest taxable products in the country.Everytime I think about the taxes I pay I take a look at some poor fucck on a corner while im walking to work and I think that it could always be worst. Who knows what happened to anyone in their life to become homeless. It could happen to you or me. The funny thing is all I hear in this thread is what I pay, how hard I work , and im supporting the rest of the country. Keep believing your tax dollars are going to the welfare queens, the poor immigrants without health insurance , and all the other free loaders. When you open your eyes an check out the price we paid for a war (that people are still dying for) to eliminate W.O.D (that your president cant find)you can continue to paste your lips all over Pat Buchanons azz!

Last edited by musclemann; 06-29-2003 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Nick D.
Both the poor and the wealthy abuse our nations penchant for charity. Reform is needed to keep cheaters off the rolls and to keep the very wealthy from using loopholes to avoid paying a fair share for the services everyone uses.

I have paid many, many taxes over the years and would love to see a tax break. But I do not want any tax cuts until we pay off the National Debt. We owe it to the future generations of our country to leave them debt free.

The far right just voted to extend our indebtedness another trillion dollars and want to cut our taxes again and that is not only wrong it is criminal.

Pay off the debt and everyone can have a huge permenent tax cut. Continue increasing the debt and every working class American will eventually have to work like slaves and live like paupers. Oh wait, thats what the far right want. They are trying to kill the 8 hour day as we chat.

Finally someone who made since!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
I'm seriously gonna have to stop reading these political threads. I can't believe some of the stuff I read here. It boggles the mind.
Cool

Old 06-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just sit back and laugh... that's my job here. Official laugher. And by god, the hard earned money that I make here while laughing is heavily taxed!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RockPick
I just sit back and laugh... that's my job here. Official laugher.
And by god, the hard earned money that I make here while
laughing is heavily taxed!

RP....are you LOST ???

Old 06-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by musclemann
Here is an idea to solve your tax problems:

Stop working and go hop on welfare and let the
government take care of you. Im sure you would be much happier
knowing you didnt have all that tax burden. Im in the upper
middle class and I pay my fair share of taxes(probably more than
you) seeing how I live in the Chicago area and we have some of
the highest taxable products in the country.Everytime I think
about the taxes I pay I take a look at some poor fucck on a
corner while im walking to work and I think that it could always
be worst. Who knows what happened to anyone in their life to
become homeless. It could happen to you or me. The funny thing
is all I hear in this thread is what I pay, how hard I work , and im
supporting the rest of the country. Keep believing your tax dollars
are going to the welfare queens, the poor immigrants without
health insurance , and all the other free loaders. When you open
your eyes an check out the price we paid for a war (that people
are still dying for) to eliminate W.O.D (that your president cant
find)you can continue to paste your lips all over Pat Buchanons
azz!
I don't think I ever mentioned Pats butt ... But I guarantee I
am tired of paying 6 digit tax bills ... But then as you say, since you
are paying more ... You should REALLY be pissed !!!

Old 06-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SVT_KY
RP....are you LOST ???
Well... in a word.

YES

Quick Reply: So The Poor Doesnt Pay Taxes?