What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, bear with me:

- NEVER close the front door before the half doors. Stupid girls do that all the time. They get out of the truck, somebody else gets out of the back and WHAM! the person shuts the front door first. Just thinking about it makes me shudder and cringe
- Radio volume can't be left with a half bar (That is pretty bad)
- I always turn the A/C off before turning the truck off
- Never move my seat, because every time it's moved I feel like I can never really get it right again
- I HATE it when people move my rearview mirror. It has to be lined up perfectly with the toolbox. My friends move it on purpose just to **** me off and it takes me days to get it right again
- Don't leave the seatbelt tangled and twisted
- My engine must be clean and presentable
- Don't peel my frickin' Lariat sticker off. Yes, a friend of mine said "Oh my God! You have a sticker on the side of your truck!" She then proceeded to pick the bottom half of the 't' off.

And the final (that I can remember), most pertinent matter:
- I ABSOLUTELY HATE this. I call it the "transmission yank." I hate it when people are driving and they don't come to a complete stop before shifting gears. My sister was driving my truck with me once and she backed out of the driveway at like 20 mph and then, without even slowing down, just threw it into drive. My truck jolted forward. Needless to say, I was pissed. I cannot show what I said to her here because I will be banned from this website, but it was not pretty. She never drove my truck again.... So, come to a complete stop before shifting into or out of P, R, D, or other.

That's all I can think of for now, except maybe don't tell me how to drive. If you're not talking about sports, trucks, women, or food, then shut the hell up or get the hell out.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most all of the previous posts and

ATC always set at an even number 72, 70, 68,

Towels always carry extra towels to dust, wipe rain off the door or whatever

All radio stations (AM, FM, XM) set in order from lowest to highest numbers

If raining, Turn wipers off when parked

Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
OK, heres one I did the other day when I was putting on a new belt. I got the new belt halfway on and realized the white writing on the belt was backwards. So I took it off and flipped it around, now it can be read properly if standing in front of truck.
Not that I would ever need to read it anyway.

Thats bad.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This one has kind of migrated from 'Detailing' to 'General Qwirk'. That said, I'm going to push it down to General.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
This one has kind of migrated from 'Detailing' to 'General Qwirk'. That said, I'm going to push it down to General.
Yeah, I just posted when it was in C&D, then I went back to GD to check on things and I went WHOA... did I do that?!

Old 01-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey why did you do that RP? You stole my post count I just got fifteen minutes ago when it was in Care and Detailing.

Bah Humbug.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by roboots21
Use the outside door handles to CLOSE the door when getting out of the truck. My girlfriend is always putting greasy fingerprints on the outside of my door cause she always forgets to close the door by the handle when she gets out. And when someone else drives my truck, they always put a big freakin' thumbprint right on top of my shift **** in the console. I HATE that!

x 2 (Or however many people have said that....)

I also hate people touching my sun visors... You should've worn your shades... If I don't have my shade pulled and I'm driving, you don't need yours to ride! But, if I have pulled mine, feel free to use yours...

Oh, and DO NOT ADJUST MY FREAKING RADIO! I don't care, volume, station, track, whatever...

Old 01-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The other day my we were heading out to the store and my wife grabbed some markers for my son to use on this new Christmas gift, a colring poster of Earnhardt jr.'s car, I almost had a cow, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I hate that look that I get, and it doesn't matter who it is, when I say That ain't going in my truck!

Old 01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I LOVE a "Sleeper"...

If I had the money, I'd have a 600 - 700 HP 2000 Expedition XLT.

The only sign it was "possibly" modified, would be the lowered stance, and rear sway bar. Nothing is better than busting the butt of the over-confident, unsuspecting sap...

I miss my 1997 Maxima SE 5-Sp.! I have "stunned" a few 5.0's in my day.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 PM
If the vehicle has window cranks they all have to be at the same angle when the windows are closed. Floor mats in allignment always.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Door slamming..... I'm pathetic, I'd rather not get the door shut and have to open it and shut it agian than to salm it. If Danny comes around here, he is my work partner and tha twas one of the first things he noticed when I was riding in his truck, that I wouldnt shut the door hard enough. It's a new truck with 1900 miles... you shouldnt have to slam them, they should click shut.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought I had problems. At 15 years of age, the only repetative things I find myself fixing are:

- A/C vent angles. All have to be the same and facing forward so they are flush with the dash.

- A/C *****. All have to be facing up or the same direction.

- Parking stance. My truck has to be in the "ditches" (little wheel pits that the weight of thr truck shushed down, when parking, I let it rock back and forth until all four wheels are sitting in their ditch) Also has to be parallel with my dad's '06 Solara and the parking brake has to be pushed all the way, sheering wheel straight, trannie in 1st gear, and CD player off and closed (motorized face that folds down to allow you to insert/remove CD's)

I love it when I ride with my parents in their car and we pull into the driveway and I say: "Look at my beautiful white stallion!" They just smirk....

My truck is so white, its whiter than mayonnaise and my CB handle is "White Knight" when traveling the highways....

Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought of some more I do.

Seatbelts have to be in the complete upright position.
When its raining or snowing, and theres a piece of a leaf or bug stuck on the wiper blade making an awful streak on the wet windshield... I will stop as soon as I can to fix it.
Tranny in first gear when parked, parking brake only used if on a hill.
Instrument cluster has to be clean. Theres alot of dust and dirt behind the clear cover under the gauges, it drives me nuts.... I want it out but dont know how.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Instrument cluster has to be clean. Theres alot of dust and dirt behind the clear cover under the gauges, it drives me nuts.... I want it out but dont know how.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126765

Old 01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Cool, thanks Matt! Sounds like a project for a nice Spring day, cept knowing me it'll take 2 days.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?