What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Y'all have some serious problems, It's just a truck.
I do make sure the fan, temp and vent ***** are all straight up though.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by J-150
those bottle are sitting on the shelf... calling your name:

"brad... oh brad. please buy me. I'm so lonely on this shelf. Please take me home so I can join the rest of the gang in your garage"

You have those voices too? Oh... wait a minute... you're talking about me. Nevermind. LOL!

Old 05-20-2005, 11:15 PM
RP sometimes you do worry me just a little!

Old 05-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by snappylips
I don't know if this qualifies, but this past weekend I ventured up to N.J. for a Meguiars clinic. On the way back, I pulled off into one of those state owned (I think) rest stops to take a p, and fill up on coffee and gas. I only had about 3 gallons left. Got in the stupidly long line and realized that I would have to let one of the gas jockeys gas 'er up.

Ummm, no. No way in he11 am I letting some screwball who could care less about yet another ahole on the road that's interrupting his day, touch my truck. Hopped back on the 'pike, and made it into Maryland on fumes. Stupid? Maybe. Make it through the Garden State without scratches near my gas door or spilled fuel? Yep!

SL
I live in NJ and don't have any scratches on the truck or gas spilled on it We here in NJ are capable of pumping gas without hazzard too your vehicle or family

Old 05-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I am so **** about detailing that it has move to other appliances, literally. After cooking a mess of bacon and getting grease all over the stove, I cleaned it and since they are black appliances it is hard to get them streak free. So after washing it down I thought hey, why not a little NXT to get this thing shining right. Well let me tell ya that the stove, micro and dish washer have never looked so good. My wife saw me doing this and said " you need some serious help". I said ya but look at that shine and it will be easier to clean.

Sled...

Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 AM
I will only park in an end spot. That way, you can get real close to the curb and you only have one side of the truck unprotected from idiots who fling their doors open without a second thought.

Don't move the seat. Absolutely don't move the seat.

Don't slam the door. Yes, I do consider that slamming it.

Don't touch any controls before asking. Ask first, and I'll still probably say no.

Don't roll the windows up or down. I'll take care of that if it needs to be done.

Don't lean on the truck. That doesn't mean stop for now and do it again later when you think I don't notice. After I catch you again, DO NOT wipe off any smudges you've caused with your t-shirt!!!!

When you get out, use the step bars. DO NOT slide off the ege of the seat.

If the hood is up, I will shut it.

Basically, I don't even like anyone to be around or ride in the truck. All my friends lean on it, and say 'its no big deal.' Guess what, it is a big deal! I need help.

Old 06-04-2005, 04:53 AM
I have discovered another quirk the last few days...We took down the portable garage in preparation for our move so now the truck is parked in the driveway. I have been backing it up and parking on the cement slab in front of the house, whenever I back into the drive the truck has to be straight with the edge of the cement or it drives me crazy. I can't stand to have it parked crooked in the driveway. I'm sure I'm beyond any help there is out there.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Don't touch the paint when you shut my door. I use the plastic molding on the top of the door skin.

Gotta have strait floor matts as well.

The AC Vents have to be 50% opened and aligned strait up and down.

Oh..one more thing...

The ignition key has to have the Ford Blue Oval pointing upward when the ignition is on.

Old 06-04-2005, 11:22 PM
mine is with the windshield...i cant stand spots or bugs on my windshield...i have gone thru the washer fluid resevoir in a matter of 1/2 hour recently because of bugs...then when the fluid ran out..i pulled over in a rest area and cleaned the glass with invisible glass...

Old 06-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I have two big ones: The first is on my truck, an '82. Cleanliness. My truck just doesn't look right if the exterior is all clean. I immediately have to go drive it somewhere to get some mud and dust on it.
The second one is my dad. He has a '97 F150 4x4, and he is letting it rust out. No joke. It started as a little spot, but it's about the size of my open hand now, and it's not just surface rust anymore. He just says it doesn't matter when I point it out, that it was bound to happen anyways. I just want to slap him.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockPick
You have those voices too?

you betcha! they're the ones that talked me into the '04!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by J-150
you betcha! they're the ones that talked me into the '04!

We must share a demon...

Old 06-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Here's a two-fer:

GLASS GLASS GLASS!!! I hate smudges. Don't put your oily fingers on my glass, don't breathe on it. I made my buddy ride in the bed because he kept knocking his knuckles on my glass. If you're tired, recline the seat -- don't want your hair spooge on my glass!!! If you're sweaty, don't even think about riding up front!! BTW, I clean the interior glass every other day whether it needs it or not.

WHEELS & TIRES --- Your vehicle is not clean unless your wheels and tires are clean--not just the exposed side. Take 'em off and wash off that brake dust. Like those tires deep, dark and shiny? No prob... WIPE THE OVERSPRAY OFF THE WHEELS PEOPLE!!

Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Brian 5.4
I will only park in an end spot. That way, you can get real close to the curb and you only have one side of the truck unprotected from idiots who fling their doors open without a second thought.
Exactly, Just did that today

I am a fanatic with waxing and detailing. My neighbour comes over and says "what are you waxing your truck for? It's new!"........just go away.

Actually he finally borrowed some wax from me to do his weather beaten 97 F150 and he gets it all over his plastic parts and they turned blotchy looking and he gave me s**t for it.

Touch my climate controls or actually do anything in my truck without permission besides sitting there, and thats your last ride. My 19 month old son is an exception, I have his child seat in the center-rear and his feet, with shoes, now touch the leather center console. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 06-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Well I am new here, but after reading this thread, "LUCY, I'M HOME"

Seems like a great place, with like minded people.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?