What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm.. dude,, u just went beyond the limit i think. the line between crazy and obsessed

Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 PM
With the stock stereo, the volume has to be a whole bar instead of a half. If it's an aftermarket stereo, it has to be on a number ending in 5 or 0.

I'm trying to break this though, as sometimes the best volume doesn't fit under this...

Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by flareside4life
I must say I noticed this thread shortly after I joined, but I never took the time to read it. Whew! I feel much better about my quirks and pet peeves, I feel more sane that there are at least 100 more of you as crazy as me.

1. Floormats must be straight at all times with the foot rest under the e-brake
2. After washing the windows must be so clean you can't see them(no streaks)
3. The wheel wells must be clean, nothing looks better than shiny paint in a wheel well
4. No tire shine, the overspray drives me nuts
5. Do not touch my radio
6. Ask permission to change AC settings
7. No trash at all in my truck, or I will return it to the owner
8. Feet DO NOT touch the carpet, that's what my rubber mats are for
9. So what if I hit the beach 3-4X a week, sand only touches floormats and is removed from said mats same day
10. Windows must be fully up or down
11. Windows are not to be touched for 24 hours after washing
12. Do not touch the lumbar or height of the seat(mom), i have back problems it's not nice
13. I have to deem spaces safe to park in(sometimes I'll actually take down the info of the cars next to me if they look scary), in a college with more students than spaces this is difficult(sometimes I cruise the lots for an hour looking for a space) and once parked in said spot, I must park straight and center. I also move the truck periodically to keep all sun damage equal on all places when I can't use the cover due to wind
14. All AC vents must have flush edges with the dash
15. DO NOT touch my windows under any circumstances
16. Shoulder belts on the side must be fully retracted and straight, and the lap belts must be buckled with half the belt slack neatly tucked in the seat
17. When washing the truck no half-assing, all the chrome and wheels must look like a glass mirror including the K&N tube under the hood

That's all I can think of at the moment, but maybe I'm not as sane as I think I am , all these pet peeves and I'm only 18 I'm scared to think about me as a senile old man in 50 years.

P.S. Does anyone else name their truck? Mines name is Frank and after any close calls in Little Saigon, I always reassure him that everything is ok.

Edit: Why isn't this thread a sticky, it should be.
Holy shiite, that is some serious OCD there...

Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by SRockwood
With the stock stereo, the volume has to be a whole bar instead of a half. If it's an aftermarket stereo, it has to be on a number ending in 5 or 0.

I'm trying to break this though, as sometimes the best volume doesn't fit under this...
Haha I think that's more like O.C.D.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 AM
SRockwood,

You really have a Sentra that runs 12's on street tires, or is my thinking way off??

Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by flareside4life
SRockwood,

You really have a Sentra that runs 12's on street tires, or is my thinking way off??
Yep. It's my overpowered beer can...

Slightly large turbo, stock bottom end (including head gasket). I'm going to drop a low compression motor with ARP studs and a cometic headgasket for 500-600whp and low 11s on street tires this winter. That time was with my road race alignment and some 225-45-17" street tires (Hankooks). It would be faster on slicks, but it's way too scary.

The best is when I race Vipers, they never see it coming (and usually laugh at me) until I run away from them laying rubber in 5th...

Last edited by SRockwood; 12-22-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:42 AM
1. DO NOT SLAM MY G***AMN DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. DO NOT SLAM MY *******ING DOORS!!!!!!
3. YOU do not eat in my truck. I can because, it is MY truck, I pay for it, I clean it. If I get it dirty it is my fault.
The rest I make up as the situation requires.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:31 AM
the biggest two things for me are slamming the doors, and the worst of all is when two people get in the passenger sides, the person sitting up front slams the DAGUM door without the extra door being closed!!!! AHHHHHH talk about pain...!! i cant stress it enough.. .

Old 12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Everybody complains about how picky I'm about parking , I park far away from everybody. Good exersize and no door dings to date (2 years).

Old 12-24-2006, 03:02 PM
i HATE when people just slide out of the seats to get out of my truck, i have step bars for a reason....use em

Old 12-24-2006, 09:35 PM

That is hilarious!!! I had to have mine the same way until I went to aftermarket. Now it must be on an even number...

Old 12-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep. It's my overpowered beer can...

The best is when I race Vipers, they never see it coming (and usually laugh at me) until I run away from them laying rubber in 5th...

All I can say is DAMN!!!! Thats a rocket. I wonder what your horsepower to weight ratio is?

Old 12-27-2006, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by 00Ford4X4
All I can say is DAMN!!!! Thats a rocket. I wonder what your horsepower to weight ratio is?
5.73lbs per whp, 4.99 per crank hp.

BTW, damned car makes right at 400lb-ft of torque...

Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tschultz123
the biggest two things for me are slamming the doors, and the worst of all is when two people get in the passenger sides, the person sitting up front slams the DAGUM door without the extra door being closed!!!! AHHHHHH talk about pain...!! i cant stress it enough.. .
Yeah, I've been known to wait for the other doors to be closed before I open my door to keep the impending slam mitigated somewhat. I have my 11 year old trained fairly well, now to work on my mother who seems to think the door needs to be torn off the hinges to make it shut properly.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Steve,

All I have to say is your rocket has the right to wear a "V-8 Killer" license plate frame.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?