What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cstamper
I ALWAYS turn back around and take a couple of looks at it as I walk away.
Oh god! Me too!

Old 05-06-2006, 04:20 PM
well where do i start, the inlaws dont believe in a clean truck, and ride my butt untill no end b-cuz it's "JUST A TRUCK" a clean truck to me = a happy me!! dont think about putting you feet in the seat shoes on or off!! dont touch the headliner, why must people do that? if there is no floor mat then your feet dont belong there! now back to the inlaws: for almost 11years now i have caught crap from them about my clean trucks, one day they went and bought a new dodge truck and my father in law told his wife hey i am gonna go get some gravel where are your keys? man did the mom in law come un glued!!! U AINT GONNA USE MY TRUCK AND MESS IT ALL UP!!!! well i could not resist so i sounded out with : COME ON NOW IT IS JUST A TRUCK!!! but any way if you are in my truck you are my guest, do not in any way shape or form disgrace my truck with your filthy self!!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 02:44 AM
1. All vents have to be straight up or down and the cigarette lighter straight across
2. Steering wheel has to be straight when I park
3. All things that come in with you go out with you!
4. I reset my trip evertime I get in the truck
5. Radio has to be on an even number(aftermarket radio)
6. DO NOT TOUCH MY RADIO OR A/C!!!
7. Unless you dont want to pay for a new window, don't slam my door!!!
8. Dont touch my dash or anything else for that matter with your greasy fingers.
9. The 12V acc. door has to be shut when not in use
10. What makes you think you can put your feet on my seats and dash!!!
11. Windows have to at the same height if not all the way down.
12. If you have grass or anything else other then the rubber on your shoes take them off or clean them off before you get in.
13. Do not tell me that a c***y,d***e, n****n or a t****a "looks good" while you're sitting in my truck(actually happened I left a buddy of mine on the side of the road because of this..... NO JOKE!!!)
14. Unless you want to make a payment, don't ask to borrow my truck
15. Do not touch my visors!

there are more but I think I've made myself look crazy enough for now.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I've got three:
The first one is the rearview mirror, manual type. The day/night tab is pushed FORWARD towards the FRONT of the vehicle for "DAY" and pulled back towards the REAR of the vehicle for "NIGHT". I have made sure that my wife was instructed in the proper operation of the mirror before she drove any of our vehicles. I don't have to be concerned about that now with the auto dimming mirror that's in my truck now, but that is a pet peeve of mine.

The second one is.......it seems like anytime she is riding with me in my truck, she seems to have to pull down the visor to primp whenever I have to make a right turn out of a parking lot, or anytime I am making a right turn from a stop. Grrrrrr!

The last one......people leaning on the side of the truck or wiping dirt off of the paint. That really pizzes me off to no end. They have no idea that it WILL scratch the paint!

Yes, I'm ****....

Old 05-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Windshield fogging up

If the windshield fogs over you are suppose to use the dang defrost not your friggin' hands or a paper towel to clean it. Oh my god MY PET PEAVE. .. you touch my windshield you will pay with a broken hand, or face.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Talking

I climb in the truck after a day of successful deer hunting. Dead deer haphazardly thrown in the scratched up bed. Muddy boots hit the carpet since floor mats are all crooked or missing and muddy butt hits the seat. Sweat soaked back goes directly onto the seat back. Sweaty and bloody right arm rests directly on mid-seat console. A piece of mud goes in the cupholder. Left hand begins digging for sunglasses in 4 inch layer of everything imaginable on dash. Old mail, rags, owners manual, 4 boxes of 30.06 shells, tools, change, caps and dust. Turn key, ignition switch and key get dirty. Seat belt won’t retract all the way, so it’s pushed out of the way, soon to be flapping in the wind and beating on the plastic door parts and occasionally hitting the back window. Turn on the vent for some blowing air even though all the vents are facing every which way. Fan control **** gets muddy. Punch the radio button with bloody finger. Grab shifter for drive and shifter stick gets muddy and bloody. Use 4x4 to wade through sticky, slippery mud road until finally hit some gravel. Yeah, gravel! Then I hear that sweet sweet sound of mud mixed with gravel beginning to hit the underside of the truck as the wheels begin to turn faster and faster. The sound is almost deafening. Hit the highway for home, admiring the 2 trails of mud I’m leaving on the asphalt, picturing my wheel wells as a slight smile comes to my face. Stop for eats and drinks to go. Grab miscellaneous change off dash with bloody right hand and dig between seats for more. My right hand and arm are almost clean now! Slam truck door with filthy left hand directly on paint. Unknowingly parked really close to concrete filled steel post and opened door against it. A little too hard I guess, since it leaves a mark. Back on road, spill coffee, coke and sandwich crumbs all over the cab. Toss empty cans in the back, while some leftover drops manage to spray onto the passenger side window and seat from tossing motion. Meanwhile, deer blood seeps thru the gap between tailgate and bed and ends up cooked onto the hot SS exhaust tips. Get home, parking crooked in driveway. Have 3 buddies with paper plate size belt buckles lean over bed to admire big deer. I leave the truck like that for, well, ever! Every now and then it rains enough and I run through standing water for my free wash job.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Old 05-17-2006, 10:45 AM
OK I'm glad I'm at the right place! I get ragged on constantly about my truck! From my friends, wife, neighbors, and family! I am guilty of all the above things in this 11 page post. My wife complains about the leather being too slick (I condition the seats every month) I use only select cleaning products from auto detailing shops. I have to special orde most of them. If I don't like the way the water runns off the hood when I wash the truck it gets another coat of polish(Satin Gloss only!) MF towels are color coded. All vents need to be at 45deg angles for each seating positions pointed slightly down. The key has to be pointed up and the remote has to be pointed towards me. Mirrors and glass must be spotless. I hate DUST! I have a California duster and it gets used daily.... sometimes 2 or 3 times daily. The black leather in my truck has to be spotless! If you're not clean... don't get in my truck. If your shoes are muddy then don't get in my truck! Close the door by the handle and please don't leave fingerprints! Thats what the handle is for. Nothing on the dash or in the cupholders! It drives my crazy! My truck always looks better than anyone elses.... I always get better $$$$ at trade in time also! I do pull my wheels off and clean the inside of the rims and backs of the tires! This is a must. There are plenty more but I guess I'm not the only one like this..... My wife thinks I'm the only one. Oh speaking of her..... NO ONE drives my truck.... not even her. She has a brand new vehicle... she doesn't need to drive mine!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 AM
^^^^ Nobody drives my truck but ME. I do make a few exceptions when it comes to unloading the boat, but I do all of the backing up, they just pull it out of the water.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:43 AM
When i go to the car wash i spen a good 2-3 dollars on the spot free rinse alone

Old 05-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by roboots21
Use the outside door handles to CLOSE the door when getting out of the truck. My girlfriend is always putting greasy fingerprints on the outside of my door cause she always forgets to close the door by the handle when she gets out. And when someone else drives my truck, they always put a big freakin' thumbprint right on top of my shift **** in the console. I HATE that!
You let someone else drive your TRUCK????????

Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Raoul
Last August it was about 97 degrees outside and my AC was broken. I sat through rush hour traffic with all the windows up.

I figure it was about 145 degrees inside the cab but, I didn't want anyone around to know I didn't have AC.

I was hoping they would think I had recently left the swimming pool down at the Country Club.

Later, I found out I was actually driving towards the Country Club.

I wasn't for sure exactly where the Country Club was because they won't let me in there.
Remember the song by Travis Tritt "Im a member of the Country Club" ???

Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by deano2
I climb in the truck after a day of successful deer hunting. Dead deer haphazardly thrown in the scratched up bed. Muddy boots hit the carpet since floor mats are all crooked or missing and muddy butt hits the seat. Sweat soaked back goes directly onto the seat back. Sweaty and bloody right arm rests directly on mid-seat console. A piece of mud goes in the cupholder. Left hand begins digging for sunglasses in 4 inch layer of everything imaginable on dash. Old mail, rags, owners manual, 4 boxes of 30.06 shells, tools, change, caps and dust. Turn key, ignition switch and key get dirty. Seat belt won’t retract all the way, so it’s pushed out of the way, soon to be flapping in the wind and beating on the plastic door parts and occasionally hitting the back window. Turn on the vent for some blowing air even though all the vents are facing every which way. Fan control **** gets muddy. Punch the radio button with bloody finger. Grab shifter for drive and shifter stick gets muddy and bloody. Use 4x4 to wade through sticky, slippery mud road until finally hit some gravel. Yeah, gravel! Then I hear that sweet sweet sound of mud mixed with gravel beginning to hit the underside of the truck as the wheels begin to turn faster and faster. The sound is almost deafening. Hit the highway for home, admiring the 2 trails of mud I’m leaving on the asphalt, picturing my wheel wells as a slight smile comes to my face. Stop for eats and drinks to go. Grab miscellaneous change off dash with bloody right hand and dig between seats for more. My right hand and arm are almost clean now! Slam truck door with filthy left hand directly on paint. Unknowingly parked really close to concrete filled steel post and opened door against it. A little too hard I guess, since it leaves a mark. Back on road, spill coffee, coke and sandwich crumbs all over the cab. Toss empty cans in the back, while some leftover drops manage to spray onto the passenger side window and seat from tossing motion. Meanwhile, deer blood seeps thru the gap between tailgate and bed and ends up cooked onto the hot SS exhaust tips. Get home, parking crooked in driveway. Have 3 buddies with paper plate size belt buckles lean over bed to admire big deer. I leave the truck like that for, well, ever! Every now and then it rains enough and I run through standing water for my free wash job.
Geesh -- and I don't even take my truck out in the rain.....

Old 05-18-2006, 03:45 PM
My vents need to be all be in sequence. If one is off, Im pulling over and fixing it.

Old 05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sirshan
My vents need to be all be in sequence. If one is off, Im pulling over and fixing it.
I might want to do that because I'm **** but, I don't know what it is.

I do know that driving around 'out of sequence' sounds like I'm going to hell for sure.

Help me.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?