What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Lariet4x4
Thought I'd re-vitalize this thread for some of the newer members.... It's kinda fun to see that you're not the only one gets pissed at someone slamming your doors (according to my wife, I am the only one)...or anything else.
Good idea, a little scary though, I never realized how obsessive compulsive I am. Especially post # 96 Brian 5.4, "When you get out, use the step bars. DO NOT slide off the edge of the seat." and

"mountaineer02v8" with the rattles , sans the foam

Last edited by Jon05screw; 03-28-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:41 AM
after closing the door in any manner of which correctly seals the door tight as to provide a weather-proof seal... I proceed to hit the remote button to lock the doors. After watching the door lock leaver slide down to indicate a locked door, I proceed to check the handle 3 times (ok, sometimes 5, but who counts these things? ) just to make sure the door is locked.

Perhapse more than "****-retentive automotive quirk" ???

The air vents do have to be perfect though.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 AM
I agree with almost all of you.But I hate it when the wife goes to the store maybe a half mile away and has to adjust every damn mirror in the truck! Lucky for me I have memory seats or that would be another.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:20 AM
What is up with the door slamming.

I just don't understand why people have to do this.

I tell them, "Easy on the doors....it's not a damn truck".

That usually gets some odd looks.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok here are a few of mine;

-Greasy fingerprints on my truck.....HATE IT!
-No eating or drinking in my truck
-No smoking in my truck.....wife hates this one.
-Don't slam my door!
-Nothing can be just laying around inside my truck, no papers on the dash or seats, take everything with you when you get out of my truck.
-No pennies in my truck unless they are in your pocket. I have no use for pennies and don't want them in my truck.
-I hate when people get in my truck with grass or leaves on their shoes. I have a truck mat to protect the carpet, but that doesn't mean it can't look good also.

Alright there are more, but that's it for now. Don't want you guys to start thinking I may be ****-retentive or anything.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I agree 100% with all of the above, but my main quirk is when someone uses the drink holder that pops out from the dashboard, and doesn't push it back in when theyre done.....that kills me.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
I let one of my friends borrow my truck so he could haul his woodshop project to his house from school and when I got back to my truck I hopped in ,and my seat and steering wheel were completely off! He had laid the seat back a buch and scooted the seat back, and he lowered the steering wheel completely and it was hitting my legs when I sat in it.... It is MY TRUCK, MY SEAT, MY STEERING WHEEL! I will have it the way I want it and if you are only gonna drive MY TRUCK 6 friggin blocks then DON'T MESS WITH IT!!! Now I have to re-adjust the height and distance of everything so it would fit to me again.. AND IT STILL DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT!

Old 03-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Ive been known to get home from being in the pouring down rain and get the garden hose out and spray down underneath the truck and the body while its still raining.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

I'm guilty of the greasy handprints on the door edge, I take care of it soon enough. Most of the time when I am concious of it, I find myself using the door edge guards to close them.

A few things that drive me nuts, are. Bugs on the black plastic trim, mirrors, cowl, etc. Greasy hand prints on the paint after an oil change or any svc. visit, inexcusable! If I do it, I clean it off right away, why can't they?
Nothing loose in the front floor of the cab is another, Likewise for anything in the door pockets that slides around while driving, makes me crazy.

the worst though, is grime on the door pull handles. Anyone who has had a 97-98 truck knows what I'm talking about. The big rubber covered handles that will clean your hands of every speck of dirt, and holds it for you They have to be cleaned about every week or so, to not look horrible. I like the design and function, just not the material Ford used. It's 1 step up from a gum pencil eraser, lol.,,,,98

Old 03-29-2006, 11:42 PM
I have to say my pet peeve is closing the doors. Very few people know how to shut em proper. The one's who do it are not strangers either, they should know better, smarten up. They always close too light, like you'd do with the windows open, and the bastards slam them when the windows are open.

My dad smokes with the windows cracked then wonders why the ashes hit the felt and everywhere else.- use a can or lower the window.

The old lady tries to figure out aftermarket head unit, **** that up too.

And ladies and gents, the worst is when others notice a scratch or some knick and decide rubbing it real hard and pointing out the obvious will cure the problem. There are so many more, but here's some top ones.

Good post, thaught I was nuts, but some of ya's are really more **** than I.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Cigarette Lighter

My cigarette lighter has to be turned so the smoke is going straight up.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Take the faceplate off the radio, put it in the bag, then the glovebox, even after I pull it in the garage and lock it up.

To many more to list.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:33 PM
me, I own a 2000 & 2002 Pontiac Trans Am ( wanna ditch the '00 for a '05 vette ) so i am definatly extra careful about my rides, including my truck.

1. Floormats are there for a reason, feet must never leave them and touch the carpet especially in spring

2. Park in a nice open area but not too far from the store ( I parked far away and some Chevy guy must have busted my fog lamp and threw something and dented my tailgate... bad idea to park far out, plus somebody could push a cart right into your truck!

3. If you have to sneeze, pull your shirt out and sneeze in your shirt, dont sneeze in my beautiful tan leather.

4. When cruising intown where the pollution is, windows must be up & A/C off, same for when ur truck behind some big nasty truck smell will come right threw the A/C

5. 10mph or less on a gravel road, I HATE DUST! lol

6. No goofing around of throwing stuff near my rides i'm 17 I cant afford that much body damage

7. Never throw something in my bed, I have a complete bedliner but i dont want anything risking to scratch my paint.

8. Never wash the truck on a hot day it will keep drying and cause soap/water spots not at al good.

9. Absolutly no foods or drinks within a 10ft distance of my vehicles, for the risk of somebody spilling, or my interior losing hte nice car smell and smelling like greased frys.

10. No touching the body, glass, or any plastic that will leave a fingerprint or smudge.

11. I cant ask everybody to wash and shower before they get in my truck but atleast make sure your cloths aren't clogged with dust or water.

12. Like everybody else, I like everything being even, seats, floormats, seatbelts

13. I like having my rear view mirror alligned with my rear sliding window.

14. and last, my trucks name is Triton, whenever I go in the house for the night I always say "goodnight Triton" lol

Old 04-28-2006, 10:33 PM
If the whole truck doesn't shine, I don't drive. (Unless it is currently raining)
The interior must be clean. (No trash, dust, etc.)
The inside of the wheel wells must be cleaned.
The tires must shine
Coins in the coin holder
Don't touch my climate control, my windows, or my paint.
Quit stompin' on the fake-brake.
I can see. Don't tell me when the light's green.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 PM
You all are f'ing nuts.

Just one thing though. I friggin hate when someone gets in the cab with their drink bottles and doesn't take it out with them. Ahem, cough cough, little brother.

Last edited by tbizzle; 04-28-2006 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: What's Your Most Anal-Retentive Automotive Quirk?