metal jerry can/gas can in California

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thanks, I bought a plastic can from Walmart. But I'll return it and get a different brand from another store.

Originally posted by PONY_DRIVER
I have one of those plastic Blitz cans from Walmart, damn thing leaks e'rwhere. The weak link in them is where the spout connects to the can. If you can find one, place a washer or gasket in the screw on portion of it to help prevent the leaks. As for metal or plastic, I'd say plastic is better for a number of reasons. Less static transfer, don't rust, won't dent easily etc.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:31 AM
It's not defective, they just all leak. Basicaly what I SHOULD have said was this, don't store it in a garage. You'll have a room full of fumes and I'm sure you can figure out all kinds of neat things that might happen then. Check out the survival section of www.ar15.com, they had an extensive review of the pro's and cons' of metal vs plastic containers as well as brands.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:41 PM
www.sportys.com sells the steel gas cans,these are a better then the old jerry type.They say in the mag that they are for commercial and are coated inside and out.

Quick Reply: metal jerry can/gas can in California