Actually Sat In A SRT-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004 | 11:04 AM
|
Actually Sat In A SRT-10

Our local dealer got one in. I go down there in the L of course and there are these two salesman. I walk in and he makes some stupid comment about a Ford driver. I asked him if this is the way he treats all potential customers and he says "only the Ford ones." What a ****, but anyhow the other guy was nice. He kept on mentioning how straight the truck goes when he got on it. Obviously he never really got on it or he would've gone sideways.

Nevertheless the interior except for the cheap dash looks good. The seats are comefy, but oh my freaking goodness is the thing huge. It sits way up like a 4x4 and the price. With the dealer markup it was $52300 give or take a few bucks. The saleman asked what I paid for mine and when I told him under $29k, well, he didn't say anymore. Nice truck I guess but way to pricey.

Old 03-15-2004 | 11:19 AM
What dealership was that at?

Old 03-15-2004 | 11:33 AM
Re: Actually Sat In A SRT-10

Originally posted by MHMCGILL
I walk in and he makes some stupid comment about a Ford driver. I asked him if this is the way he treats all potential customers and he says "only the Ford ones." What a ****, but anyhow the other guy was nice. He kept on mentioning how straight the truck goes when he got on it. Obviously he never really got on it or he would've gone sideways.

Wow, at that point I would have gone straight to the manager and asked him/her if that kind of treatment is normal and if they think DaimlerChrysler would like to know that is how their dealers are trying to win customers over from other makes. That cr*p would never fly in a Lexus dealersip.

Randy

Old 03-15-2004 | 11:47 AM
|
Naw, I would only do that if I was going to actually buy one. The dealership is in Washington state.

Old 03-15-2004 | 12:02 PM
I have a few friends in the car selling biz, and they would never say anything like that... unless the customer said something similar first. Smart salesmen always try to feel out the customer before shooting their mouth's off like that, he wont be selling cars for very long if he keeps it up, salesmen are a dime a dozen

Old 03-15-2004 | 02:14 PM
I sell cars for a living, and what he did was really stupid. You never dis a customer no matter what they're driving. I won't even bash another brand, I'll simply show why I think the Ford is a better product. You bash a Chevy truck when you're talking to a Chevy guy, you've just lost a sale. I have crossed people over to Ford from other brands, but it was based on fact and enthusiasm. Like "Konig" said, he won't last long.

Old 03-16-2004 | 01:55 PM
Wink Never let the opertunity to slap the shiznit out of an A-hole pass you by

Originally posted by MHMCGILL
Our local dealer got one in. I go down there in the L of course and there are these two salesman. I walk in and he makes some stupid comment about a Ford driver. I asked him if this is the way he treats all potential customers and he says "only the Ford ones."
At that point I would have b!tch slapped the shidt out of him and when everyone ran up to see what all the ruckus was about I would have said in my most pisssed off voice "I come here ready to spend 50k on a SRT-10 only to have this JERK insult me." By then the manager will come out if he isn't already there at which point I'd turn to him and say "I'm going to buy one of these trucks but you can bet your assss it won't be from THIS dealership." Then I would have waltzed out of there, and I'm sure they would be doing there best to convince me to reconcider.

Old 03-16-2004 | 02:09 PM
|
I don't know. Since they knew I wasn't serious, I can't say the jerk would deserve that yet. The thing that sort of bugs me is that I am in a reletively small town and so it seems odd to have any sort of negative dealings when you will basically run into him at some point weather it be the grocery store of gas station.

Life is just a little too short to get to upset over a car, although I have done that before.

Old 03-16-2004 | 04:19 PM
I have always had a huge problem with a local dealership near me. They scam everyone they deal with, and I even caught them red handed when they tried it with me. (for the second time)

I wanted to burn that dealership to the ground, but of course I didnt. Justice eventually came when they were on TV for fraud. The corporation who owns them as well as some other local dealerships were caught with all sorts of charges at all their dealerships.

I don’t think I have ever smiled so wide as when I saw it on the news...

Quick Reply: Actually Sat In A SRT-10