For those of you who still care about freedom in this country

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01: First of all, your use of repel was wrong in the context you were using it in. If you want we can into that at another time.
Regarding tax cuts and deficit spending, you might find this link interesting. Try to remember that the IMF was largely a US creation and if the deficit buildup and national debt of your country continue to rise as they show every sign of doing, the IMF may be asked to step in as they did in New Zealand and nearly had to in Canada some years back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/08/bu...rint&position=

Old 01-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by sirket
How much did the market increase under Clinton? Right, just thought I would remind you.

-Don
You are correct and Clinton had President Reagan to thank for such a wonderful economy...

By the way, not absolutely sure, but there were very few years during your buddies time in office that the markets seen a 23% - 25% gain in any one year.

President Bush, with tax cuts was able to make that happen AFTER 9/11 and AFTER the Clinton recession, again another FACT that goes to PROVE that tax cuts work EVERY single time they are tried…

Old 01-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just pray to God that President Bush was and is the President because if it had been Algore we would have had many more terrorist attacks. Algore is a good friend and best buddy of the Coward Dean and thus he would had stood by like a little wussbag and watch things happen “wishing upon a magical star” for it to go away…
It boils down to this:

I would rather die free than live in tyranny, and you wouldn't.

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm glad it boiled down to something because there wasn't much left in the pot.
After re-reading this entire thread I couldn't help but notice that no one has even mentioned the Embargo of 1835. What about that, huh?

Last edited by Raoul; 01-08-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by arrbilly
01: First of all, your use of repel was wrong in the context you were using it in. If you want we can into that at another time.
Regarding tax cuts and deficit spending, you might find this link interesting. Try to remember that the IMF was largely a US creation and if the deficit buildup and national debt of your country continue to rise as they show every sign of doing, the IMF may be asked to step in as they did in New Zealand and nearly had to in Canada some years back.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/08/bu...rint&position=
Damn, what happen you walk into a wall and bump your head or something?

That is nothing more then a liberal myth dreamed up by someone who smoked to much angle dust or fairy dust or both…

Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
You are correct and Clinton had President Reagan to thank for such a wonderful economy...
Why didn't it help Bush Sr.? Does it skip a generation like diabetes?

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 PM
That is nothing more then a liberal myth dreamed up by someone who smoked to much angle dust or fairy dust or both…
Yeah! That whole IMF thing is just an invention of the liberal media. It does not exist. Wait! Stop! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 01:04 PM
After re-reading this entire thread I couldn't help but notice that no one has even mentioned the Embargo of 1835. What about that, huh?
Erm... what Embargo of 1835?

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Erm... what Embargo of 1835?

-Don
How soon we forget.

Ezra Clinton was caught behind the White House Out House with a Hession Intern and beaten with a cane by one Mallous O'Reilly, prompting a certain Thadeous Bush to enact an embargo on both canes and Hession Interns.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Damn, what happen you walk into a wall and bump your head or something?

??? I fail to see the "liberal myth" connection to a draconian ultra right wing institute. Ask the good people of N.Z. how liberal the economic restructuring they went through was. They'll laugh in your face. I think the only person smoking too much angel dust is you. It's blinded you to reality as I have stated on more than one occasion. Your blind devotion to your warped ideology as left you unable to consider anything that doesn't fit in to your narrow view.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:09 PM
I think the only person smoking too much angel dust is you.
OH, Angel Dust! I had thought "Angle Dust" was a new designer drug and I got excited

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Raoul
How soon we forget.

Ezra Clinton was caught behind the White House Out House with a Hession Intern and beaten with a cane by one Mallous O'Reilly, prompting a certain Thadeous Bush to enact an embargo on both canes and Hession Interns.
Oh the you mean EzraGate! I thought the Embargo didn't happen until 1837 though.

-Don

Old 01-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile

Here is an actual tidbit of info about 1835.

Seems the President at the time, Andrew Jackson was **** about the National Debt, wanted it paid off and did whatever he could to reach that goal.

He did not succeed however, at one point he got it down to

$35,000 that's 35 (thousand dollars).

Old 01-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by arrbilly
if the deficit buildup and national debt of your country continue to rise as they show every sign of doing, the IMF may be asked to step in as they did in New Zealand and nearly had to in Canada some years back.
I have to remember I have a liberal audience here and need to explain things as “simple” as possible…

I was referring to the liberal myth of “the IMF may be asked to step in” as in to somehow assist America because of our national debt…

Here is the thing, if we stopped sending payments off all over the world and helping the poor morons that can’t seem to do it on their own (otherwise known as a GRAND liberal social program) we would basically wipe out our national debt within weeks…

America will never need the assistance of other countries, our debt is just fine and is not going to need some second hand nation or nations to step in to help us. If it is so out of control how about you liberals go stand on the mountain peaks and scream to the world that we need to end the GRAND liberal social program give-a-way America has been funding for decades…

It is so true that you liberals totally freak out when out of power and knowing you will not regain power for decades to come, I guess it would feel very lonely being a very small group of people, very little minority group of fantasy wishers watching your dreams of power melt away…

A good day for America is a bad day for the liberals, good news for America (tax cuts work) is bad news for liberals…

Old 01-08-2004, 03:17 PM
You want tax cuts, fine but then you need to cut the budget as well.
Agreed. Which is something I wish Bush and the gov't would do. That stupid drug bill and entitlement programs is an excellent place to start.

But the point still remains that tax cuts will help the economy to increase.

The other problem I have with the Bush tax cuts is that they favor those who are least likely to spend it (those making over $150k a year). Under Bush's tax cuts, corporations would not pay taxes on dividends.

Warren Buffet wrote a great essay about this. He said Bush's tax cuts would allow him to put 300 million dollars in his pocket. "So what?" he asked. What is he going to do with another 300 million dollars? He would just end up sticking it in the bank.
But plenty of other rich people will spend it and invest it. They may need that extra butler or maid around the house, a little more cash how about they buy that 4th summer house, need a new car to out due Joe Smith b/c he beat you at last weeks golf game?

Which also go along with this:
Tax cuts should be given to the poor and middle class. Not because they deserve it more, but because they are more likely to spend it.
True. It is more likely that 1,000 people will buy widget X's for $100 then one rich person would buy a $100,00 car.

The question raised from that is who is going to foot the bill for the decrease in money coming from the poor and middle class? Make the rich pay for it, they're already footing a majority of the bill. Treat them any more unfairly and what is going to stop them from packing up and moving to another country?

Overall I think we agree on most of this subject, except the rich.

My tax dollars should not be spent so that schools can spend an hour a day preaching to other kids. It is up to parents to teach their children about religion, not a school.
The opposite is true for parents who send there kids to private and/or religous schools. They're helping to foot the bill for public schools and paying for their kid(s) to go to a private school, a double whamy.

Somewhere in there is a compromise for both which goes together with or could cause a much needed revamping the public education system. Instead of vouchers how about a tax break for those sending their kids to private schools? Of course that leaves all the people with no kids or kids out of school getting stuck with the bill.

Aside from some major changes in the public education system, you are correct that parental involvment is a huge thing.

Quick Reply: For those of you who still care about freedom in this country