What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For obvious reasons, nobody is allowed to eat or drink in my truck. I don't care if it has cupholders or it's only water.
You can either finish your drink outside or throw it away.

It's the Law

Old 05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
After I wash my truck I rinse the soap out of the inside of the exhaust pipes - at least twice. No big deal. You people, on the other hand have some serious issues.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets just say I have a list that will not fit in one post.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I believe it.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:31 PM
Because I use Rain-X on my windshield I VERY rarely ever use my wipers. Even if the Rain-X is wearing down. I hate to see the marks left on the windshield where the wipers start and stop. Drives my wife nuts!

Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 AM
when my girlfriend "slams" my truck door shut... now when i say slam, any harder then it takes me to shut the door...

and people playing with the radio

Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 AM
After a wax, I always wipe off every smudge or blemish in the finish of the wax off my truck. My truck has to be perfect after a wash and wax. I stare at it and just admire how good it looks and sometimes spot a smudge that needs a good swipe with a MF towel. My neighbors problably count how many trips I make from my garage to my truck every time I do a clean up. lol! I do get paranoid about being watched by neighbors when I detail my truck. I'll look over at their windows to see if they're watching me wipe every smudge off of my truck. And since I live about 60 feet from the road, people rev their engines at me when they go by while I'm cleaning my truck. I guess they figure I like vehicles.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by roboots21
Use the outside door handles to CLOSE the door when getting out of the truck. . .
I'm with you on that one! I hate the smudges people leave on the edge of the door, what the he!! do they think the handle is for after all??!!

I have a little more than a few quirks myself. Some are a little more **** than others. I have a striped Mexican blanket hanging over the folded back seat. Whenever I have to use the seat, after folding it back up the stripes on the blanket have to be perfectly straight with the seat otherwise I can't stand it. Also Winnie the Pooh and Tigger sit on top of the seat and they have to be slightly turned toward each other and sitting evenly spaced in the middle of the truck! It is rather embarrassing when you write it out, but there you have it.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:12 AM
PEacemaker, I thought I was the only paranoid washer out there.

When I clay bar my truck I alwasy run my hand over the place I just did to verify how smooth it is. Well I wind up running my hand all over the truck like some kind of freak and always think my neighbors are drinking beer and laughing at me....Oh wait they are drinking beer and laughing at me

If I am not using any air or heater all the vents have to be closed with the dimple on the bottom. (you know the vents on the new ford trucks are the same vents on the GT40, worthless trivia).

When waxing I probably look at my truck from a distance about 500 times to make sure it looks perfect.

When I roll my windows down I have to have all 4 in the exact same position.

I have more but this is enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable or maybe that I need professional help.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Thrill Racing
When I clay bar my truck I alwasy run my hand over the place I just did to verify how smooth it is. Well I wind up running my hand all over the truck like some kind of freak and always think my neighbors are drinking beer and laughing at me....[/B]

I'm with you there -- only my "feeling fetish" occurs with a freshly waxed vehicle! For some reason, there is nothing more sensual than running your hands over the smooth, glossy curves of a vehicle that has just been polished and waxed!

I'm in my own personal heaven right now because my old '97 Ranger is being stored, and just before putting her up in the garage, she got a full "clay bar/polish/multilple coats of wax" treatment. Since she isn't being driven, her wax job isn't being diminished -- I just hit her with the California Duster every few days to keep the dust down and can run my hands all over her wonderful slippery curves!

I swear -- sometimes I come out in the garage just so I can feel her!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
Interesting...

Absolutely....under no circumstances whatsoever does anything go on the dash. No business cards, no sunglasses no anything!! I HATE that reflection on the windshield. That tray they put on the dash is USELESS!!

Also if someone gets in and moves the driver's seat it takes me exactly 1200 miles of driving to get it back where it was. Even with the seat all the way back and counting the "clicks" of the correct angle of the seat back, it will never be right again!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by 3valve
Absolutely....under no circumstances whatsoever does anything go on the dash. No business cards, no sunglasses no anything!!...
I'm with ya, 3valve. I can't stand to see someone's dash piled with mail, sunglasses, etc...

Old 05-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by wild-mtn-rose
I'm with you on that one! I hate the smudges people leave on the edge of the door, what the he!! do they think the handle is for after all??!!

I have a little more than a few quirks myself. Some are a little more **** than others. I have a striped Mexican blanket hanging over the folded back seat. Whenever I have to use the seat, after folding it back up the stripes on the blanket have to be perfectly straight with the seat otherwise I can't stand it. Also Winnie the Pooh and Tigger sit on top of the seat and they have to be slightly turned toward each other and sitting evenly spaced in the middle of the truck! It is rather embarrassing when you write it out, but there you have it.
You need help Rose. lol! j/k.

ps- I close my door by grabbing the inside arm rest thing on the inside of door. lol. And if I have to close it from the outside, I push on the handle too. If I give someone a ride in my truck, and they get out and put their hand on the door to close it and leave a big handprint, I immediatley wipe it off with a MF towel. And I'm big on maintenance. Heck, one of my graduation presents is a set of brakes for my truck. Haha.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Re: Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by valley818
I'm with ya, 3valve. I can't stand to see someone's dash piled with mail, sunglasses, etc...
Im with ya too, I cant have anything on the dash.
How do some truck drivers deal with it?

Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Here it is

Well to me it's simple really. Check the mailbox. Throw junk mail in trash. Pay bills that need paid. Deposit checks that need to be deposited....There all done. And most importantly. NOT ON THE DASH OF THE TRUCK.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?