What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JTDEERE
Cool, thanks Matt! Sounds like a project for a nice Spring day, cept knowing me it'll take 2 days.
I had that problem that article was actually about, I took mine apart, made the soldier for the fix, cleaned the glass and the instrument cluster facing, plus made scans of the cluster for a future project, all that and had it back together and installed in about an hour and a half.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PSS-Mag
I had that problem that article was actually about, I took mine apart, made the soldier for the fix, cleaned the glass and the instrument cluster facing, plus made scans of the cluster for a future project, all that and had it back together and installed in about an hour and a half.
Sweet! Then maybe you can give me a hand when you bring me my next fuel shipment. I probably wont need it for another week and a half, I got about 3/4's tank left. Thanks Bud, 'preciate it! Cant buy beer yet but I'll get ya a big steak or something.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Sweet! Then maybe you can give me a hand when you bring me my next fuel shipment. I probably wont need it for another week and a half, I got about 3/4's tank left. Thanks Bud, 'preciate it! Cant buy beer yet but I'll get ya a big steak or something.

Do I have a "Will Work for Food" sign on me?

Not yet anyway..........

Old 01-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Gotta love Paint.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Gotta love Paint.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by bryanfeelsgood
I can't go anywhere unless both floormats are completely straight...

Wow, now that I write that out, it sounds really stupid... oh well, I have very well-aligned floor mats.
Originally Posted by Raoul
Last August it was about 97 degrees outside and my AC was broken. I sat through rush hour traffic with all the windows up.

I figure it was about 145 degrees inside the cab but, I didn't want anyone around to know I didn't have AC.

I was hoping they would think I had recently left the swimming pool down at the Country Club.

Later, I found out I was actually driving towards the Country Club.

I wasn't for sure exactly where the Country Club was because they won't let me in there.

haha, classic... I don't feel bad anymore saying that if I'm driving alone and the sun is to my left, causing me to use my sun visor, I'll put the passenger side visor out as well. I guess my quirk is that I like to keep my vehicle as symmetrical as possible.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
When I park in an open area, I always cut the wheels to the left. Just always liked that look.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
EEEWWW!!You guys are SICK If my wife ever sees this thread I'll never be allowed to go out to play again GET A GRIP!!!My peave is a $2500.00 set of wheels and giant mudders that never see the actual mudhole. When I'm out I'm looking up in wheel wells just to see if it's a truck or just something pretty to squirt ArmorAll at..EEEWWWW!! Mud is bad, sand is bad, salt water is bad, snow is bad,dirt is bad,wet grass is bad.My F150 is BADDER Thanks , Ifeel much better now

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=9613

Last edited by Davy Crockett; 04-27-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok, here goes...
Has to be clean, I can't stand ANYTHING in the truck, no wrappers, not even a toothpick wrapper, if I am driving and you drop it beside the seat in the back, I WILL KNOW...
Vents, have to be straight, I don't care if the passengers are hot or cold, they MUST BE KEPT STRAIGHT AT ALL TIMES, I will wreck and die trying to reach over and push the far vent back to where it belongs.
I hate rocks in the tires, it bothers me.
I hate anything in the bed, I don't even leave the toolbox in there, I hate stuff in there unless I just happen to be using it for something, when that job is done, the bed is clean.
I hate the thought of the floormats not being straight. I will also wreck and die trying to straighten up the passenger side floormat.
I also feel as if symmetry is the key, if one window is down halfway, I have to roll the other down to the exact same spot, and I play with it (not that, perverts) until I get it right.
I don't like the back windows being opened.
NO EATING.
I love to get trucks muddy, love it, but I despise the thought of getting muddy myself and then getting back in the truck. If this happens, I will drive, but everybody else that is muddy will be in the bed, I don't care if it's snowing and we have to go 20 miles, if you want to ride inside, be presentable.
Same with the sunvisors, too, I do use mine if I must, but it irritates the crap out of me if the other one isn't down to the exact same spot.
I'm sure I'll think of more later...
Wow, this sounds REALLY **** when I write it all out, do I get some kind of "**** award"?

Add that if the lights are on, the fog lights are on, no ifs ands or buts about it.
I also like how it looks when the wheels are cut when parked, but I always tilted mine to the right, so if need be I could show off the oil filter location.

Last edited by Pickup Man; 04-27-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Parking close to my truck, I will lose my mine. I alway park way out in the parking lot's, I don't care how far away it is.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 PM
My hot/cold, air/heater and low/med/high ***** all have to be facing straight up. Also, I have a split bench seat, and the center console has to be folded up, and the seats have to be perfectly aligned with each other at the seat part AND the back rest, and head rests always have to be all the way down. The inside step also has to be clean, even though I know it's for stepping on.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Riding with **** people.

I buy my truck to use, so use it, I encourage everyone else with me to use it too. (with in reason)
It should be a comfortable and fun ride. If something breaks, scrathes tears, or doesnt look just right then it wasn't built good enough and I'll have to refrabricate something so it is.

To be prefertly honest, when I ride with someone that is ****, the thought that generally runs through my mind, is "They cant afford this...."
I am then uncomfortable because I now feel they really cant afford to run and operate this vehicle, so I am scared I may do something that wil seriously set them back financially. I'd hate to accidentally put a stain, and be the reason thier kids may not get a meal later down the road when they have to buy some cleaner or new floor mats, or....... new carpet instead of food, or make thier house payment or something.

From then on I'm like, ummm lets just take mine so we dont tear yours up.
What I'm really saying is that, I'll be more comfortable in mine because I can afford to fix anything that might happen on this trip.

Last edited by PSS-Mag; 04-28-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Man, I thought that pet peeve thread was bad.

Some of you guys really need help.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for this thread everybody. Every time I read these pet peave/quirk threads I feel less crazy than I really am. Knowing others are crazy is good therapy.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Thanks for this thread everybody. Every time I read these pet peave/quirk threads I feel less crazy than I really am. Knowing others are crazy is good therapy.
Wouldn't that mean that to be crazy is normal, so to not be crazy is abnormal?

Man I've been called abnormal for alot of different things, but never for not being crazy.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?