Priceless

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003 | 12:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Talking

The other guy 'has a clue' and knows what touching the ball will mean for the rest of your natural life.

Old 10-15-2003 | 01:10 PM
|
Talking

Another:

I personally think that while the guy messed up a chance for the Cubs to get Castillo out, they still choked about 5 other ways. It's too bad this guys gonna be ostracized for doing what 9 out of 10 people would probably have done anyways though. The worst part is that local radio shows gave out the guys personal information, like his name and work address. Typical of Cub fans to blame it all on this guy. Typical that the Cub players and Dusty Baker had a chance to step up and exonerate the guy and did the opposite too. Course I'm a White Sox fan, so I'm a little biased.

Old 10-15-2003 | 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
The other guy 'has a clue' and knows what touching the ball will mean for the rest of your natural life.

LMFAO OFCOURSE!!! It makes sense!!

Old 10-15-2003 | 01:19 PM
To blame the loss on that poor fan is ridiculous.
What about the botched play the shortstop made shortly after that.

Cubs are going to win tonight anyway.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:39 PM
Unhappy That kid didn't cost the cubs game 6.

That kid didn't cost the cubs game 6. The cubs cost the cubs game 6. The Cubs defense couldn't keep up with the Marlins offense for that single inning. I watched the game, and I was rooting for the cubs.. But putting blame on that kid for interfeering during the foul ball is wrong. I know "if" he didnt interfeer and "if" alou cought the ball, they may have gotten out of the inning earlier... But that didn't happen.
The second it happened, they should have put that behind them. What if the ball was playable and Alou missed it just like Gonzolez did with the grounder... Would his name be on every radio station or his face be on the front page of the paper? NO because that 1 play didnt lose the game. It was counted as a strike and they moved on. It was what happened after that single play that lost the game. Good luck to the cubs tonight going into game 7.
Shane

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:43 PM
Having caught a foul Ball, Myself
(Dusty Baker Dodger Stadium)~~~~~~~~I gotta say~~~~Its a Natural Reaction.........The ball comes at ya......you react

Old 10-15-2003 | 05:03 PM
I gotta say~~~~Its a Natural Reaction.........The ball comes at ya......you react
[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree totally. Who's to say Alou would have made the catch anyhow. While it may have flustered them, they choked afterwards. Why didn't Baker go to his closer when he had the opportunity? A-Gon booted the ball on a dp chance, so why isn't he villified?

Old 10-15-2003 | 05:14 PM
What does it matter? It's just a game. I think those who threw things at this guy should have had their sorry a$$es thrown out.

Win or lose the players still make millions of dollars more than they deserve, and they'll still cry and strike, because they don't make enough...

Quick Reply: Priceless