I've gone to the darkside.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003 | 05:34 PM
Very sweet Brian. Ill have to stop by and check it out one day. Looks really nice! What happen to the old Mustang?

-Mike

Old 08-05-2003 | 05:42 PM
[vulture]

Any mods off the L?

mlstergadget@aol.com

[/vulture]

Good luck with the chevy

Old 08-05-2003 | 05:52 PM
Is that a Berger SS or is it just a replica?

Old 08-05-2003 | 07:19 PM
That car looks fast already. Have fun with it and take car of it.

Old 08-05-2003 | 11:26 PM
Good Luck Bro
I'm a Chevy Man and digging your choice
A S/C would really top that bad boy off

Old 08-05-2003 | 11:38 PM
ooo one of thos cars that they dont make anymore because they couldent sell them because the Mustang out sold the camaro and the firebird combined. the mustang dosent cost as much as the camaro but the 03 cobra will spank the SS camaro. the cobra dosent cost as much. that is what you should have goten.
my $0.2

Old 08-05-2003 | 11:47 PM
|
What happen to the old Mustang?
Was gonna restore it, but then I figured I needed RELIABLE transportation to and from school, especially next year when I go away. It woulda been a sweet second car though. I'll restore a fastback one of these days....

Any mods off the L?
Mr. Gadget, check your mail.

A S/C would really top that bad boy off
Nah, too expensive, cam and spray are calling me

Is that a Berger SS or is it just a replica?
Nah, just a plain jane SS with the body pieces painted...and Torque Thrust II's.. .BLING BLING

Thanks guys for the kind words, and JC, we should all get together for the FLOSF meeting, we got like 5 people

-Brian

Old 08-06-2003 | 02:55 AM
Originally posted by 91F-150302
ooo one of thos cars that they dont make anymore because they couldent sell them because the Mustang out sold the camaro and the firebird combined. the mustang dosent cost as much as the camaro but the 03 cobra will spank the SS camaro. the cobra dosent cost as much. that is what you should have goten.
my $0.2
Magnificent thinking, good job. I can see you really used your own thoughts on this and you're not just throwing out regurgitated bull**** that you heard on the mustang message board.

MSRP for an 03' Cobra.....$34,750.00 for the coupe, $38,750 for the vert.

http://www.mustangmadness.com/03svtcobra.html

MSRP for an 02' Z28, $22,830 for the stripper hatchback.
fully loaded, vert, SS package..$29,925.00,

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/n...665.htm?aid=77

Let's see, what could I do with that extra $12,000? I'll bet I could beat the **** out of a 03' cobra with less than half of that. You are, however, right about one thing....GM did stop making camaro's because sales over the last decade were pretty damn bad. Don't get me wrong, I think the cobra is a damn fine car and I'd be lucky to own one, but try thinking on your own from time to time, it might save your *** down the road.

Old 08-06-2003 | 05:04 AM
Originally posted by JohnnySchoolbus
Don't get me wrong, I think the cobra is a damn fine car and I'd be lucky to own one, but try thinking on your own from time to time, it might save your *** down the road.

Oooh ,someones ignorant *** got owned!

Old 08-06-2003 | 07:42 AM
Originally posted by kmanford
Oooh ,someones ignorant *** got owned!
Agreed.... friggin ignorance at its best....

Why would I want a car in the first place that everyone and their mother has. God I swear Mustangs are the biggest "me too" car here in south fla.....

Hey I can be ignorant too.... "Ford had to put a blower on their stang to finally beat the F-body"

Last edited by 1BADBOLT; 08-06-2003 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-06-2003 | 08:18 AM
So, what are you doing? Heads, cam, nitrous, subframe connectors, lid, free mods. How fast will it be with that? About as quick as a Lightning with a KB?

It is your money, and I'm sure you are happy, but for around $30K new for the Lightning or $30K for the SS the Lightning is a better value IMO.

Old 08-06-2003 | 08:41 AM
Banned
Originally posted by 1BADBOLT

Why would I want a car in the first place that everyone and their mother has. God I swear Mustangs are the biggest "me too" car here in south fla.....

Hey I can be ignorant too.... "Ford had to put a blower on their stang to finally beat the F-body"
If Ford was to put a N/A 5.4 into a mustang to compete cui wise, the SS would get spanked off the bat. Lets talk reality.

Lower cubic inches and forced induction, make for a cleaner running car per EPA specs and meets the CAFE specs for fuel economy. Ford has rules to play by.. GM cut the fbody because they wouldnt have met the laws set without lowering the cubes of their 350 in that car... Could you imagine an SS with a 305? lmfao.

Dont be a hater since GM doesnt have the ***** to force induct a V8. BTW, i see just as many camaro " me too " cars out here, as i do stangs. At least the stangs can be tastefully modified on the exterior...

SS's are nice cars, but i think you took a step down. Remember, you are on a Lightning board trying to give reason for departing.

Old 08-06-2003 | 09:34 AM
Originally posted by JohnnySchoolbus
Let's see, what could I do with that extra $12,000? I'll bet I could beat the **** out of a 03' cobra with less than half of that. You are, however, right about one thing....GM did stop making camaro's because sales over the last decade were pretty damn bad. Don't get me wrong, I think the cobra is a damn fine car and I'd be lucky to own one, but try thinking on your own from time to time, it might save your *** down the road.
The same argument could be made for the Mustang - Just buy a stripped entry level Mustang for 20 K or so and Add 15 k of horsepower of your own choosing. You MIGHT end up with a nice car that is really fast. Or you might end up with a PIG that isnt worth 1/2 the money you have in it and has no warranty.

Old 08-06-2003 | 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 1BADBOLT

I agree with you 100% Rich..........that's why I went with the Mach 1......................There are a whole 4 Mach 1's down here in South Fla that I know of.................2 red, including mine, 1 DSG, and a blue one...............all of us know each other, and hang out at Tower's (I haven't been in 2 months though ).

As bada$$ as the Cobras and Lightnings are, they unfortunately, have become a dime a dozen down here, which for me, doesn't work. I enjoy exclusivity as much as good performance, and I have no problem lowering my performance standards a little bit, to increase the exclusivity factor. I think I have a great mix of both.

Don't get me wrong................if life dealt me $100K, I'd gladly go back and get another Lightning, a Cobra, and still have about $35K to play with to mod all 3 of them!!

Not to take away from your thread Brian........your SS looks absolutely killer.............there aren't too many SS's with aftermarket wheels out there, but these look KILLER...........I think before you do ANY work to it, you should drive by so we can do a little friendly light-to-light action!!

JC

Old 08-06-2003 | 10:24 AM
i ment a 35 anniversary edition ss camaro you can read about the cobra beating up on the camraro in one of last years MMAFF mag it was non buyest they had people form a sister mag there that was a chevy mag the same guy drove bolth cars the did like the shift gates better on the camaro than the mustang but the cobra was faster and handled better than the camaro.