What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is incredible. Going through so many feelings. I just spent the entire weekend detailing my truck, all the while telling myself, "I've got to be crazy, ignoring my wife and kids, just to get a clean truck" I felt so guilty. The as the job progressed, I felt elated and proud of the end results. I was happy. then, sunday night, I felt sad that I had spent all weekend on the truck. Today I was really Pis**ed off cause it's raining. I almost took a cab to work. When I told the guys a work about my weekend, I felt that I might be a bit compulsive about my truck. Now after reading this thread, I'm starting to feel inadequat again that I'm not doing enough for my truck. Ahhhh when will this all end :o

Dpostman

Old 05-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Wow! And I thought I was nuts!! The wheels get my attention way before the rest of the exterior. If the wheel & tires look good I can go a couple as in need of a wash.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:51 PM
here goes...
I wax under the hood and door jams. I remove all 5 wheels to clean and apply tire shine...even to the spare. My interior has to be spotless ALL THE TIME! I keep a terry cloth towel neatly folded in the center console for "sweeping" off my husky-liners and another for wiping off the chrome door handles/ac vent rings. I also have a micro-fiber for the windshield and have been known to take care of annoying streaks while at a light. All vents must be closed when not in use and at the same angle when in use.

I admit to being a little rediculous but hey, that's me....My wife can either deal with it or take her car, which happens 99% of the time when we ride together. Oh well.........

Old 05-17-2005, 06:40 AM
I guess I might as well 'fess up too. This is not only ****, but actually dangerous. I usually wash/wax my truck on Sunday mornings. When I go to work Monday morning, naturally I want to show it off looking nice and shiny. Early Monday morning on my way to work, I've been known to slow down to 5 MPH (maybe less) just so the water on the road from the sprinklers watering the median, wont kickup on my truck or windshield. When traffic is heavy, I've even pulled off to the side to let normal traffic pass by. Alternatives? None. Either I get up bout an hour earlier (no way) or get to work late (not an option) or drive an extra 7 miles and go another route.
You think the city might tell me where to go if I call and ask them to change their watering schedule?

Old 05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by roboots21
Use the outside door handles to CLOSE the door when getting out of the truck. My girlfriend is always putting greasy fingerprints on the outside of my door cause she always forgets to close the door by the handle when she gets out.
What he said

Only I get people touching all over the freaking door, so there are fingerprints all over it. WTF is wrong with people?

Also, people who want to eat sloppy food in my car either get to walk, or they get to wait until we arrive at our destination.

Old 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Your all insane. Take your trucks on a ferry because I'm gonna sink it your trucks included.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Is it too late for profesional help?

I just purchased my first truck a few weeks ago....so Im hoping that these new obsessive tendencies can be treated before its too late.

My newest one?

I've grown to admire the look of clean rims and tires...I waxed my friggin rims and use Tire Wet! So yesterday afternoon we had one of those famous afternoon Florida showers that left the street half flooded on the shoulder.

As I got to my car, I was a bit pissed to see my wheels 6 inches into the water with leaves and crap floating around em....so when I got back from my lunch, I ran the inside wheels of my truck all the way up on the city curb just to keep em high and dry.

Can I get a ticket for that? Better start a budget I guess.

Last edited by mg4444; 05-17-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:15 PM
F150online
Founder
I'm so ****-retentive about my vehicles that I built an entire business model around it ... http://www.ownersite.com

Old 05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just...
can't...
leave...
it...
stock...

Old 05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm pretty much guilty of slowing down almost to a halt when there's standing water. I don't want any water splashing on my stainless exhaust tips. While pumping gas instead of using the squeegee for the windshield I squeegee my exhaust hehe.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:07 AM
no

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Ok -- I'll start.

I'll only put coins in my coin holder that are dated the same year as the vehicle was built!
thats OCD lol !!!!!! M.W.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bcshepard
Your all insane. Take your trucks on a ferry because I'm gonna sink it your trucks included.

huh?

Old 05-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Nice plug steve-o!

Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
i dont use or allow anyone to use the cupholders!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 PM
I cant operate with fallen hair in the truck. Loose hair is a scourge upon my life.Drives me crazy. Black cats also , although black cats are the only legend I believe in.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?