Oh, boy... Here goes.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the civilian world buddy. And thanks for defendeing our country. Get used to the thank yous and the soon to be millions of questions. I got out just after Desert Storm/desert Shield and was thanked for serving (although people didnt appredciate the military as much back then as they do now).

Im not sure what your life style is or was in the militay, but it will be an adjustment when you get out. It's all kind of overwhelming at first and takes some getting used to, but dont worry, you'll be fine. Once I got out it took me about a year to actually "get out".Well take care and let us know if you need any help or encouraging words. Hope your road to recovery is a smooth one. And although no words are good enough to say, I am sorry for the lose of your friends. Nothing can or will ever heal that pain.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Along with everyone, I would like to thank you for your service to our country. I'm glad things have worked out for you but I am very sorry to hear about your lost friends. I fully support the cause but it's always a tragedy when lives are lost.

I wish you luck in your complete recovery and your entry into the civilian life. We are looking at civilian lives ourselves although for a different reason. My husband is retiring from the Coast Guard after 22 years so I understand a little of what you're going through. As BREWDUDE says, it's all a little overwhelming. Best of luck to you and yours.

Quick Reply: Oh, boy... Here goes.