Priceless

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:15 PM
|
Priceless

I thought everyone might enjoy this one!

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:22 PM
UNREAL !!!!!!!!

That was CRAZY, I've been rooting for the Cubs, and I saw this happen and could not believe what he did!!!!! DOH !!!!! He's gonna need a bodygaurd for the rest of his life. WOW, I just hope the Cubs win game 7 2nite.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:25 PM
Can someone explain to me what the hell this is about, i saw this on the smoking gun but i have no idea. I don't watch sports so I can't figure out what the big deal is.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:37 PM
thanks raoul, hmmm, i don't know, i don't watch sports so this doenst seem as big of a deal to me, but from the pic it doesnt seem like the guy woulda caught the ball anyway, hes still a foot away, like 3 other people were reaching for the ball, that guy just happens to be a better catch, and 8 runs in that inning? looks like they needed more than one out to do something about that. But still people are petty and love scapegoats, so that guy better move . .. . to antartica.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:46 PM
Originally posted by grinomyte
thanks raoul, hmmm, i don't know, i don't watch sports so this doenst seem as big of a deal to me, but from the pic it doesnt seem like the guy woulda caught the ball anyway, hes still a foot away, like 3 other people were reaching for the ball, that guy just happens to be a better catch, and 8 runs in that inning? looks like they needed more than one out to do something about that. But still people are petty and love scapegoats, so that guy better move . .. . to antartica.
yeah, they got 8 runs that inning, but that could have been 2 outs which then that sacrifice wouldn't have happened and then that 3 run double wouldn't have happened.

and true it wasn't his fault because there were 3 other people going for that ball, he just seemed to get a hand on it.

i just cant beleive the home team got screwed there, got there mentals all messed up and gave the game away.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:47 PM
I heard the best explanation for this on CNBC today. "You can't really blame the guy, Cubs fans don't have any experience with a winning team" I thought that pretty much summed it up.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:49 PM
LOL

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:50 PM
Unfortunately, now that this guy's name, age, place of residence, and place of work has been publically announced on the internet, his body will probably be floating up in lake sometime next week. Let's not blame the team that sucks, it's easier to go after some baseball-loving fan who exhibited a natural reaction.

It's a shame... does anyone even watch baseball anymore? I thought it had died off after the 4th or 5th salary strike.

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Brian Baskin
It's a shame... does anyone even watch baseball anymore? I thought it had died off after the 4th or 5th salary strike.
I don't...I'm in to hockey, at least until the lock out next year

Old 10-15-2003 | 02:57 PM
I also think it's pretty poor of the Cubs to blame the loss on the kid...
That kid didn't cost the cubs game 6. The cubs cost the cubs game 6. The Cubs defense couldn't keep up with the Marlins offense for that single inning. I watched the game, and I was rooting for the cubs.. But putting blame on that kid for interfeering during the foul ball is wrong. I know "if" he didnt interfeer and "if" alou cought the ball, they may have gotten out of the inning earlier... But that didn't happen.
The second it happened, they should have put that behind them. What if the ball was playable and Alou missed it just like Gonzolez did with the grounder... Would his name be on every radio station or his face be on the front page of the paper? NO because that 1 play didnt lose the game. It was counted as a strike and they moved on. It was what happened after that single play that lost the game. Good luck to the cubs tonight going into game 7.
Shane

Old 10-15-2003 | 03:05 PM
Hang'em

j/k

Old 10-15-2003 | 03:35 PM
|
Plain and simple the kid and the people around him are all jackasses cause alou had his mit under the kids hands when the kid hit the ball. He would have caught that ball with ease and it would have completely changed the mentallity of everyone playing the game. And if you guys don't think the mental status or your players and fans effect the game then your all crazy! nobody can say wether the outcome would have been the same but the simple fact remains when your sitting right there and your in a game of that magnatude you don't try and grab the opposite teams ball!!!!!!!!! Hey maybe if sammy sosa hit the ball then I could understand more but in wrigley you throw that ***** back when its the other team anyway! If that was new york or boston that kid would have been shot right there, but those fans know to get the hell out of the way so there team can win!

The kid screwed the pooch, but what can you do you know.

Hopefully wood will pitch the game of his life cause where going to need it!

Old 10-15-2003 | 03:41 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
He would have caught that ball with ease and it would have completely changed the mentallity of everyone playing the game. And if you guys don't think the mental status or your players and fans effect the game then your all crazy! nobody can say wether the outcome would have been the same but the simple fact remains when your sitting right there and your in a game of that magnatude you don't try and grab the opposite teams ball!!!!!!!!!
They're professional multi-millionaires whose only job is to go out and hit a ball with a bat. I think they should be able to deal with the excrutiating stress of a guy touching a ball. Would it have been any different if the guy wasn't there and the player still missed the ball (there was no evidence that he could 100% even catch the ball). Yeah, this action could have swayed the game, so could a flock of swans farting in unison. If anyone is willing to shoot another over a game of stick ball, they need serious counseling.

If it had been a 10 year old reaching for it... would there be as many people calling for his head right now?

It's funny you call him kid, he's older than you, isn't he?

Old 10-15-2003 | 03:47 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Unhappy

Originally posted by Brian Baskin
... I think they should be able to deal with the excrutiating stress of a guy touching a ball...
I don't know, it happened to me once when I was getting measured for a tux and it was pretty bad.

Quick Reply: Priceless