Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy For those of you who still care about freedom in this country

For those of you who still care about freedom in this country:

http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.c...d=482778&rfi=6

-Don

Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
$167.45 Checking and only $762.12 Savings?

Man, no wonder you're so bitter.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's old news now. True freedom is an illusion. Technically, you never own any land or vehicles in this country since you pay taxes on them every year. Don't pay your property taxes and see how long you keep the land you 'own'. Here comes big brother, in more ways than one.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Ok that response actually caused me to fall off my chair laughing

Besides which, aren't you under a gag order with that information?

-Don

Old 01-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There coming to getcha...

Old 01-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
I just typed it.
It was Frank that gave me the numbers.

Old 01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Really Old "Member"
Raoul:

Even more fun is to tap into Jeb's daughters files.
By the way, my spam blocker has been pretty much bulletproof in stopping the Social Security Fund from tapping into my bank account. Obviously they got the routing number but I have only lost about 20 bucks so far and I am going to stop payment on those transactions.
Now, about Charlton Heston being a fellow CPU operative????

Oh, and not to forget, Burt, I told you so. They will not tell us the truth until after we have died. Gotta love those Saturday Bill Signings.
Bill

Old 01-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Bill, I don't know about Charlie. I'm not a CPU operative.

I was recruited as a S.A.M. 19 years ago.
I believe there are at least two and possibly three other SAM operatives on this site.

It was fun back in the old days but, I didn't know I could never retire when I became a SAM.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:15 PM
That's old news now. True freedom is an illusion.
True freedom is only an illusion as long as people such as you and I are willing to overlook a powergrab like this.

We have complete freedom to vote Bush out of office and vote in someone who will restore our rights. The sad thing is, I doubt that is what is going to happen.

The worst part of this whole power grab is, it really doesn't make me feel any safer. New York issued Atropine to National Guard soldiers last week because they feared a a N/C/B attack by terrorists. This just doesn't make me feel safe.

-Don

Old 01-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Quote from an old liberal who went by the name, Benjamin Franklin.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Old 01-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by sirket
New York issued Atropine to National Guard soldiers last week because they feared a a N/C/B attack by terrorists. This just doesn't make me feel safe.

-Don
Well truth be told no one is as safe as they once were. This is not the fault of the current President, this is just reality and where we are at.

Let’s simplify this, imagine you’re in your home and you have absolutely no way to defend yourself. You have a group of guys outside your door trying to break it down and they are well equipped and once they are in they ARE going to kill you.

As much as you or I, if we were in that situation, would like to wish for it to go away, in reality its not and you have to deal with it because once they get in your house you DEAD.

That’s what we are faced with today after many years of neglecting terrorism throughout the world. Most people have just hoped it would go away, just going on with their everyday life “wishing” it away.

Well it is here today, it either gets dealt with or the door is going to be broken down…

Old 01-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote from an old liberal who went by the name, Benjamin Franklin.
What's funny is that 'ol Ben was liberal in his day. Today he would be called a right-wing conservative.

True freedom is only an illusion as long as people such as you and I are willing to overlook a powergrab like this.
True.

We have complete freedom to vote Bush out of office
I have learned it doesn't matter what party is in office. The power grab is on and there is no stopping it. Not unless more Americans wake up and call their congressmen/women. I do regularly email/snail mail them.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
I have learned it doesn't matter what party is in office. The power grab is on and there is no stopping it. Not unless more Americans wake up and call their congressmen/women. I do regularly email/snail mail them.
So very true.

It's very sad how many people only care about what affects their life in the now and nothing else. That is how people are lured into a false security.

Let me be king for a day ...

Old 01-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Let’s simplify this, imagine you’re in your home and you have absolutely no way to defend yourself. You have a group of guys outside your door trying to break it down and they are well equipped and once they are in they ARE going to kill you.
XLT,

You and I have disagreed on this many times before so I do not expect anything to change now.

I was completely in favor of the war in Afghanistan. I was in favor of it because I felt that the war would benefit the people of Afghanistan and because I firmly believed that the Taliban were a real threat to me.

The war also sent a very clear and powerful message that the US was not playing games when it came to terrorism. "We lose two buildings, you lose a country." Pretty strong message if you ask me.

The problem I have is what we have done since Afghanistan. Instead of giving these countries a little time to get their act together and realize that we meant business, we have now made them desperate. "It doesn't matter what we do, the US is going to attack us anyway."

You need to treat these countries like you would an errant child. You may spank your kid, but then you must be there to comfort them afterwards. If you aren't, the kid grows up to be abusive instead of upstanding.

The same thing is true of countries. Instead of helping Germany to rebuild after WWI, we walked away and it got us WWII. After WWII, we helped Germany to rebuild and it got us a strong trading partner and a stable (Western) Europe.

The second war in Iraq was a pointless venture to capture a guy who I (and countless others) do not believe was a serious threat to this country (Just my opinion mind you). At the same time we have allowed our civil liberties to be thrown out the window in the interest of "security."

The threat that terrorism poses to this country is not the loss of life. Americans have always been willing to die for their freedom. The real threat that terrorism poses is the loss of freedoms that we now face as a country.

The essential difference between us is that I would rather die free than live in tyranny. I am actually surprised you don't understand this seeing as New Hampshires' motto is "Live Free or Die."

-Don

Old 01-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
sirket, Let's simplify this. You are at a busy intersection, as the light changes in your favor you look down and notice one of your shoes is untied. You have no choice but to go and half way across you step on a nail. You are now in alot of pain and can't continue. You are carrying only a chainsaw, as usual, and this foot has given you nothing but trouble since the light changed.
What do you do? Do you just wait for the cars to hit you? I don't think so.

Quick Reply: For those of you who still care about freedom in this country